Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cheap team jerseys/shorts is there a catch ?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,481 ✭✭✭Morgan

I don't think there's a catch. If you buy a €7 pair of bib-shorts you should have a fairly accurate idea of what you'll get.

• Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭Poncherello

Thats really helpful.
    Fair play to ya

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,991 ✭✭✭el tel

If the $9 actually results in items of cycling clothing I'd bet my bottom $1 that it is utter crap fake tat.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,481 ✭✭✭Morgan

Thats really helpful.
    Fair play to ya

Do you need it spelled out?

These knock-offs will be sub-Lidl quality. You can expect: random sizing, poor stitching, flimsy thin fabric, poor chamois and short life-span.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭anoble66

The only catch will be your b@lls and a$$hole on the saddle after wearing them :D Seriously, dont bother.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 195 ✭✭DaveR1

These posters don't know what they are talking about. They have never bought from china-ebay before.
    I have bought cycling cloths from e-bay before. The catch for the item you have posted is the shipping. Twice the price of the shorts???
    Below are links to the sellers I have bought from previously. I AM NOT PROMOTING THESE SELLERS, JUST SAYING I HAVE BOUGHT FROM THEM AND AM VERY HAPPY WITH THE QUALITY. Always arrives in 2weeks and always comes in the size I ask for. From china you might be advised to order 1size bigger, people are a little smaller over there, though I normally just get my normal size (cycling cloths are ment to be tight). I will happily wear these on a 3-4 hour cycle and have never had comfort issues etc. Quality is actually good and compared to the products in bike shops, you would be doing well to actually point out the differences. They are well worth what you pay. Other cycling cloths are just a rip off!!!
    http://myworld.ebay.ie/jenny_shop88/
    http://myworld.ebay.ie/linkun330a/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

I am not sure the quality will be terrible. I bough football jerseys off jomzajung (anyone that reads the football forum should know it) for €10 compared to €60 in Elverys, identical to the geniune ones. Same deal, they come from Thailand/China. They are most likely coming from the same factory.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,169 ✭✭✭✭ED E

mloc123 wrote: »
    I am not sure the quality will be terrible. I bough football jerseys off jomzajung (anyone that reads the football forum should know it) for €10 compared to €60 in Elverys, identical to the geniune ones. Same deal, they come from Thailand/China. They are most likely coming from the same factory.

Thats diff though TBH. Jerseys like that are pure aesthetic, there is no quality requirement on them, bib shorts have to hold up to actual use on the other hand. They should be €5 here but you're paying Rob Greene's wages.

I've bought cheap clothing for another sport from china and there is a certain threshold that you have to reach for it to actually be a bargain. €7 is too low I'd wager.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

anyway, its probably worth chancing a tenner to see what they are like

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 429 ✭✭zindicato

first time poster here

my two cents on this is 80 percent of the time all of the stuff you buy are actually produced cheap in asiaare sent over here and afterwards stitched with made in france or usa or italy labels then you get to pay the full whack price for em.... and some of them actually come from the same factories as the so called '' original ones''.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭nosedive

As I was reading this post I was thinking about where most of the stuff we buy is made anyway. It's only when it's packaged and branded the costs we are all familiar with seem to be added.

Worth a punt at those prices as far as I'm concerned. Would be nice to hear back from you if you do decide to go this route and tell us all how it worked out re quality and sizing.

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭cormpat

I've bought cheap gear from China in the past, generally the jerseys are fine, I bought a T-Mobile jersey for €20 & my mate bought the real one for €60 & apart from the zipper there was no difference.

The bib shorts, however are crap! The chamois are all stitched together which would be a disaster for saddle sores. My advice, buy the cheap jerseys from China & buy the real shorts from some where else...

cormpat wrote: »
    I've bought cheap gear from China in the past, generally the jerseys are fine, I bought a T-Mobile jersey for €20 & my mate bought the real one for €60 & apart from the zipper there was no difference.

The bib shorts, however are crap! The chamois are all stitched together which would be a disaster for saddle sores. My advice, buy the cheap jerseys from China & buy the real shorts from some where else...

+1 You have to consider the different anatomical locations of shorts and jerseys. Saddle sores are no fun.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,393 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

I bought Chinese gear recently off a another boardsie. Quality wise it's fine but it does have slight imperfections but you'd never notice it on the bike. Chamois quality is great.

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

I have a knock off football jersey. It feels like it is made from crepe paper, fits horribly. I never wear it.

Like Morgan says, if you want high tech fabrics, good finish and a proper fit, buy the real kit.

If however, you just want prokit for the cheapest price you can get, buy the knock off stuff, just don't kid yourself into thinking it's as good as the real thing or "made in the same factory".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 139 ✭✭gerardduff

This site claims to sell genuine kit, UK based and the best price I've seen.

Has anyone bought from this site?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,390 ✭✭✭IM0

DirkVoodoo wrote: »
    I have a knock off football jersey. It feels like it is made from crepe paper, fits horribly. I never wear it.

Like Morgan says, if you want high tech fabrics, good finish and a proper fit, buy the real kit.
    Well I have had the chance to touch a top of the line in use pro jersey [Yellow jersey of TDF] courtesy of a certain LA on his was past me rolling out on a steg of the TDF from Bourg d'oisans a few years+ ago, and can tell you that one thing which really hit me about it was the jersey felt like crepe paper, it was horrible! - I just patted his back on the way past the barriers for split second but it was enough to get a propper feel of THE malliot jaunne of le tour and as I said it was like crepe paper! :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭abcdggs

me@ucd wrote: »
    Well I have had the chance to touch a top of the line in use pro jersey [Yellow jersey of TDF] courtesy of a certain LA on his was past me rolling out on a steg of the TDF from Bourg d'oisans a few years+ ago, and can tell you that one thing which really hit me about it was the jersey felt like crepe paper, it was horrible! - I just patted his back on the way past the barriers for split second but it was enough to get a propper feel of THE malliot jaunne of le tour and as I said it was like crepe paper! :pac:
    are the winners jerseys not usually customised for the specific rider that wins them? ie with sponsors and such
    A28.jpg
    they may not be as high quality as the specific team ones as they need to be printed on quickly.

Advertisement