Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DCG predictions

• 17-06-2010 4:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 29

Here are my predictions.
    Section A (short questions)
    Interpenetration
    axonametric
    solids in contact
    scew lines

Secion B (core)
    Planes
    Perspective
    interpenetration

Section C
    Geologic geometry - roads and mining qs (dip strike thickness)
    Structural forms - hyperbolic parabolied or hyperbolied of revolution

Did not do assemblies or the other topics but these are what I think and hope will come up.;)
    Any other thoughts?:D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭UpTheSlashers

Section C is the same every year i think. Id be happy with that section B if it came up

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭gant0

I'm hoping for a soft section A and then interpentration and dihedral angle for section B and then dynamic mechansims and assemblies for section C....looking for atleast a B1 overall!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 GAAmadd

Dihedral angle????? What question is that?

Intersecting planes but I t can come up in a few other sections two.It's like the angle made between two objects in contact.

• Registered Users Posts: 814 ✭✭✭JerCotter7

Section C is the same every year i think. Id be happy with that section B if it came up

Every section has been the same every year so far. Since it's the second year and all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,900 ✭✭✭Eire-Dearg

No point taking predictions as Gospel in a one-year old course.

gant0 wrote: »
    Intersecting planes but I t can come up in a few other sections two.It's like the angle made between two objects in contact.
    Oh ya you mean planes question. Yes it is practically a cert to come up. Our teacher is meeting with us later for a few hours so will see then:D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 119 ✭✭CantStandMeNow

GAAmadd wrote: »
    Oh ya you mean planes question. Yes it is practically a cert to come up. Our teacher is meeting with us later for a few hours so will see then:D

Its not practically a cert.. At all.. Its no more likely to come up then solids in contact, interpenetration, axonometric, perspective etc..

• Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭Cormac2791

whats interpenetration again?? :O

Its not practically a cert.. At all.. Its no more likely to come up then solids in contact, interpenetration, axonometric, perspective etc..
    Its coming up. You heard it here first:D:p

• Advertisement

whats interpenetration again?? :O

The two solids going through each other.. you have to draw their plan and elevation of the intersections.. and usually an auxilary unless you use sections!

• Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭Cormac2791

The two solids going through each other.. you have to draw their plan and elevation of the intersections.. and usually an auxilary unless you use sections!

ah yes! cheers!

GAAmadd wrote: »
    Its coming up. You heard it here first:D:p

:P I hope so but I wouldn't put my house on it :L

I know for sure interpenetration and assemblies WILL be up.An the assemblies this year is set to be a dodle because it was so poorly attempted last year:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 338 ✭✭ajjmk

I think the hardest part of the assembly is figuring out how it goes together in the first place! Once I have that, I'm sound!

JerCotter7 wrote: »
    Every section has been the same every year so far. Since it's the second year and all.

I'm fairly sure the five options are supposed to come up every year. The teacher decides which two options are being studied, they will come and you do them. They are the same on very sample paper. Our teacher only thaught us two options and were supposed to do two so it'd be pretty stupid if they aren't a million per cent guaranteed to come up
    I'm only talkin about section C by the way

I'm fairly sure the five options are supposed to come up every year. The teacher decides which two options are being studied, they will come and you do them. They are the same on very sample paper. Our teacher only thaught us two options and were supposed to do two so it'd be pretty stupid if they aren't a million per cent guaranteed to come up

Yeah section C is ALWAYS the same.. B and A vary though!

• Registered Users Posts: 11 gingerbreadman1

lads its a sad evening before the exam when most of the people on this dont know the layout of the paper...not this guy...he knows what he's on about but the rest of yee thinking section c varies and all that!!:P...is it too late to start studying now?...what should i study???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Conor108

Guys on assemblies, how do you get the fillets right? Haven't a clue, thinking something like bisect the angle and.....well it makes sense in my head:D I know its only 3ish marks but I'd rather get them!

