Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Web Designer Needed for quotes and development

Options
  • 17-06-2010 3:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭

Hi,

I am looking for a bit of info and a estimate for pricing on a website we are looking at putting together.

The website will need to work along the lines of money supermarket.com/ travel supermarket.com and gocompare.com.

We are looking to put together a site that will offer the customer a choice of pricing and product by entering the criteria into a online form and search engine. This in turn with rake/crawl other businesses websites that offer the product that the customer is looking for and then return the results to out site along with pricing and an option to accept the deal and move onto the other business site.

In turn we will need it to constantly update the offers and criteria on a regular basis

I understand that it is very possible to do and am looking for someone to contact me to talk further about the project.

Regards

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭Dr.Silly

Hi,

I am looking for a bit of info and a estimate for pricing on a website we are looking at putting together.

The website will need to work along the lines of money supermarket.com/ travel supermarket.com and gocompare.com.

We are looking to put together a site that will offer the customer a choice of pricing and product by entering the criteria into a online form and search engine. This in turn with rake/crawl other businesses websites that offer the product that the customer is looking for and then return the results to out site along with pricing and an option to accept the deal and move onto the other business site.

In turn we will need it to constantly update the offers and criteria on a regular basis

I understand that it is very possible to do and am looking for someone to contact me to talk further about the project.

Regards

this isn't a small job,
    you won't be able to simply crawl other websites and get the price of the product and upload it to your database.

Price comparison websites take a "FEED" from all sources.
    I have done this before and we were taking product feeds from 20 different suppliers every 30 minutes. This was in the UK where it's a huge market.

You will have to meet with the various suppliers, agree on a format to accept the data, and load it into your system.

Not a quick hack job I'm afraid :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭VirtualNemesis

thanks silly.
    Yeah was quessing it was going to be a Bit*h alright.

thanks for your input. at leat im pointed in the right direction now.

VN :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

This is the proper route to go with this kind of thing. Posting in the main thread looking for quotes isnt allowed and you will get a better response posting in the link given.

• Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭TheWaterboy

Hi,

Regards

Just some advice - This is a pretty big job if you want to do it correctly. Unfortunately I think Ireland is too small as a country to make any great money from it but the country is crying out for a decent price comparison site.

You wont make any money by "crawling" the data from other sites. As another poster said you need to get data feeds from participating companies. You make money on signups etc. I.E. Vodafone pay you maybe 20 euro for every successful signup that comes from your website.

Advertisement