Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

good concealer

• 17-06-2010 6:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭

Hey

Im just wondering if anyone can recommend a good concealer ? ive pale skin, but my problem is i get spots on my chins and when there's no spots it always looks more red than the rest of my face. Ive no spots anywhere else. Ive been finding it hard to cover up without it looking caked on. i dont really know what type i should be using i have tryed a liquid one but found went all clumpy, im currently using a rimmel stick one ive always found this the best but not perfect.maybe i need to blend more. should i be putting it on before or after foundation.

thanks in advance :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭Michellenman

I use the studio finish one by MAC. It's a cream concealer rather than liquid or stick, so you get the best of both worlds; it doesn't cake but it still has good coverage. I have similar skin to you in that I get spots on my chin but nowhere else and I find this brilliant. It covers pretty much everything without looking heavy or obvious.

I always put concealer on after foundation if I'm using foundation. Just because I find that if I put it on before then the action of applying foundation wipes away the hard work I've put in to covering up the area already. Also, you never know what your foundation will cover so you're best to see how much coverage that gives before applying concealer and maybe you won't have to use too much after all.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,441 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

Bo-ing by Benefit is great, I couldn't live without it.. it's industrial strength, covers anything but doesn't look trowelled on.. Comes in 3 shades, I'd say you'd be a No.1 being pale.

Also Aldi have a great concealer pen, I bought one a while back after reading a recommendation in here.. Have to say it's just as good as Touche Eclate for under the eyes and highlighting.. Think it's a bout €3.50, can't go wrong :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭E.T.

I use Bare Minerals foundation and they do a concealer brush that you just put the concealer on with - it's the best I've ever used. I've a small red birthmark that it covers (when I bother covering it) and it's great for covering spots. It seems to stay on way better than any stick/liquid concealer I used before.

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭applesock

hi girls

thanks so so much for the reply's. My skin is pretty clear at the moment but like i said the redness on my chin still needs concealer, i had a moment in work i looked in the mirror and was like oh dear god what has happened my face.concealer/ make up just looked so wrong don't no if it was seeing it in different light hehe.

Im heading into town tomorrow so think il go to a few of the make up counters of the places you's have recommended and see what they say. I never really go to them because im embarrassed to go up when i have a break out :mad:.

wouldnt mind finding something that would even out my skin tone and reduce that redness :)
    thanks so much xx

hey girls

just a little up date , i decided to go for Bo-ing by Benefit, i got a little pack that comes with a face primer , to shades of concealer and eyeshadow primer stuff. it comes in a set its really nice & the girl at the counter so nice, i went to debehams for it. It was 39e so though id try it. i also got loreal true match minerals foundation and concealer , i though i'd try them both :)
    also at the benefit counter she said i could come back and get a my make up done :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,952 ✭✭✭magneticimpulse

xzanti wrote: »
    Bo-ing by Benefit is great, I couldn't live without it.. it's industrial strength, covers anything but doesn't look trowelled on.. Comes in 3 shades, I'd say you'd be a No.1 being pale.

Also Aldi have a great concealer pen, I bought one a while back after reading a recommendation in here.. Have to say it's just as good as Touche Eclate for under the eyes and highlighting.. Think it's a bout €3.50, can't go wrong :cool:

i find boi-ing is not great and for me it slides around my face. ive heard lots of people on youtube say the same. they say erase paste is better but ive never tried it. i would never buy boi-ing again. apparently it only works on very dry skin

from youtube guru's bobbi brown concealer seems to get good reviews and i will be trying that next.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,088 ✭✭✭NoDice

Hi Applesocks,

Hope you found a concealer that you're happy with.

If not, I just thought I'd post cause I have exactly the same problem.

I was buying lancome make up which was really light, had average coverage but made my skin break out in spots alot.

Changed to Coco Chanel which had better coverage and some lovely shades for paler skin.

However my buddy was killing me for spending so much on make up when it makes my skin break out anyway. She advised me to change to a pan stick base, for some reason I had a bad impression about pan sticks but swear by it now.

I get the Mabelline one (had a fantastically natural pale one for the winter and now that I've a tan from the lovely sun I was amazed to find the shades matched perfectly to my skin tone) and apply it with a foundation brush so that its even and I'm not putting on too much.

The coverage is amazing, look like I've perfect skin and I'm not even wearing that much make up! I haven't had a single spot in four months (been using it for that long now) and the best part is (better than having clear skin again!!) it's only 8euro. Bargain. Covers up the red marks for bad skin perfectly. :)

Hope you find one that suits you of course. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 603 ✭✭✭BeatNikDub

I use the studio finish one by MAC. It's a cream concealer

I use this too. Its bloody fantastic. For EVERYTHING

hi NoDice , ive never heard of pan stick base ... although it does sounds amazing :) i cant really afford to be spending alot on make up. im going to try the maybeline you recommend and see what it does for my skin :) hehe hope has the same effect on me as did on you :)

ref benefit , the girl on the counter was wearing it and look lovely then again their make up is always perfect. i hope it doesnt slide of my face eek.

today i used estee lauder tinted moisteriser with the minerals concealer, it look nice & fresh.i havent used the benefit yet will let you no what its like when i try it the weekend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,088 ✭✭✭NoDice

applesock wrote: »
    hi NoDice , ive never heard of pan stick base ... although it does sounds amazing :) i cant really afford to be spending alot on make up. im going to try the maybeline you recommend and see what it does for my skin :) hehe hope has the same effect on me as did on you :)

Hey applesock. :) I'll be honest, whenever I thought of pan stick before I wasn't sure what it was and just had a bad impression of it but not sure why. I think it's meant to go under foundation for extra coverage (please correct me if I'm wrong guys! :) ) but I find too much make up affects my skin badly.

I wouldn't dream of going out without make up simply because my skin is marked pretty badly around my chin area from when I was younger and I used get the odd blemish around my period time. But since using the pan stick I swaer I haven't had a single spot. I also work in an office with crappy aircon so it can get pretty stuffy yet the make up doesn't get greasy and stays put all day.

I use a tiny bit at a time, the foundation brush helps to keep it even and doesn't apply too much. Then I just use a tiny bit of blush & some translucent powder. There are so many shades and usually boots do like three for two. Plus the last one I bought has lasted me two months so far and it looks like I haven't even touched it.

I think it's a great buy and I've a good few friends who switched from BT priced make up to the Maybelline. Check it out sure, if you don't like it it's only 8euro. :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭hollygirl08

I've tried loads of them. Found benefit to be the best. Not the one in the small pink pot but the industrial strength one in the black flatish jar. Works great for me for under eye circles and spots too. Hope it works for you.

Advertisement