Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Training log for DCM

Options
167891012»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,048 ✭✭✭dolliemix

That is an amazing time....Well done!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,663 ✭✭✭claralara

Delighted for ya! Knew you had it in you, well done. I have a bit of work before I start feeling the love of "fast" running too!! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,090 ✭✭✭shazkea

Well done on your sub 24 and new PB :).

What was that you were telling me about not going out too fast :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,156 ✭✭✭jcsmum

shazkea wrote: »
    Well done on your sub 24 and new PB :).

What was that you were telling me about not going out too fast :D

I KNOW tee hee :D

5 miles tonight, around 9:30 min pace. First mile okay, then the next 2 were a bit 'off', shins felt very tight, but thankfully they must have loosened up somewhat because the last few miles were great. :)

• Advertisement

My shins were off this morning too. I was wondering was it the cold weather? Might be time to get the long leggings out.. [Unfortunately not a good look for my stumpy legs :(]

Oh I hear ya! I laugh at myself sometimes, I'm going out to run, to work up a sweat and I spend more time co-ordinating tops and bottoms. Stupid really as I come home like I've been dragged through a hedge backwards.
    Only good thing about Winter is that it's dark and by the time people see our stumpy legs, we're zzzzooooooooooom gone! :D

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

jcsmum wrote: »
    I managed a time of 23:40, so not too shabby, but I didn't feel the love. I think I'm just not a fast runner, I don't like 5ks, so I think I may give them a wide berth for the time being. Don't get me wrong, I'm thrilled with my time but just didn't like the race.

Good going on that time, I'm jealous :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,957 ✭✭✭digger2d2

claralara wrote: »
    Might be time to get the long leggings out.. [Unfortunately not a good look for my stumpy legs :(]
    Oh I hear ya! ! :D

Even worse look for a guy.....I had two schoolgirls laugh at me in my 'running tights' a couple of weeks ago...It's been enough for me to revert to shorts no matter what the weather....:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,902 ✭✭✭Emer911

digger2d2 wrote: »
    Even worse look for a guy.....I had two schoolgirls laugh at me in my 'running tights' a couple of weeks ago...It's been enough for me to revert to shorts no matter what the weather....:eek:

Or just wear the shorts over the tights? I know a few guys who do that... Slightly less embarrassing :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,902 ✭✭✭Emer911

I had a scowl on me coming across the finish line, despite the fact that I knew I had come in sub 24.
    I managed a time of 23:40, so not too shabby, but I didn't feel the love. I think I'm just not a fast runner, I don't like 5ks, so I think I may give them a wide berth for the time being. Don't get me wrong, I'm thrilled with my time but just didn't like the race.

Wow! Great time and after a late night too... I'd say you could easily best that again in the near future, if the mood took you. ;)

I'm doing a 5K this weekend and will be thrilled if I get anywhere near 26 minutes - I feel SO SLOW :p

Decided to head out for a 5 miler last night. Stood in the front garden for ages (well it seemed like an age) waiting for the garmin to locate those satellites. With the wind whipping around me, I started the question the wisdom of running atall.
    Anyway finally off I went, back to the wind for the first few miles. Decided I was feeling good after 2 miles (legs loosened up again), so I planned on doing 6, then I decided to do 6.3 (round it off to 10k), but by the time I arrived back at home I had done 6.6m. :)
    Did the 10k in 55:40, very happy with that.

I've now decided to start a new log, which I probably should have done right after DCM.
    I have new goals & I think it is only fitting to put this training log away now. Even the title is out of date (again!)
    Out with the old........

Good idear! I’ve decided to hold onto my bad boy until the end of the year and start afresh in January with my new goals…of which there are many (achievable or otherwise...) :)

That was a great run last night. I’m mildly dreading tomorrow but I’ll be raging if I can’t take part at the same time. I don’t expect any amazing results from it – just a bit of fun for a good cause! 10k in 55 mins at this rate would go down wonderfully!

Best of luck with the new goals!! :D

claralara wrote: »
    Good idear! I’ve decided to hold onto my bad boy until the end of the year and start afresh in January with my new goals…of which there are many (achievable or otherwise...) :)

That was a great run last night. I’m mildly dreading tomorrow but I’ll be raging if I can’t take part at the same time. I don’t expect any amazing results from it – just a bit of fun for a good cause! 10k in 55 mins at this rate would go down wonderfully!

Best of luck with the new goals!! :D

I'd say you'll have no bother doing a sub 55. My new log is up and running.
    Do you want to be my first visitor? pretty please.....:D

Advertisement