Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New phone recommendation?

Options
  • 17-06-2010 4:24pm

I have an old Sony k550im on o2 only for the iMail. Since that's been stopped in August I've been thinking about getting a new phone and changing network if need be. Can anyone help me? The thing is I don't make many calls. I'd love to get push email like I do with iMail. GPS and an improved camera would be nice. I don't know about surfing as I've never had a phone capable of it. I'm not too sure what 3G even is to be honest.

Can anyone give me any suggestions please? It was a very helpful poster on this forum that recommended the iMode/iMail to me all those years ago! :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,030 ✭✭✭angel01

You might want to add the below in order for people to help best they can:
    • What features are important to you in a phone? (i.e. camera, gps, FM radio, Stereo Bluetooth)
    • Form factor - i.e. touchscreen, slider, flip phone, etc.
    • Internet - is 3G/mobile internet important, or WiFi/EDGE
    • Operator - have you an operator preference
    • Pre-pay/Bill-pay/SIM-Free - have you a preference for either
    • Price range

angel01 wrote: »
    You might want to add the below in order for people to help best they can:
    • What features are important to you in a phone? (i.e. camera, gps, FM radio, Stereo Bluetooth)
    • Form factor - i.e. touchscreen, slider, flip phone, etc.
    • Internet - is 3G/mobile internet important, or WiFi/EDGE
    • Operator - have you an operator preference
    • Pre-pay/Bill-pay/SIM-Free - have you a preference for either
    • Price range

Features: Camera, GPS
    Form Factor: Any
    Internet: Not important
    Operator: No preference
    Pre-Pay: Yes
    Price Range: Anything up to €200

The most important thing is getting my email. Push email is the one I think it's called.

Advertisement