Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Training log for DCM

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,048 ✭✭✭dolliemix

Wow. Well done! You are a serious runner in my eyes!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,156 ✭✭✭jcsmum

5 miles this morning, 43:17:42, average pace of 8:39

To be honest, I was beat after this. I really pushed myself for the first 3.1miles (5k) to see if I could do a sub 25. HA! It was 26:44. :( And I was really struggling. The final 2 miles I eased up the pace and finished okay.

Am in my new runners today, got the gait analysis done yesterday. Paid €145 for my kayanos :eek:. They better be worth it!

I feel though right now that my body is tired. I dont' have an injury but I feel I could happily lie down for the rest of the day and do nothing. I'm just in a kind of 'emotionally fragile' mood. I think I could also do with a serious massage session. I'm knotted everywhere.

Oh and I bought bodyglide..... horay!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,663 ✭✭✭claralara

They will be! I've noticed such a difference in the last 8 weeks since I got my new runners. Enjoy the miles to come.

There was one day there a while back that I felt just knackered. Flat out wrecked. I felt guilty about missing the run I had planned for the day but I just chilled and had an early night. Had the best (strong and enjoyable) run ever then the following day. Sometimes you need to cheat on Hal and listen to your body. Feel better!

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

jcsmum wrote: »
    I feel though right now that my body is tired. I dont' have an injury but I feel I could happily lie down for the rest of the day and do nothing. I'm just in a kind of 'emotionally fragile' mood. I think I could also do with a serious massage session. I'm knotted everywhere.
    That's actually quite understandable considering how much training you've done over the last couple of weeks, and how much of a step-up that was for you! I would treat next week as a step-back week if you can, just keep fairly consistent but nothing particularly fast or long.

Yeah RK, I'm back to work on Monday, so I won't be doing any long runs next week. And with the race on Saturday week, I'll keep all runs til then to under the 10 miles.
    Can't believe I'm typing that!!! Like 10 miles is a picnic!! :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,090 ✭✭✭shazkea

I think I could also do with a serious massage session. I'm knotted everywhere.

Dunno if you have access to a gym but try a foam roller on the knots. It does hurt but its the biz.
    I got one off my physio lately for €20 and it's working wonders!

shazkea wrote: »
    Dunno if you have access to a gym but try a foam roller on the knots. It does hurt but its the biz.
    I got one off my physio lately for €20 and it's working wonders!

I had no idea what a foam roller was.... I see people mentioning stuff on here all the time and I forget to ask what they are talking about! Or maybe it's embarrassment! :o
    I might look into getting one alright. And, no pain, no gain as they say ;)

I did 8 miles this morning, 3 miles to Marlay park, once around the park (2 miles) and then 3 miles home. Was very comfortable for the run. I seemed to be sprinting the final mile home :cool:
    Much happier than yesterday's run for sure.
    8 miles, 1:15:10, average pace 9:23

• Registered Users Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭Dotcomdolly

If I can talk Raycun :) into driving to Ringsend tomorrow I think I'm going to get a foam roller. Maybe you'd like me to pick one up for you too?
    www.physioneeds.ie
    Well done on all your great running, you're a natural.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭RayCun

That website is ugly.
    And it crashed my browser.
    Is that the only place that sells them?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭Dotcomdolly

Irish Fit in Dun Laoghaire?
    Could be combined with trip to Farmers market in peoples park, nyom nyom

Sorry D and Ray, I'm not online much these days. Just saw your offer now. If it's not too much trouble the foam roller would be great. I'll fix up when I see you next at Tymon... which will hopefully be soon.

Oooooh and I'll have something nice from the Farmers market too. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭JEmily

I had no idea what a foam roller was.... I see people mentioning stuff on here all the time and I forget to ask what they are talking about! Or maybe it's embarrassment! :o
    I might look into getting one alright. And, no pain, no gain as they say ;)

Sorry now i'm stupid but waht exactly is a foam roller and what does it do/help with?

JEmily wrote: »
    Sorry now i'm stupid but waht exactly is a foam roller and what does it do/help with?

It's just a big piece of foam that's used to help get knots out of your muscles. Article from Running Times about it here.

