Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Medal of Honour 2010 Beta client released

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Link to keys ?

Is there any way to get the Beta keys without preordering it from STEAM ?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,324 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

SeantheMan wrote: »
    Link to keys ?

Is there any way to get the Beta keys without preordering it from STEAM ?

Any pre-order gets you one, and there were some short lived giveaways about.

And Combat Testing membership of course.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,995 ✭✭✭KilOit

Not sure about this game yet it's very MW2'ish, i need some convincing

Have you played the beta ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,840 ✭✭✭Dav

I just wanted to let you all know that I've been told I'm getting a key and I'm looking into the possibility of getting a few more for Boardsies. I can't promise anything though and I'm afraid I'm definitely gonna be using the key myself :)

• Advertisement

Just bought the game, download just finished. Off to play, will be back with opinions :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Dav wrote: »
    I just wanted to let you all know that I've been told I'm getting a key and I'm looking into the possibility of getting a few more for Boardsies. I can't promise anything though and I'm afraid I'm definitely gonna be using the key myself :)

Hey Dave :D

(where's the wink/flirt smiley when you need it)

Not worth the time to be honest, way to many bugs atm

I was able to see people through rocks and walls at certain points.
    Hit boxes seems to be huge...aim and shoot in general direction
    Sniper class is awful, basically just a red dot at present - i assume you unlock distance scopes
    Your game will crash if you try to edit your controls ...seriously..happened me 3 times, then i gave up and went with default

Finally got in a game, was basically RUSH ..like in BF:BC2 , enjoyed it enough...not amazing. Then finally tried to type a message...message box came up...nothing would type....couldnt move my man as the message box was there, couldnt even go into options to disconnect. Had to ctrl+alt+del

There is potential, but atm its quite buggy, which brings the whole experience way down

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,840 ✭✭✭Dav

Kiith wrote: »
    (where's the wink/flirt smiley when you need it)
    It's probably beside the button that lets you spell check my name :p

Anyway, the Multiplayer for MoH is being done by Dice who developed BFBC2, so expect similarities.

Has everyone seen the new EA Gun Club btw? I got the press release about it at the start of the week and signed in for a look. For anyone desperate for a Beta, there's information there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

Kaidan wrote: »
    Not sure about this game yet it's very MW2'ish, i need some convincing

Its a MW clone,

I knew someone would say it, LOL :D
    Learn the history: http://ie.retro.ign.com/articles/104/1042762p1.html

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,995 ✭✭✭KilOit

PogMoThoin wrote: »
    Its a MW clone,

I knew someone would say it, LOL :D
    Learn the history: http://ie.retro.ign.com/articles/104/1042762p1.html

Didn't mention clone i said it looks mw2'ish which is the most recent fps i played other than bc2 and i don't really feel like going back to small enclosed frag fest type game, but will keep an open mind on updates and some online play when more video's will be released.

It doesnt really play like MW or BF:BC2, however I will be taking a break from it waiting for some bugs to be fixed. And there is only 1 map for each of the 2 gametypes for the Beta so it gets quite boring quickly

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

I didnt manage to play the beta but based on this video and similar ones it looks very good.

• Registered Users Posts: 913 ✭✭✭TheFairy

Got a key will have a look later. Hearing its more like COD4 than BFBC2 which cant be a bad thing.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Me wants a key :mad:

btw Fairy, read your emails :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭nevaeh-2die-4

its a battle field clone.

not liking it.

• Registered Users Posts: 913 ✭✭✭TheFairy

Dcully wrote: »
    Me wants a key :mad:

btw Fairy, read your emails :)

I do, and you keep sending the same one you senile ejit!. Some COD4 gungame tonight if you are up for it.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,605 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Dcully wrote: »
    I didnt manage to play the beta but based on this video and similar ones it looks very good.

Jaysus, I don't like coming onto a thread and trashing a game I am not likely to play, but that is so like Modern Warfare (with an after-taste of BF:BC2) it's kind of pathetic. Maybe it's just the nature of the beast - is the "War on Terror" set to become the new WW2?

It plays different to MW2, player more like BF:BC2 actually.

Also, they should have implemented Lean, and Prone controls

Advertisement