Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Economics HL

• 17-06-2010 5:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

Any tips or hints about anythin comin up??/

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭Finical

Looking for same...:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Bob the Builder

Oligopoly anyway for starters.... But after that. know your economists contributions to economics for your short answers and repeat, repeat, repeat your Section A in economics for the next few days...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

Well question 1 will be on like demand/supply and/or elasticity. If we're lucky, the 1st 2 questions will be on these topics. Know the consumer stuff too. 3 should be market structures, more than likely Oligopoly, 4 will be factors of production. Its a easy enough paper. Know that stuff, another topic. And go over the short questions. You need to do well in them. And remember with the SQ's, do the last 4, and 2 from the rest, as the last 4 carry more marks.

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭Cipango

And go over the short questions. You need to do well in them. And remember with the SQ's, do the last 4, and 2 from the rest, as the last 4 carry more marks.

The last few SQ's are worth and extra percent. Not much but when it brings you from 84 to 85....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 147 ✭✭Areq

Oligopoly anyway for starters.... But after that. know your economists contributions to economics for your short answers and repeat, repeat, repeat your Section A in economics for the next few days...

what if ill study just night before ? actually would it possible to pass higher paper if i knw oligopoly . with one day of studing ? what should i study xd i have to do higher to stick it into my teachers arss , since she wouldn't let me do it .. ! give us some tips or anything ... im gonna do it anyway with or without studing . :D :cool: :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Bob the Builder

Areq wrote: »
    what if ill study just night before ? actually would it possible to pass higher paper if i knw oligopoly . with one day of studing ? what should i study xd i have to do higher to stick it into my teachers arss , since she wouldn't let me do it .. ! give us some tips or anything ... im gonna do it anyway with or without studing . :D :cool: :D

Nah, do a full day's study at least. Practise all your Section A's. ractise Oligopoly as a market structure, but look at the others as well. And then spend three hours on the CSO website and read the Sunday newspapers (Sunday Biz Post and Sunday Indo) - I failed every class test in the two years at school, never done a day's study, but spent the day before the exam studying and got 54% in the mocks, and the Section A was hard. It goes to show, with a day's study, you can do well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 emchugh

q1 demand / supply.....know your factors .....etc
    q2 oligopoly.....know the market structure and kinked demand curve....be able to explain sticky prices and the mr curve relationship with demand curve...also know forms of collusion.
    q3 hopefully a full elasticity question..... know the factors affecting....and how elasticity could be used by businesses.....know the significance of the figures and what they actually mean in real life.
    q4 land hasnt come up in ages but id still concentrate more on capital and enterprise.....labour more than likely will not show up.
    q5 national income.....heavenly question tends to be very easy ......

these are not definites by any strech of the imagination but are what the trend dictates will come up.....id concentrate on these first and then learn the other topics. know elasticity very well as it is due a full question by itself !! good luck :D

Advertisement