Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Motoring Ban?

Options
  • 17-06-2010 4:10pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,102 ✭✭✭

There is a current discussion in Motors about Road Rage, I posted up how I would react in the event of such a transgression against me, here and followed it up here. I was subsequently banned for a week for "advocating assault".

What sort of politically correct misanthrope is this mod for to have a problem with a person defending himself if attacked or having his property or family attacked. What is the official PC line, hand him the keys oh and if you wouldn't mind taking my wife and gang raping her for too good measure?

There is a huge difference between assaulting a person and acting in self defence of ones self and their property. Having contacted the Mod Anan1 he then accused of ignoring in thread warnings when there was no warning issued directly to me or even vaguely to the same roadrage topic that was being discussed.

I do not advocate assault and am a pacifist by nature but will not bend over and just take it when some one crosses me and will fight to defend myself, family and property.

Self Defense is very different from assault and Anan1 has just contradicted his interpretation of the point I was trying to put across.

Cordially,
    stinicker

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Hi there.

I see you've contacted the mod, presumably by PM, to discuss this. The next step, if you're unhappy with the response, is to contact one of the category mods for Rec as the dispute resolution procedure explains.

If you're unhappy with what you get there, post back and I'll look at it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,102 ✭✭✭Stinicker

sceptre wrote: »
    Hi there.

I see you've contacted the mod, presumably by PM, to discuss this. The next step, if you're unhappy with the response, is to contact one of the category mods for Rec as the dispute resolution procedure explains.

Thanks sceptre, will do

Hi there.

None of the three mods listed for "Rec" have been online recently so I guess this falls back to yourself sceptre.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Stinicker wrote: »
    None of the three mods listed for "Rec" have been online recently so I guess this falls back to yourself sceptre.
    Give them a day or so to respond after you PM them (they'll check it out when you do) - we don't run a 24/7 instant message support service I'm afraid.

Give them a day or so to respond after you PM them (they'll check it out when you do) - we don't run a 24/7 instant message support service I'm afraid.

Grand, just that two of them were online in April and May so I just thought they may be lapsed boards members.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,945 ✭✭✭trout

Stinicker wrote: »

I've been online several times today, and every day for the past few weeks.

If you want to PM me, I'm happy to look into this.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,945 ✭✭✭trout

I have no PM as yet ... I'll be AFK for the next while, and may not return while this ban stands. So ... I've made the Motors mods aware of this thread.

Having read over the threads & posts, albeit without any input from the OP ... I can see why the ban was applied.

At first glance, 7 days might be harsh ... I suggest the OP takes a look at their posts in the thread in question, and have a think about the language and tone.

If the OP were to approach the Motors mods again, in a reasonable manner, and refrain from posting these sentiments in Motors, the Motors mods will be more amenable to reviewing the length of the ban.

That's the best I can do for the minute.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

Grand so. I'm the mod who issued the ban - i'm quite happy to lift it if Stinicker gives me to understand via PM that he's taken the point on board.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

you wrote this:
    Don't even bother suggesting the guards as the local dog warden would of more use, if someone crosses me I will dish out proper justice that will hurt the offender properly. Police are useless in any criminal matter and if anybody steals from me or hurts me or my family in any way they will be sorry they ever did.

If you write stuff about beating someone with an iron bar for property damage rather then going to the cops again on this site you'll be leaving for good.

DeV.

Advertisement