Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best bar staff in Galway?

Options
  • 17-06-2010 5:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭

Hey folks,

Just wondering who people think are the best bar staff in galway? Im go out a good bit around the city and have noticed that there is a lack of decent bar staff in the city. Anyone has any experiences of great bar staff around the city?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

I'd say that the Roisin barkeeps are the best.
    Also the guys in Salt house and Blue Note, particularly the tiny girl, are good.

If we can keep from slagging people and businesses, that be great thx

• Registered Users Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭McTigs

blue note staff are excellent.

No matter how hungover, no matter how sleep deprived

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kraggy

I find the best staff to be in places like the crane, tigh coili etc.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

I like the staff in 903 myself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

Hey folks,

Just wondering who people think are the best bar staff in galway? Im go out a good bit around the city and have noticed that there is a lack of decent bar staff in the city. Anyone has any experiences of great bar staff around the city?

You still working for Cuba/bar 903?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8 BoogieBill

The Crane is solid and Bar No 8 are sharp enough but by far the best in Galway is OConnells.Never waiting long no matter how busy it gets and first class Guinness.

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭Wexler12

Staff in Coyotes are great

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭[-0-]

The chick in the Salthouse is gorgeous!

This thread is not for bad staff, only good. I have removed the slagging posts.
    I've also given short bans to emphasise that slagging people and establishments isn't a good thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭tonyhiggins

Pointless thread if you can't talk about the bad side too.

I like Salthouse and Bierhaus.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,371 ✭✭✭Fuinseog

Hey folks,

what do you mean by the best bar staff? differnet peopel look for different things. as one poster pointed out it is pointless if you cannot criticise.
    they can hardly sue you if you say service is bad in such and such a place.

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭tonyhiggins

Fuinseog wrote: »
    what do you mean by the best bar staff? differnet peopel look for different things. as one poster pointed out it is pointless if you cannot criticise.
    they can hardly sue you if you say service is bad in such and such a place.

The thread got moderated to be like this. He had originally asked for best and worst. There's also a slight thing about the guy "formerly" working for Cuba that makes the thread a little odd to me.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

Just coming back in before the lock ( again :( )

The reason I changed the scope of the thread is the many posters that just give out about people and businesses not thinking/caring about how it affects the persons they give out about. We've had threads before that totally derailed because posts like "avoid XXX like the plague" without even explaining themselves.

If you don't like the staff in a premises then don't go back/tell the manager. If you do like a premises let boards know.
    Just because a bartender treated you bad once they might not treat others bad. Whereas good bar staff usually treat everyone good.

biko wrote: »
    The reason I changed the scope of the thread is the many posters that just give out about people and businesses not thinking/caring about how it affects the persons they give out about. We've had threads before that totally derailed because posts like "avoid XXX like the plague" without even explaining themselves. .

Then let us complain so that they know that something is wrong and that the owners may be able to do something to change it.

Then let us complain so that they know that something is wrong and that the owners may be able to do something to change it.
    Feel free to ring or speak to the manager if you have complaint about a business, no-one is trying to deprive you of that right.
    What I'm not allowing is for anonymous posters giving out about a place of business here in this forum. Do you really think this way is better than speaking to the manager?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,371 ✭✭✭Fuinseog

Feel free to ring or speak to the manager if you have complaint about a business, no-one is trying to deprive you of that right.
    What I'm not allowing is for anonymous posters giving out about a place of business here in this forum. Do you really think this way is better than speaking to the manager?

there is nothing wrong with a civilised debate. joe duffy would invite the manager to air his views. you can complain directly to the manager. unfortunately they very often do not care and that is a problem.bz the same token that chap who writes for the advertiser Bia Devil should not criticise.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,155 ✭✭✭PopeBuckfastXVI

Boards.ie isn't liveline, and it isn't a review site. If you have bad service somewhere review it elsewhere, contact the management or vote with your feet and go elsewhere. This whole thread is pretty pointless as everyone will be subjective and have different experiences, but as an exercise in 'feelgood' then I guess it serves a certain purpose.

If you want to post or read in depth reviews or criticisms of random Galway businesses, this ain't the place, also, please bear in mind there's no such thing as free speech on boards.ie.

/moderation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 837 ✭✭✭Beetlebum

I think the staff in the Salt House are excellent. They are really friendly and they
    know their beer. I always have great banter in there with the bar staff.

The Blue Note staff are sound too but I'm mates with one of them so may be bias!

The staff in Neachtains are great and the Guinness is second to none. Two of the guys are hot too which is nice:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Javajunkie

I'd personally say tommy in cuba and the blonde girl upstairs in the rosin are my favorites.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭magicface1

has to be hughes bar woodquay.

I was in Salt house the other night and inquired about the Oyster stout. Your man gave me a free glass to try it out :) Wasn't as good as Guinness though :(

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

I was in Salt house the other night and inquired about the Oyster stout. Your man gave me a free glass to try it out :) Wasn't as good as Guinness though :(

Get the boat biko!

Porter House Oyster Stout is so much nicer than Guinness.
    And I fecking love guinness!

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭chuky_r_law

has to be jim byrne in the central bar. jim has had the lease on a number of pubs in galway (PJs in salthill, mcguires, kelahans) and has always managed to turn around the fortunes of all of them before the owners took the lease back off him. he's a bit old school. likes to play cards at the end of the counter so ya might be waiting for your pint but a real gentleman. not sure how he is getting on in the central but i wish him well

• Closed Accounts Posts: 362 ✭✭Mr.Mister

Can i just clarify,i was not 'slagging' of the bar or it's staff. I found myself ina situation with another customer that had us helping a poor chap in a situation and no one else helped. I didn't complain about the pint or the price. And the service in there was good.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭TheCosmicFrog

The staff in the Salt House, can't beat them for efficiency and friendliness. Great knowledge of beers too!

Róisín staff are good too, as are The King's Head.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 smack my twitch up

Without a doubt its got to be garavans best pub in galway and as for the lad who plays the banjo... magic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,228 ✭✭✭epgc3fyqirnbsx

Haven't lived in Galway for a couple of years but the Tigh Ceoli staff were always excellent. You might not go in for a couple of months but they'd know you, and if you were there too long, well they'd bring you down a plate of sandwiches. Thats a good bar, where you're known and given soakage.

Kings Head (whatever anyone may thing) can be great when you know the staff, generally there's not much longterm so it's all having the craic, afterhours and shennaigans

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭Starie1975

I'm going to call into Taffee's after work go get a pint of John Joe and if I'm luckly he might give me a tip for the ponies too.:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭Eman Resu

Starie1975 wrote: »
    I'm going to call into Taffee's after work go get a pint of John Joe and if I'm luckly he might give me a tip for the ponies too.:D
    Hope to God you meant off not of ...

Advertisement