Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Just wondering....

Options
  • 17-06-2010 3:02pm
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,251 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Just wondering if anyone has seen these around?

http://www.homedraught.com/

Also what are peoples opinions on grolsch?Is it a nice lager/beer?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,835 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

I'm sure we'll see it here before long -- MolsonCoors are building their Irish presence up to the same level as the UK (except when it comes to decent beer, of course: no White Shield for the likes of us).

Not a big fan of Grolsch but it's better than Carling.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,251 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Not a big fan of coors or carling either,I actually saw these on a leaflet that was dropped in my door from supervalue the other day but did'nt see them up there at all.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,835 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

I don't think they'll be putting Coors Light in these anyway: that licence is still live with Heineken Ireland and unless they're come to some arrangement, Lady's Well won't want Burton-brewed Coors Light arriving on these shores.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,763 ✭✭✭hynesie08

BeerNut wrote: »
    I don't think they'll be putting Coors Light in these anyway: that licence is still live with Heineken Ireland and unless they're come to some arrangement, Lady's Well won't want Burton-brewed Coors Light arriving on these shores.

funnily enough i was just gonna ask that. i've seen the grolsch and carling ones around but wondered why the coors light was'nt.

I'm about 80% of the way through a grolsch keg now. It's not bad, but not great either.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,276 ✭✭✭kenmc

best thing about grolsch is the bottles. they look pretty and make good moneyboxes

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,251 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

I'm about 80% of the way through a grolsch keg now. It's not bad, but not great either.

Where did you get it?

Where did you get it?

Dunnes, 19.99 plus two free grolsch pint glasses.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 On the Bench

I got one of the Carling ones.. Carling is awful in fairness but it did pull a good pint compared to the Heineken kegs

• Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭Sonovagun

I've had about 4 pints out of my grolsch keg I like it. I was buying it a lot for the swing top bottles for my home brew, and it grew on me. Only thing I'll say about the keg is that the first two pints where all head. But it that's sorted now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭Curry Addict

grolsch weizen is very good

To the guys who do they're own home brews do you think this keg can be reused? For a brew?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭Mantel

BeerNut wrote: »

Seen a few of these filled with coors light in a sainsburys in Lisbon today. Would have gotten a grolsh one if they had it but only the coors was left.

Sonovagun wrote: »
    To the guys who do they're own home brews do you think this keg can be reused? For a brew?

The keg is just a big plastic bottle. The tap can be unscrewed and removed but cannot be reused. It has a built in gas cannister and once it's empty thats it.

Surely the gas build up from a natural brew would be enough pressure! There's far too much pressure as it is, I'm getting a flat massive headed beer. Lost it's appeal

Advertisement