Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ennistymon

• 17-06-2010 3:23pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,656 ✭✭✭

Hi

Looking for a bit of help. We are travelling up to Ennistymon for the Family festival on the 17th of July and I am trying to suss out a place to stay. I have Glebe house which would be great as there would be a group of us but they havent got back yet. I heard about a carvan park in lahinch but any site for Clare i go into tisnt listed, does anyone know if this is still running and what it is like.

Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,997 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

I think the Falls have challets for rent, give them a call, I'm sure they'd point you in the right direction if they don't

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 856 ✭✭✭Battleflag

The caravan park your thinking of is "Ocean View Park", simple campsite with shower/washing facilities, reception, hang out area etc. Think there used to be a shop there but that was a few years back.

It's a 5 minute walk to Lahinch as well, about 10 min drive to Ennistymon
    (065) 7081626

There used to be self-catering houses close by, not affiliated with the Caravan park but I have no idea who you would contact

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,656 ✭✭✭Milly33

Hello

Thanks Clareman yep I tried the falls but they only have one apartment left and we were hoping to get a house perhaps somewhere we coud all chillax..

I think perhaps that house is Glebe house it would be great but the min rent is a week pantaloons thanks exioot, might try suss out the campsite place so a bit more...

Do either of ye know anything about the family Festival i can only find bits about it from a few years ago nothing on this years one..Someone was telling the group that is was a family christian festival which we found out was a bti of a lie haha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 328 ✭✭Nevermind_

The main hotel in Lahinch also have 2 bed apartments with living room, shouldnt be too expensive and theyre fairly nice
    http://www.lahinchgolfhotel.com/

Thanks Nevermind...

Is Lahinch really within walking distance from Ennistymon, this would be like after a few :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

Plently of people walk it for sure.
    If you drive that route at night you'll see lots of groups walking or more correctly stumbling along

4km or so

Ah great stuff. Not too far so I might plant a few sleeping bags along the way just in case

• Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭bannerbhoy

Clareman wrote: »
    I think the Falls have challets for rent, give them a call, I'm sure they'd point you in the right direction if they don't

They sure do and its only a 2 minute roll downhill from the square as well:).Best little town in the county by far.

Advertisement