Waited til this evening to go out for a few miles. Had planned on 5 but ended up getting a bit disorientated in the park and did 6 instead. Love that! :D
    Did a lap of St Enda's park (hello hills) and then up to Marlay, a lap there and then back down to do a lap and a half of St Endas again. Beautiful evening, lots of lady runners out there, especially in St Endas.
    6 miles in 56:35:48, average pace 9:26

Took yesterday as a rest day and what a beautiful day for resting! Headed off for a run this morning before work. I'm not usually out that early but I can't go after work, so out I went. Such a gorgeous start to the day, 5 miles in 45:22:20, average pace of 9:04.

It feels like an age since I've posted. With one thing or another, I got no running in since last Monday morning! I was obsessed fretting about it, I think I may have been suffering withdrawl symptoms. :o The only day I could have gone was Friday and I was advised that I may aswell rest up before the 10 miler yesterday.

I was aiming for sub 90 and I did it in 88.12. Absolutely delighted! :D
    I enjoyed yesterday a lot more than the 5 miler (can't believe I'm even saying that!), the heat was tough but I seemed to be pretty comfortable throughout, despite a bit of a mental block between miles 8 & 9.

All in all was delighted with the day and my effort. I really gave it everything and that's all that matters really.

Well done, that's a great time! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭Tipsygypsy

Wow, go you, well done!!!:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,663 ✭✭✭claralara

Well done on Saturday! You've a minute on me on the 10 miles and we both have the same goal for the half...nothing like a bit of healthy competition to up the motivation eh...;)

• Advertisement

claralara wrote: »
    Well done on Saturday! You've a minute on me on the 10 miles and we both have the same goal for the half...nothing like a bit of healthy competition to up the motivation eh...;)

Absolutely :D. I'm hoping to stick with the pacers for the half and then if I have anything in the tank to just try and go for it.
    Being on boards is great cos you know of so many other people aiming for PBs and training so hard and overcoming injury. It really helps to read other people's goals and triumps and determination. Oh and of course to have some healthy competition!!!

No idea of what I'm supposed to be doing on the HH plan this week, I'm really bold, sorry Hal. I headed off for a 5 miler last night after work, ended up doing 6 miles instead. The outside of my thighs were a teeny bit sore since Saturday, but thankfully nothing hindered me last night, not the wind, the heartburt I suffered (ate my dinner an hour before running :eek: - it was not pleasant, but I was starving & due to family logistics I had to go running when I did). I felt super comfortable and did the 6 in 54:15:44, average pace of 9:04 :)
    I love running on days like that!

you're flying at the moment - that's a brill time on the 10 mile, congrats :D. What time are you thinking now for half?

I'm hoping sub 2 hours for the half. I read your training log..... I had to laugh at you, you're clinging to the DCM!! And so would I! This running lark is so addictive. You've a few more weeks to decide anyway! :)

I'm hoping sub 2 hours for the half. I read your training log..... I had to laugh at you, you're clinging to the DCM!! And so would I! This running lark is so addictive. You've a few more weeks to decide anyway! :)

Sub 2 is in the bag for you - you'll do great on that run.

Yup clinging to that DCM alright - what can I say, I really want that t-shirt :). Am completly addicted to running now - no turning back eh!

Did 4 pretty speedy miles last night. I decided to put my foot to the floor (especially for the second 2 miles) & just go for it. My garmin said 34:18:98, average pace of 8:34. I was running like a crazy person for the last mile and I did it in just over 7 minutes. I have to say it was pretty satisfying but obviously I will NOT be doing that again for quite some while.

Hadn't run in a few days so delighted to join up with the boards group for the LSR this morning. So many faces and names to remember....
    Really enjoyed the run, the time and the miles seemed to go quickly by. 10 mile pace indeed!! ;)
    Had promised myself that if I felt okay by the end of the 15 miles I'd do an extra 2.
    Did the 17 miles in 2:46:44, average pace of 9:49
    Am exhausted now, can barely move.....

Good stuff, that's a great run to get done :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭xebec

Great feeling though isn't it?! You'll be sore tomorrow... Wasn't too far off 10:00/mile pace in then end, great session :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

Hadn't run in a few days so delighted to join up with the boards group for the LSR this morning. So many faces and names to remember....
    Really enjoyed the run, the time and the miles seemed to go quickly by. 10 mile pace indeed!! ;)
    Had promised myself that if I felt okay by the end of the 15 miles I'd do an extra 2.
    Did the 17 miles in 2:46:44, average pace of 9:49

Nice to meet you today. If we had realised you were doing extra miles, you might have been roped into the 20 with Chinguetti and me.

Feet up and enjoy a few drinks tonight!!

BTW you looked very comfortable today!

Advertisement