Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ANY HELP FOR PROMOTIONS JOB

Options
  • 17-06-2010 3:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 33

PLS i'm interested in doing a promotions job, that kind that has to do with giving stamps at nite clubs or tickets or freebies... i'd appreciate somethin close to it tho... pls any one with info or help should pls reply... thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

You posted in Dublin but live in Galway, are you sure you're in the right forum?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 zeenie

biko wrote: »
    You posted in Dublin but live in Galway, are you sure you're in the right forum?

yer i did, i plan moving to Dublin ASAP, just waiting to be assured i can get a job. cheers...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭anto86

you'd have better chances ringing up the night clubs and asking them directly it will be a simple yes or no answer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,942 ✭✭✭Danbo!

Also there isnt as much promotion stuff in Dublin as in Galway. Theres a bit in temple bar alright, but last time I was in Galway I couldnt believe the amount of people around shop street giving stamps for clubs.

anto86 wrote: »
    you'd have better chances ringing up the night clubs and asking them directly it will be a simple yes or no answer
    ok, thanks. but how can i get the clubs' contact numbers?

• Advertisement

Stee wrote: »
    Also there isnt as much promotion stuff in Dublin as in Galway. Theres a bit in temple bar alright, but last time I was in Galway I couldnt believe the amount of people around shop street giving stamps for clubs.

yer. i know, but i cant do the job here cos my dad will be against it. if i wer in Dublin, my aunt wont bother over it....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭anto86

zeenie wrote: »
    yer. i know, but i cant do the job here cos my dad will be against it. if i wer in Dublin, my aunt wont bother over it....

iv just googled the words clubs in dublin and you get a huge list of them :D

anto86 wrote: »
    iv just googled the words clubs in dublin and you get a huge list of them :D

thanks dear

Mr.S wrote: »
    Club promoters/reps get payed very, very little just so you know!

Its usually done (i haven't heard of any club that pays per hour) on commission.

The usual rate is that for every person you get through the door, you get €1.

Easy job on the side though. Just email the clubs and ask about being a rep/promoter.

Wow, thanks for the heads-up. That was really useful. I guess I've look for other jobs, but the thing is I don't know what to do to get a job. I've applied for so many jobs, I've also dropped my CV in so many shops, and I've got no yield or reponse from anybody.
    I am desperately in need of a Job.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,109 ✭✭✭Cavehill Red

Wow, thanks for the heads-up. That was really useful. I guess I've look for other jobs, but the thing is I don't know what to do to get a job. I've applied for so many jobs, I've also dropped my CV in so many shops, and I've got no yield or reponse from anybody.
    I am desperately in need of a Job.

You and 450,000 others, love.
    And the difference is, many of those others have families and mortgages to pay for and no daddy to put a roof over their heads and feed them.

• Advertisement

You and 450,000 others, love.
    And the difference is, many of those others have families and mortgages to pay for and no daddy to put a roof over their heads and feed them.

And what makes you think i'm different from them?

You live in Galway with your dad, which implies you have no mortgage. You're seeking promotions work rather than a more secure profession, which implies no offspring.
    And as previously stated, you live with your Dad, who is presumably housing and feeding you.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Cavehill I may have reported your post accidentally using mobile boards, apologies!

Cavehill I may have reported your post accidentally using mobile boards, apologies!

Dunno why you'd do that. I don't think there was anything wrong in my pointing out to the OP that they face an uphill struggle seeking casual work in Dublin while still living in Galway when the country has half a million unemployed, many already living in the capital, and many who are prepared to do any work going because they have mortgages to pay and mouths to feed.
    Best option for the OP is to seek work locally. No one is likely to offer casual work to someone living on the other side of the country.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Dunno why you'd do that. I don't think there was anything wrong in my pointing out to the OP that they face an uphill struggle seeking casual work in Dublin while still living in Galway when the country has half a million unemployed, many already living in the capital, and many who are prepared to do any work going because they have mortgages to pay and mouths to feed.
    Best option for the OP is to seek work locally. No one is likely to offer casual work to someone living on the other side of the country.
    Accidentally.. I'm using an iphone and pressed to scroll down and clicked the report button by mistake...

Accidentally.. I'm using an iphone and pressed to scroll down and clicked the report button by mistake...

Coolio. Missed that first time round. :)

I wonder why u ar so worked up over this. Like I said, i'm moving to Dublin because that's where my college is. If i were studying down here in Galway, i'd seek work locally. don't take this personal. I wasnt asking u or anybody to get me a job, i was only hoping i'd be lucky to get one. that's all. no hard feelings

• Registered Users Posts: 2,662 ✭✭✭RMD

And what makes you think i'm different from them?

You answered your own question in your previous post.

Housed by family, moving from one side of the country to another looking for insecure work usually done by teens and college students for minimal money. Ye, you must be in the same situation as the parents with mortgages to pay.

RMD wrote: »
    You answered your own question in your previous post.

Housed by family, moving from one side of the country to another looking for insecure work usually done by teens and college students for minimal money. Ye, you must be in the same situation as the parents with mortgages to pay.

yes, but not exactly... the fact that i have a dad only makes me a lil different. I have to get a job to get me through college not minimally, i mean, the whole way. u see y i'm not so different from people with their different personal issues, their's may be paying mortgage, myn's different but huge as well.

Advertisement