Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Accounting HL predictions?

• 17-06-2010 6:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 169 ✭✭

Hey what you guys think is going to come up?List a few things, not just the bare minimum 2 2 1.But put them in order of likelihood to come up.

Cheers!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,271 ✭✭✭kev9100

Section 1. Company.

Section 2. Ratios, Club and Suspense.

Section 3. Cash Budget, Flexi.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭EuropeanSon

In order of probability:
    Q1- Company
    Sole Trader
    Manufacturing

Q5- Interpretation

Q6/7-Club/Service
    Suspense
    Cashflow Statement
    Tabular Statement
    Incomplete Records(Cash Book Method)

Q8-Marginal Costing

Q9-Flexible Budgeting
    Budgeting
    Cash Budgeting

• Closed Accounts Posts: 489 ✭✭JellyBeans92

Does anyone think they might do something iffy like:

NOT Put Interpetation up

Or

NO suspence/Incomplete Records question at all?!

I know it's very stupid but I have no idea of the marginal Q1 and I only know the flexible Q9?!
    (For these two sections?)
    Since I have Physics to cram for aswell, any decent suggestions on something to go learn.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭coughlan08

i dont do qusetion 1 but still easily get the A1

i know the following anyway and am very confedent of them comming up.

cashflow,suspence,ratio will be the 3 100 markers

flexible budeting,marginal costing..

depreciation,,debtors,,service will be the 60 markers.

,the only thing that could be different is a swap of the cashflow and service.but everything else is spot on,,,dont listen to any other predictions about accounting only this one,,and you should pass with flying coulours.....

mark my words...

youll thank me when you see the paper

coughlan08 wrote: »
    dont listen to any other predictions about accounting only this one,,and you should pass with flying coulours.....

mark my words...

youll thank me when you see the paper

It'll be funny if you end up eating those words on Monday evening. =P

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 169 ✭✭dacookie

Not doing Q1 btw, thanks for your predictions though!:D

Keep em comin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 8888

think they'd be mean and put up a depreciation by net book value method?

It'll be funny if you end up eating those words on Monday evening. =P
    Yep, he very well may be. I am learning the 13 topics I've specified above, and I should be covered.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭gloryutd

If Q6 is not a club, service or cash flow I will be a very, very angry person.

gloryutd wrote: »
    If Q6 is not a club, service or cash flow I will be a very, very angry person.
    What if they're in Q7? :P

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭EvilLlamaThingy

Does anyone think they might do something iffy like:

NOT Put Interpetation up

Or

NO suspence/Incomplete Records question at all?!.

According to my accounting teacher they've been bluffing for years that they can change interpretation anytime they want without notice. I highly highly doubt they will they.

Suspense and incomplete records mightn't come up though. Incomplete records probably won't actually.

• Registered Users Posts: 49 ThePower180

According to my accounting teacher they've been bluffing for years that they can change interpretation anytime they want without notice. I highly highly doubt they will they.

Suspense and incomplete records mightn't come up though. Incomplete records probably won't actually.

I think that Q's 8 could be Marginal Coating with a Flexible Budget as a part (b) to it!.. Well thats what my teacher thinks anyway!

I'm praying that club accounts come up! :)

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

I really don't know why everybody is predicting suspense - it isn't even due up as a 100m, it came up in 2008 for crying out loud. Just because it was on the DEB pre doesn't make it likely, it just means some uninvolved, profit-driven company that produces 'mock' papers put it on.

• Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭Cian92

I really don't know why everybody is predicting suspense - it isn't even due up as a 100m, it came up in 2008 for crying out loud. Just because it was on the DEB pre doesn't make it likely, it just means some uninvolved, profit-driven company that produces 'mock' papers put it on.

It has been on every second year since 1996, was last on in 08. Seems like a fairly regular pattern.

It's come up pretty regularly every other year, with 1 exception, for ages, and it's one of the worst answered questions, so it's given often.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

Cian92 wrote: »
    It has been on every second year since 1996, was last on in 08. Seems like a fairly regular pattern.
    It's come up pretty regularly every other year, with 1 exception, for ages, and it's one of the worst answered questions, so it's given often.

Ah right, I didn't know that. Well now I think it's going to be there!

Suspense isn't the hardest topic at all. You have to have a good knowledge of double entry, so it doesn't suit the 'learn-off-the-template' type accounting students, and the narrations in the General Journal are a pain, but they aren't too bad. Like most questions, once you have the workings done the only skill involved is transferral!

Ah right, I didn't know that. Well now I think it's going to be there!

Suspense isn't the hardest topic at all. You have to have a good knowledge of double entry, so it doesn't suit the 'learn-off-the-template' type accounting students, and the narrations in the General Journal are a pain, but they aren't too bad. Like most questions, once you have the workings done the only skill involved is transferral!
    I'm not saying it's a guarantee, obviously, but I'd say it's more than 50/50 it'll come up. Maybe 70/30. Club/Service is similarly likely.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

There will be a surprise on this paper. Can guarantee it. All papers so far have had weird things.

I just have this really bad feeling that they're going to do something really dirty with Monday's paper..
    I'm thinking they'll pull something like a double of last year, but with the 08 Q8 Marginal Costing mixed with Flexible Budgeting as either q8 or q9?.

Don't ask why, but it's just that accounting tends to be up there with the most predictables, so if there any one exam they'll shake up it will be this one.

****These are just my opinions, I know nobody****
    involved with making the papers

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Princess3

I hope it's:

Q1. Company Accounts
    Q5. Interpretation of accounts
    Q6. Club Accounts
    Q8/9. Marginal costing or flexible budgeting

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭Cian92

SantryRed wrote: »
    There will be a surprise on this paper. Can guarantee it. All papers so far have had weird things.

You are dead right. There will be some break in pattern somewhere...

The 80 mark question is the most likely to have a twist but who knows where it will be. I also think that the 09 paper, was probarly a bit easier to make up for 08. So maybe they are ready to throw a few tricks back into the paper.

I don't think it will be too radicle a surprise though, it will still be a surprise.

Advertisement