Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Art History Aftermath

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35 nijel

xfionax wrote: »
    Its only 37 and a half percent!:)

i would remove the only ...100 marks for still life ... 100 for craft/design 50 for life sketch 150 for the history. yes you can pass without the history but its worth so much more than any of the individual exams.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 Mescaline

Ok the majority of Art students are Goths, Emos and Freaks therefore I have come to this conclusion: They are all gonna be really depreesed because of this paper and start self harming or worse. And its all the SEC's fault. The Basterds.

Iv come to the conclusion that your a stupid narrow minded little bastard and havent a breeze and just wanted to write a comment you thought was funny.

''That's bull****. The vast majority of art students are idiots who think it's a doss''

Im fairly sure the vast majority of art students are people that enjoy art. people who are artistic.. id say theres the odd person who does art because they think its easy because after a year of it theyd sure find out if they havent the ability then there ****ed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 829 ✭✭✭zam

I made up a gallery for the small gallery question. Hopefully they won't do any research.....

I did **** but I don't really care cos I don't plan on counting art! I would be angry and sad otherwise :P

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭Orlaladuck

You'd think that, you really would =(. In my school and most other schools I hear about, people do art because they can copy pictures well. When it comes to actually doing original however.. Also most people I know don't even realise history of art exists until they actually get into the classroom. Also two people switched to art this year merely for that reason - one ended up doing ordinary level. It'd be amazing if it was just people with artistic interests but it never is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 xfionax

I hate newgrange now....:(

Thank god for romanesque and bansky!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,761 ✭✭✭Lawliet

Mescaline wrote: »
    Im fairly sure the vast majority of art students are people that enjoy art. people who are artistic.. id say theres the odd person who does art because they think its easy because after a year of it theyd sure find out if they havent the ability then there ****ed.
    Idealistic thinking, I'd say the ratio of dossers to interested students is about 3:1 in my class

• Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭whelpy

Rene Magritte you saved me today, but it was still a dire paper

• Closed Accounts Posts: 231 ✭✭frser32

it was an alright paper...book of kells was fine..raphael straight forward and bansky was interesting....didnt like the look of the gallery question

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 vicksterchick

Horrible paper! :( NOTHING that we studied came up!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 simbathelion

Can someone let me know, are national museum's only in Dublin, or can Cork, Limerick, and Tralee call their museum's national, cause our teacher never took us to Dublin and I had to make do with our own city museum and gallery, Do you think my answer will be wrong now. Thanks

• Advertisement

I suppose, must be different in other schools i guess, my class was very artsy.. but even copying involves ability.. if its not tracing that is. but even if people did pick it in other schools thinking it was easy, they relise they have to put the work in.. something like econmics, geography would be alot easier to pass. i really think theres alot more preperation involved in the art exam over all then any of the others, the other subjects were basically just memory tests and if you new what to learn and read over it enough times you were grand, bar english paper one maths music and art the rest dont really envole any personal ability. So if people were to pick something easy.. theyd be best picking something that anyone can be able for. or what they are able for. Well anyways.. i guess in your school that wasnt the case and.. they were idiots :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 43 loocas

Mescaline wrote: »
    Iv come to the conclusion that your a stupid narrow minded little bastard and havent a breeze and just wanted to write a comment you thought was funny.

''That's bull****. The vast majority of art students are idiots who think it's a doss''

Reeeeeeeeeaaaaaally not helping your case that Art students aren't whiny tossers :P

Great paper. Loved the first question, although I forgot the actual name of the Bangle.
    Second paper just took the multiple choice Q. and got 4 and a bit pages on Manet.
    Got 3 papers on the Gallery question, which was just made for me. Could have wrote so much more but there's a horrible lack of time in that test :(

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Hatred

Lawliet wrote: »
    Idealistic thinking, I'd say the ratio of dossers to interested students is about 3:1 in my class

I think it depends on if your in a lads school or girls. I'm in an all boys school and theres only 6 in the class, 1 is repeating and 2 are dossers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 147 ✭✭Areq

i wrote like 5 pages on raphael' transfiguration 'xD
    about 3-4 pages on gallery and wrote 2 pages on lunulae only ... what you guys think ? i feel ambivilent ,.... ........ :(

That's pretty much the case but most people don't know how hard it is to get a high grade in it - especially with the way the JC is laid out.
    Also I wouldn't necessarily say copying requires ability IMO. I know loads of people who can copying pictures (no tracing, looking and copying) but give them something without pictures and they suddenly go from talented to talentless. You see it loads in life drawing/still lifes. :) just my thought though.

and just occoured to me..Manet's painting had a cat..damnit.

