Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any technology students here?

• 17-06-2010 4:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 29

I know its a tad early, but its such a big course and not an awful lot of examples. Has anyone heard of or been told by their teachers of likely questions to come up. Or will it be very similar to last years exam???

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,623 ✭✭✭double GG

GAAmadd wrote: »
    I know its a tad early, but its such a big course and not an awful lot of examples. Has anyone heard of or been told by their teachers of likely questions to come up. Or will it be very similar to last years exam???

Nope, our teacher has done no theory with us hardly. I have been learning the book myself, however the book is pretty basic and doesn't really give you enough information on many aspects of technology.

Well the short questions are hard to predict but know electronic symbols and mechanics. Also gear ratios. Energy conservation.

For the Core, know every type of material very well and how they are joined etc. Know Gantt charts ie. how to make one etc. (should be easy because of the various Gantt Charts in your portfolio. I'm pretty sure a energy conservation question will come up in some shape or form also.

Options, depends what your doing, I'm doing Materials and ICT.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 GAAmadd

Ya we are going in the day before the exam to do a bit as we have done nothing since start of the year. We dont have a book just all the notes he gave us which we got on our memory sticks and have it on my computer now:rolleyes: handy but still soo much to learn.
    How did your project go? What your teacher say you will get?:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 864 ✭✭✭stainluss

GAAmadd wrote: »

I hope it is. Its ridiculous that they implement a new subject and dont give us the resources to do it with:rolleyes:

Even sample papers like they seemed to do with Biology in 2003 (I think they changed it back then or something)

If anyone knows of any online resource, Id love to hear them:) I saw the t4 website but it doesnt appear useful

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 GAAmadd

T4 seems to be the main one as our teacher uses them. Also what are everyones views on their project? What was it, did it work what did it do etc?

Advertisement