Also whats the format for the hatching? 45 degrees for the first component, skip the next and then 45 degrees the other way?? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Fete

Not too late to study but to be honest, it will be very hard to grasp a good understanding of things in this short time. Depends on how good you are though.
    Second year though so it may be marked easy. I know it was last year. I messed up every question and got a C1...

• Advertisement

lads its a sad evening before the exam when most of the people on this dont know the layout of the paper...not this guy...he knows what he's on about but the rest of yee thinking section c varies and all that!!:P...is it too late to start studying now?...what should i study???
    Look through your papers tonight and order the questions in order of which your best at, do three of four questions in the morning in the order of best first and worst last. Do the same in the exam, and remember, dont spend more than 10 minutes on a short q or 30 mins on a long q. and if your stuck on a q dont waste time trying to figure it out, move on and come back to it.

Conor108 wrote: »
    Guys on assemblies, how do you get the fillets right? Haven't a clue, thinking something like bisect the angle and.....well it makes sense in my head:D I know its only 3ish marks but I'd rather get them!

Also whats the format for the hatching? 45 degrees for the first component, skip the next and then 45 degrees the other way?? Thanks
    I'd advise you to get a cicle stencile set before the exam tomorrow.It's those yokes that have loads of circles in various sizes.You just pick the right length for the fillet and your away in a hat.It's really the only way of doing it as doing it with your compass would take forever and they wouldn't be heavy enough.For the assemblies I usually alter the direction and spacing between the lines for every section that is cut.Hope this helps and good luck tomorrow everyone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 Mescaline

I knew nothing at all ontil about 2.5 hours ago... as i didnt go too the normal class ever.. apart from spending everyminute in it during the project part. and all week i have been dreading learning anything as i didnt know were to start.

Well i just want to say for those of you who were like me or just only know a little bit.. its not to late.

The book that i was told and thought was pointless and been hidden away (Graphics in design & Communication 2) explains everything so well. and i now know how to contruct hyperboloids, hyperbolic paraboloid. Loci Curves. and all that geologic geometry ( Cut, fill, strike, dip, outcrop ect ) planes interecting ( dilhedral angle ).

So im just saying if you know nothing.. The above is so easy to understand i wish i had of started sooner.. i suggest in the morning you do it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 49 ThePower180

Mescaline wrote: »
    I knew nothing at all ontil about 2.5 hours ago... as i didnt go too the normal class ever.. apart from spending everyminute in it during the project part. and all week i have been dreading learning anything as i didnt know were to start.

Well i just want to say for those of you who were like me or just only know a little bit.. its not to late.

The book that i was told and thought was pointless and been hidden away (Graphics in design & Communication 2) explains everything so well. and i now know how to contruct hyperboloids, hyperbolic paraboloid. Loci Curves. and all that geologic geometry ( Cut, fill, strike, dip, outcrop ect ) planes interecting ( dilhedral angle ).

So im just saying if you know nothing.. The above is so easy to understand i wish i had of started sooner.. i suggest in the morning you do it :)

I'm going to try and get up in the morning early and go through a few questions to refresh everything! I'm like yourself and didn't do much all year! Big mistake now though!... :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Conor108

Right I'll be back on after the exam so good luck everyone. This will be dreadful.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,900 ✭✭✭Eire-Dearg

This is the most nervous I've been before an exam. And I don't get nervous. :(

A sign that I'll do crap.

Eire-Dearg wrote: »
    This is the most nervous I've been before an exam. And I don't get nervous. :(

A sign that I'll do crap.

I'm the oppoite.This has been the least bervous I've been for one of my top 6 subjcts.Hope it goes well,did a good bit of study today and yesterdy and will do more tomorrow.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 11 gingerbreadman1

anyone else have german in the morning aswell??...im b****ed:'(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 kershaw93

Conor108 wrote: »

if you use a circle template thier perfect. easons sell them for like 2€ and it saves a **** load of time

• Advertisement
Advertisement