Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help on Family migration to australia

Options
  • 17-06-2010 3:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 34

Hey guys a quick question .

Has anyone here immigrated to Australia lately . If so I would love to find out if you used a migation agent here in Ireland . If you did what one did you use .

My situation is I'm married to an Aussie from Melbourne with a kid of 2 and now we want to move to OZ . Only problem is my wife has been here in Ireland for 4 years now in July and not sure if she can sponsor me and our little girl .

When we went back to Oz last Nov she was told that she was now classed as an Austlian resident living overseas.

I'm just worried that seeing she has been out of Oz for 4 years now that she won't be able to sponsor us

Any help or point in the right direction would be great .

Have downloaded all the form from http://www.immi.gov.au

Thanka

Al

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,435 ✭✭✭mandrake04

If your wife has an Australian passport then your daughter is entitled to an Australian passport too and you would easily be sponsored as you are married and being living together for more than 12 months.

You are right that your wife is classed as an Austlian resident living overseas (probably for Tax, medicare, Centrelink and voting reasons) but if she is a citizen she is entitled to return at any time.

Start here http://www.immi.gov.au/migrants/partners/partner/309-100/

• Registered Users Posts: 39,353 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

She was classed as a resident over seas as that what she was doing.
    When she returns to live, she'll have this changed to a returning resident, you'll get sponsorship handy through that. PR would be hard either

• Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭universe777

I moved to Melbourne in February of this year. My wife is Australian from here and she hadn't been back here in 5 years.
    Ausralian resident living overseas sounds like it's just for tax purposes, maybe you wouldn't have to to a tax return or something.

OP, you need to apply for a 309/100 visa, with a child you normally will get the 100 visa, which is a permanent resident visa.
    You will have 12 months to enter Australia from the date on your police check or medical. You don't have to settle there then, you could just fly out here to validate it.
    If you need any more help with it myself or others here will be happy to help.

OP, you need to apply for a 309/100 visa, with a child you normally will get the 100 visa, which is a permanent resident visa.

I was gonna say in my last post that being married with a child would be more likely a straight Permanent resident rather than the temporary spouse visa.

I wasn't 100% sure but .....Universe you answered and confirmed that question.

• Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭38141

There's going to be a reshuffle of the immigration law coming in the next couple of weeks, keep yer eyes peeled ;-)

• Advertisement

38141 wrote: »
    There's going to be a reshuffle of the immigration law coming in the next couple of weeks, keep yer eyes peeled ;-)

It seems to change every 3 months, I don't think Labour have a clue what they are doing.

If you make it to Australia in a tin boat and you burn your passport the government puts you on Christmas Island for a few weeks then transfers you to live in a motel in Brisbane free of cost and you are granted PR no questions asked and straight on benefits.

If you apply legally .......... have a degree, 3 years + experience, access to thousands of your own $$ to set yourself up, Speak English, good heath and clean criminal record. You would be lucky to be granted PR in the next 3 years plus you have to agree not claim any benefit in the first 2 years.

Real smart move Mr Rudd

Advertisement