Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spitfire

• 17-06-2010 4:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 415 ✭✭

I'm a teen who usually drinks lager, not a huge fan of whiskey but I can manage it.

Will I be able for this "spicy ale" it's all I have?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,074 ✭✭✭questionmark?

SeanKev wrote: »
    I'm a teen who usually drinks lager, not a huge fan of whiskey but I can manage it.

Will I be able for this "spicy ale" it's all I have?

Quite simply yes. Its an Ale full of flavor and if you enjoy drinking a beverage that has flavor and isn't like bland piss that is Bud, then you'll like it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 415 ✭✭SeanKev

What would it be similar to?

Is it like Newcastle Brown?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,074 ✭✭✭questionmark?

SeanKev wrote: »
    What would it be similar to?

Is it like Newcastle Brown?

No Newcastle has a way more bitter taste(i really don't like that stuff) Its more smooth a little like Bishops finger(childness snigger) has a kind of smooth sweet taste goes down very easy.

No Newcastle has a way more bitter taste(i really don't like that stuff) Its more smooth a little like Bishops finger(childness snigger) has a kind of smooth sweet taste goes down very easy.

I have never had ale before and I've heard that Newcastle is disgusting tbh, things are looking positive. :D I'll give my thoughts on it later tonight.
    Thanks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

You might not like it the first time you have it its a big change from lagers, ale are generally a lot hoppier and can be bitter (although I remember spitfire being sort of sweet), so it might take a while to get used to.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭thelynchfella

its a different type of ale to Newcastle Brown Ale....if you are a lager drinker and havent drank beers that have hoppy flavours before then you mightnt like it......give it a go...nothing ventured nothing gained

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,277 ✭✭✭kenmc

jeesus krist just drink the bloody think already! what's the worst that can happen.
    Think I'll pop over to fashion forum and ask if I should buy a red tshirt. I've only ever worn blue and green ones before, I don't know if a red one will feel different or something....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭donaghs

I found the Shepherd Neame beers to have very distinctive and strong bitter hoppy flavours. And I like them in small amounts. Spitfire seems to be one of their milder variants, possibly aimed a larger mass market? But it still packs a lot more flavour than a standard lager. If you like it try Bishops Finger.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,891 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

donaghs wrote: »
    I found the Shepherd Neame beers to have very distinctive and strong bitter hoppy flavours.
    I'd be willing to bet that's because they're usually lightstruck. It gives a strong pungency to the hop flavours.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭Thundercats Ho

Not mad about it myself.
    Shepherd Neame have one out called 4-4-2 (world cup special?). not mad about that one either.
    Having said that, i did finish off the 6 of them...
    Bishops finger on the other hand (see what i did there), now thats the business.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭thelynchfella

shepherds neame beers do nothing for me. I dont give them a second look

kenmc wrote: »
    jeesus krist just drink the bloody think already! what's the worst that can happen.
    Think I'll pop over to fashion forum and ask if I should buy a red tshirt. I've only ever worn blue and green ones before, I don't know if a red one will feel different or something....

Sorry, forgot about the thread, no need to be smart.
    Was a bit sceptical at first, colour wise.. it looked like hard liquor but I enjoyed it. Far more flavour. Will definitely be trying some more Ale.

Advertisement