Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Urgent help for DCG please!

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,943 ✭✭✭wonderfulname

Ok I'm suddenly finding myself outraged
    The SEC has also indicated that it is hopes to issue the 2011 DCG Student Assignment Briefs in September 2010.
    If they knew from last year that the timing of the project was so ridiculous why on earth did they see no issue with putting us through it?

On a side note I'm screwed today, grr..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭johnmcdnl

no need its not in the marking scheme

is there not any marks going for neatness...

that's why we put them in for the junior wasn't it...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 xfionax

Ok I'm suddenly finding myself outraged

If they knew from last year that the timing of the project was so ridiculous why on earth did they see no issue with putting us through it?
    Awhhh thats not fair!!!! I agree with ya!:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭ajjmk

my teacher said to go into the exam hall early & ask to "inspect the paper" before the exam starts! you can then draw in your borders or whatever. borders arent compulsury, but they improve you persentation, which has marks going for it!
    I have an awful bad habit of judging my drawings wrong so they end up going off the page & I have to stick an extra bit of page to the side of my own! do you think I'll be marked down dramatically for that?

Right going through the marking scheme for the project and a wee bit of maths says I need 20% today to pass overall... god i hope i'm fit to get that or it'll be embarrassing...

• Advertisement

johnmcdnl wrote: »
    is there not any marks going for neatness...

that's why we put them in for the junior wasn't it...

the neatness required in the leaving is just neatness in actually answering the question given, it doesn't give you any marks but by being sloppy an examiner might not be able to see how you did something, and hence you might not get the deserved marks.

If you really insist on drawing borders go for it, but I wouldn't be wasting any of my 25min on a question doing that. Remember the way we were meant to write math proofs at JC level? You wouldn't do that now either.

Actually that brings up a question, is it one page per question or just whatever you can fit on the sheet? or is that the same thing?

ajjmk wrote: »
    my teacher said to go into the exam hall early & ask to "inspect the paper" before the exam starts! you can then draw in your borders or whatever. borders arent compulsury, but they improve you persentation, which has marks going for it!
    I have an awful bad habit of judging my drawings wrong so they end up going off the page & I have to stick an extra bit of page to the side of my own! do you think I'll be marked down dramatically for that?

No!! would ye people read the marking scheme!!

Hey do we need to have the wee tadpole things on the cuts and embankments on the geologic geometry question or can ya leave them out cuz i never know what way they go?!:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭Cormac2791

Chances are, I'm done in this :(

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭ajjmk

No!! would ye people read the marking scheme!!

sorry :(

• Advertisement

Actually that brings up a question, is it one page per question or just whatever you can fit on the sheet? or is that the same thing?

One page for question makes it easier to mark!...we were told to always do that!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,053 ✭✭✭WallyGUFC

xfionax wrote: »
    Hey do we need to have the wee tadpole things on the cuts and embankments on the geologic geometry question or can ya leave them out cuz i never know what way they go?!:confused:

WTF??:confused:

WallyGUFC wrote: »
    WTF??:confused:
    Ya know the things that look like tadpoles that show wheather it is a cut or an embankment! They're in the book!

• Registered Users Posts: 814 ✭✭✭JerCotter7

Ya know the things that look like tadpoles that show wheather it is a cut or an embankment! They're in the book!

Don't they try to swim up? Not tadpoles though. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭mahonykid

we call them lolipops ha ..the round part of them goes up towords the highest part of the road:p:p

One page for question makes it easier to mark!...we were told to always do that!

and get a new page for every question

don't even think of doing one on the back of a sheet.. if you mess up just get a new page but seen the "wrong one" in as well because ya never know

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭stevenfinnegan

Easy enough exam.

And turns out we didn't need masking tape!
    In my exam centre, masking tape, t squares, a rubber and a pencil were all supplied in addition to the exam paper and drawing sheets. :D:p

Advertisement