Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Yesterday's Higher Level French Aural

• 17-06-2010 3:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 21

I'm a little curious as to what people thought of the French aural yesterday. I've seen a long thread about the exam as a whole, but what does everyone think of the aural more specifically? I've heard mixed reactions, some thinking it was clear and audible, others thinking it was quite tricky.

I personally found it hard, mainly because the sound quality coming from the CD player was dreadful, but I might give the sound file a listen when they put it up on the department website to check if it was really as hard as it seemed at the time. I can imagine that the questions on the bone, the roof of the pre-World War II house and French peoples' tipping habits caused some problems.

I don't expect the marking scheme to be as specific as last year's, but I can see the department revising the scheme once or twice to account for some of the more difficult questions. Just out of curiosity, did anyone else have issues with acoustics?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 338 ✭✭ajjmk

I didn't have a sound problem with french, but irish was bruuutal! The CD player was vibrating off the table reeally loudly!

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭aine92

The paper said today that it was a very easy one and I'd disagree, it wasnt overly difficult but they archaeology was difficult.

Acoustics were grand except when the ordinary level people had to turn the page and the higher level people were still listening for an answer and i felt like screaming at them haha!:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭irish_man

I'm a little curious as to what people thought of the French aural yesterday. I've seen a long thread about the exam as a whole, but what does everyone think of the aural more specifically? I've heard mixed reactions, some thinking it was clear and audible, others thinking it was quite tricky.

I personally found it hard, mainly because the sound quality coming from the CD player was dreadful, but I might give the sound file a listen when they put it up on the department website to check if it was really as hard as it seemed at the time. I can imagine that the questions on the bone, the roof of the pre-World War II house and French peoples' tipping habits caused some problems.

I don't expect the marking scheme to be as specific as last year's, but I can see the department revising the scheme once or twice to account for some of the more difficult questions. Just out of curiosity, did anyone else have issues with acoustics?

well actually we were in a fairly big room (for an aural) and there was an echo.

god it was such a hard test especially the very last question about the remote control. the marking scheme wont be as bad last year there was a lot of people doing very well so they made the marking scheme very hard but this year i couldn't imagine the same standards as previous years

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭johnmcdnl

the bone shaped like a bull was really difficult in fairness and the remote control was tricky too...

also the ones talking about the tourism weren't very easy but overall it was fair imo... i didn't think it was desperate bad and I'm only aiming for a D... then again maybe that's why I'm aiming for a D because I haven't a notion what was going on at all...

• Registered Users Posts: 28 c0nor

we were in a large room with a bad echo, made it very difficult to hear :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 930 ✭✭✭*giggles*

Thought it was fine. Then again, I spent a couple of weeks in France last summer. No major problems with it, the bit on the shopkeepers in Paris was tricky enough tbh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 140 ✭✭LadyGaga!

Ours was really muffled and made that vibrating noise but it wasn't the worst.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭cxh20y

I put down bone of a bull for question on her first discovery, then changed it to engraving of a bull in a bone, then realised how stupid i was after the exam, and how the second answer is so unrealistic!

Advertisement