EDIT "I think it depends on if your in a lads school or girls. I'm in an all boys school and theres only 6 in the class, 1 is repeating and 2 are dossers."
    I think that has a lot to do with it too. Out of a class of 17 I'd say..5 of us have a main interest haha.

Areq wrote: »
    i wrote like 5 pages on raphael' transfiguration 'xD
    about 3-4 pages on gallery and wrote 2 pages on lunulae only ... what you guys think ? i feel ambivilent ,.... ........ :(

but i made up the small gallery , will i get away with it ?:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 43 loocas

Orlaladuck wrote: »
    and just occoured to me..Manet's painting had a cat..damnit.

I practically cheated on that one :P Used Manet's Le Dejeuner sur l'Herbe because of the almost unnoticeable Frog in the corner and bird in the tip top centre.

http://www.dl.ket.org/humanities/connections/class/more/images/dejeuner.jpg

loocas wrote: »
    I practically cheated on that one :P Used Manet's Le Dejeuner sur l'Herbe because of the almost unnoticeable Frog in the corner and bird in the tip top centre.

http://www.dl.ket.org/humanities/connections/class/more/images/dejeuner.jpg

..You GENIUS. That's fantastic :L

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭FredBaby!

Um...I'm not sure...I think they check. But if the name of your gallery didnt look too suspicious, you might get away with it!

loocas wrote: »
    Reeeeeeeeeaaaaaally not helping your case that Art students aren't whiny tossers :P

:(

That wasnt the argument actually :)
    It was that their not goths emos and freaks who are going to slit there wrists now cause newgrange didnt come up

Theres a difference between a whiny tosser and a freak that cuts their wrists dont you think?

And theres nothing wrong with a bit of moaning anywayss.. this site basically runs off people that moan.. moaning is just bascially getting out your opinon :) and on the internet it cant really annoy anyone cause its there choice to read it :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 40 curlypops

i kinda did that too..
    well i said that the theatre in my town have a little exhibition area..
    i think they do but i made up all the details about it..
    like its interior and all.. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭_Chaos

was an okayish paper..had a feeling they were gonna be awkard and not put on Newgrange after the Boland incident..
    nevertheless i still got caught out..managed 5 pages on the book of kells, but the illustrations were horrible, only around 3 or 4, and they were of a horrible standard, didnt know what i was drawing for sure atall....

was so happy when romanesque came up tho,had that learned really well, 5pages and like 8 illustrations! was really happy with that:)

then the gallery question was sound, our art teacher mentioned we could be asked to compare and contrast a big gallery and small gallery, so i did the Hugh Lane (fitted in nicely with the Francis Bacon question too) and a small gallery in town, tops of 20 works of art, but hey! got a good few illustrations on this too, think it was 6 or 7..

really hope i did well in the paper, wrote a total of 15 pages..
    my art teacher said they shouldnt be able to take any marks off me for my practicle work, and if i do well in my art hist i could get an A...
    Fingers crossed!!:D

FredBaby! wrote: »
    Um...I'm not sure...I think they check. But if the name of your gallery didnt look too suspicious, you might get away with it!

i wrote that its gallery on small scalle that is a part of nyp , how about that ? It means Youth project small gallery ! so what ya think ?:confused::confused::confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 829 ✭✭✭zam

Me too... :P Sure no harm...

• Registered Users Posts: 32 GrandmaBasil

Newgrange ya s***! Where were yooooou? :$

and
    Is 1 and a half pages ok for an Art Appreciation question?

Newgrange ya s***! Where were yooooou? :$

and
    Is 1 and a half pages ok for an Art Appreciation question?

i think it should be at last 3 with one of 'illustrarions' :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭_Chaos

i think it should be at last 3 with one of 'illustrarions' :pac:

yeah i done 4 and could still have wrote another page or so if i hadnt run out of time:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 87 ✭✭validusername

It was horrible! Totally relied on Newgrange! The appreciation questions were horrible too, did the one about fashion and sportswear. 3 pages of waffle!

i wrote that its gallery on small scalle that is a part of nyp , how about that ? It means Youth project small gallery ! so what ya think ?:confused::confused::confused:

anyone ?:pac::pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 98 ✭✭ChiefBrody

Yeah, you probably will. I made up an exhibition last year and said it was in the Guggenheim NY, I learned stuff about Monet's style and Renoir came up so I just slotted it in for Renoir anyways. I'm pretty sure they don't check, maybe if it sounds really suspicious...

Couldn't use my exhibition this year because of the question, did Banksy. And f**k you Newgrange you dirty rotten c**t. :)

Advertisement