Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Training log for DCM

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,554 ✭✭✭Mr Slow

digger2d2 wrote: »
    I didn't know my Mother-In-Law was at your Son's party...........;)

If your Mother in law has a face you could slap all day, then yep, she was there.

So does mrslow's predicted finishing time................;);)

:(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,156 ✭✭✭jcsmum

I didn't know my Mother-In-Law was at your Son's party...........;)

My God, you've been on a roll lately with the comments :pac:
    Loved your Monty Python rant from the weekend regarding the splitters and the splitters splitters..........etc etc....:D

Anyway............. back to more serious matters, 4 mile run this morning at 6.30am (yes, there were stars out (and I don't just mean me ;):p!)), 36:09, pace of 9:02
    Super run really.
    Some oldish man rolled down his window at me at the traffic lights gave me a little wave and called out 'good morning'. :D
    Yeah probably one of those 'you had to be there' moments.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭RubyK

Fair play to you for getting out for those early morning runs, that's dedication for you :)

It's nice when you get a bit of unexpected support, had that experience on Saturday, when I was struggling a bit, perked me right up!

• Advertisement

It's the thought of getting up, that's the worst thing. Once I'm out there, I'm fine.
    And yes, I'll take the support anywhere I can get it! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭marrona

RubyK wrote: »
    I wonder am I the only one who has found that nearly everyone presumes its the womens mini-marathon I'm doing. Someone yesterday asked me if I was walking or running :pac:

Yes I totally get this!!

-i'm doing the marathon
    -you mean the mini-marathon?
    -no, the marathon
    -is that a half marathon?
    -NO, the marathon
    -you know a marathon is 26 miles?

I think the next time I'll play dumb and say "WHAAAAT? what have i signed up for??". "and are you training?" has to be the most classic. someone atually said to me "you know football training doesn't count?". ah god, if only they knew of my multiple online running coaches!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,957 ✭✭✭digger2d2

jcsmum wrote: »
    Some oldish man rolled down his window at me at the traffic lights gave me a little wave and called out 'good morning'. :D

I swear that wasn't me.....;)

I swear that wasn't me.....;)

Come to think of it, he WAS wearing a compression top and a it was a bit on the tight side. :D

Come to think of it, he WAS wearing a compression top and a it was a bit on the tight side. :D

Was he poking a banana out through the sunroof?

• Advertisement

mrslow wrote: »

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Jacky08

Hi quick question .. for those running in the sub 3.30 Group what would be the Half Marathon Split and similarly for those running the 3.45 sub

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭Bez Bing

Jacky08 wrote: »
    Hi quick question .. for those running in the sub 3.30 Group what would be the Half Marathon Split and similarly for those running the 3.45 sub

Cheers

Take a look at this Jacky it will allow you to enter you finish time and give you splits for each mile.
    http://www.users.on.net/~klima/rkcalc_mi.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭RayCun

The pacers are running even splits and aiming to finish with a minute spare, so the 3.30 group would do half in 1.44.30 and the 3.45 group would do it in 1.52.

Bez Bing / Ray Cun many thanks for the replies

menoscemo wrote: »
    I don't like gels either, but as you saw on saturday i carry ones that are premixed with water, they are the only ones i can stomach. If i were you I'd experiment with sweets and bars over the next few weeks and see which ones you like. If you don't want to carry them you can always have people placed at strategic points along the course.

Hi, I didn't persevere with the gels and rely on sports bars/jellies/bananas/milky ways/lucozade. Family members have agreed to line the route to supply me. Is that a realistic plan then? I've never been to DCM so dont know what the crowds look like. How likely is it that they'd see me or I'd see them? Thanks meno. Thought I was the only one not using those godforsaken gels!!

marrona wrote: »
    Hi, I didn't persevere with the gels and rely on sports bars/jellies/bananas/milky ways/lucozade. Family members have agreed to line the route to supply me. Is that a realistic plan then? I've never been to DCM so dont know what the crowds look like. How likely is it that they'd see me or I'd see them? Thanks meno. Thought I was the only one not using those godforsaken gels!!

