Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bank of Ireland mortgage - €250 back on legal fees

Options
  • 17-06-2010 6:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭

We've just got our mortgage pack out. There's a special condition that if we drawdown the money by June 30th we'll get €250 back on our legal fees. This isn't going to be possible, it was only sale agreed last week and contracts haven't been issued.

Anyone know is this a long running condition with BOI - I'm going in tomorrow and I'm wondering can we push the date out to end of July...or is one supposed to be grateful for a mortgage and shut up?

Thank you.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭irishguy

furry wrote: »
    We've just got our mortgage pack out. There's a special condition that if we drawdown the money by June 30th we'll get €250 back on our legal fees. This isn't going to be possible, it was only sale agreed last week and contracts haven't been issued.

Anyone know is this a long running condition with BOI - I'm going in tomorrow and I'm wondering can we push the date out to end of July...or is one supposed to be grateful for a mortgage and shut up?

Thank you.

There is no harm in asking anyway. They might be extending the offer too you never know

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

furry wrote: »

Thank you.

Its a special offer to try to bloat their 2nd quarter lending figures. They gave an undertaking to lend X amount to the Department of Finance- and are currently short by Y amount. If someone is in the process of completing, the extra financial incentive might give them an imperative to move their draw down dates.

In general- institutions will give you a small financial incentive to use their inhouse legal team- however, this is not always advisable.

In the scale of things- EUR250 is not going to be the sort of incentive that should pressurise you one way or the other?

No harm in asking- but do keep in mind that the current offer coincides with their Q2 results......

Advertisement