You could wear something risque, you're sure to get noticed then.:D

I've been wearing a fuel belt on my long runs' - don't mind the gels (Use Power Bar Gels) I also take the Power Bar 'Bars' - find them really good - for liquid I'm using High Five zero sport electrolyte, might take on board the comments on the Jelly beans .... the belt can be cumbersome but I'll stick to the way I've approached all my long runs, can always discard it or pass it on to a friend on the side of the road

Breakfast will be important - Porridge with banana and honey - Toasted Bagel with jam/honey - and a good glass of orange juice - I live in North Dublin so on the way in I'll be taking on baord one High Five 250ml drink and one Lucozade Sport drink and one ...... just hope there's plenty of toilets at the start and along the route cause I could 3 times within 13 mile :)

mrslow wrote: »
    :D

There wasn't a sunroof beforehand.......;);)

4 miles this morning, 37:19, pace of 9:19
    Happy with that.

Still sniffling and snuffling though........

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,663 ✭✭✭claralara

T minus 7 days...yikes!! I'm sure there are flutters of excitement in there too. Any requests for the poster I'm going to fashion? Or where I should stand to scream and shout? I think the very least I can do at this stage is go out and support everyone!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭xebec

My favourite poster last year was "your feet only hurt cos you're kicking ass!". Something memorable like that is always good :) Where are you going to watch it? Coming to join the celebratory drinks after?

Oops, just realised which thread I was in! Poster comment is @claralara, drinks is at both of you...

Ran 6 miles on Sat and 10 yesterday. Saturday's run was nice and easy. Yesterday's was wierd, the first mile was fine, then the next 2 or 3, my legs felt very heavy. They did improve for the last 5 miles but I was slightly concerned.

Oh and on Saturday I fell in the street............ in front of lots of people :o
    I mean seriously I haven't fallen in years and the one week where I am trying to preserve my precious legs, I go and fall, sore hand and a bruised hip. Oh and severely dented pride. Thankfully jc was there to shower kisses on me. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭DigiJem

Ouch! Glad nothing more than your pride was injured! Only one more week of this madness to survive, nearly there :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭RubyK

You must have given yourself a right fright jcsmum :eek: Mind yourself :)

• Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭JEmily

Oh and on Saturday I fell in the street............ in front of lots of people :o
    I mean seriously I haven't fallen in years and the one week where I am trying to preserve my precious legs, I go and fall, sore hand and a bruised hip. Oh and severely dented pride. Thankfully jc was there to shower kisses on me. :)

Typical:rolleyes:, the one week we're trying to NOT fall...poor you, hope your pride is better today oh and the hand/hip

Were you sober or loaded on those sneaky glasses of Gin again? ;)

3 miles last night in the cold (brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr) in around 28 minutes. Felt nice being able to turn after 1.5miles and head for home (and heat)

Despite sleeping really well this week, I'm absolutely exhausted. And I'm eating a lot more than normal, and not all of it is good food. And to top it all, I had a dream last night that I was leading the marathon and not at a very quick pace. I was dying for some other runner to take over & lead.... thing is, there were only about 50 of us doing it. :confused::eek::D
    I think that is the definition of taper madness right there

And to top it all, I had a dream last night that I was leading the marathon and not at a very quick pace. I was dying for some other runner to take over & lead.... thing is, there were only about 50 of us doing it. :confused::eek::D
    I think that is the definition of taper madness right there
    I dreamt last night that my laces became undone and I couldn't remember how to tie them back up. what a boring dream! mens sana in corpore sano? I used to be normal and now I'm insane. At least we haven't had the dream where we run the marathon naked. too cold for that malarkey!

• Advertisement

I dreamt last night that my laces became undone and I couldn't remember how to tie them back up. what a boring dream! mens sana in corpore sano? I used to be normal and now I'm insane. At least we haven't had the dream where we run the marathon naked. too cold for that malarkey!

At least there'd be no chaffing boobywiggle_tweetz.gif

Advertisement