Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Economics Revision List

Options
  • 17-06-2010 7:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭

If your like me and going for an A1, then your probably panicing and frantically moving from one topic to the other.

Anyway i have a list of questions made out from:
    • Demand
    • Oligopoly/Perfect Competition/Monopoly/Price Discrimination
    • National Income
    • International Trade
    • Factors of Production
    • Inflation
    • Economic growth and development.

If you would like this list just download from below. Its pretty much every qustion possible on most except for the mathematical questions (couldnt be bothered writing them out).

Also have all the definition written out so if you would like that just download them from below aswel.

If you have any notes in return id really appreciate it and just PM me for my email or something! Thanks

Plus i have a poll just to see what questions people are planning to do!

**NOTE**
    I HAVE LEFT OUT TWO DEFINITIONS IN THE ATTATCHMENT
    -TAX HARMONISATION
    -PRICE CONSTANCY

Which Question? 113 votes

Demand
    0%
    Market Structure
    21%
    Bob the BuilderSelothMachismo FanayumiInterzoneFinicalScrambled eggReillyman3fullbackFridaysWellProfessional GrieferjreanorDaveHeno92J.D.RCipangolc2010Behind you JoeyAmyMariacorolla 1991NotExactly 24 votes
    National Income
    24%
    Drag00n79Bob the BuilderSelothMachismo FanayumiInterzoneKylzer911Finicalhalpin17Scrambled eggReillyman3fullbackFridaysWellAllInOneProfessional GrieferjreanorDaveHeno92J.D.RCipangolc2010 28 votes
    Factors of Production
    19%
    Drag00n79Bob the BuilderSelothMachismo Fanblue shimmeringKylzer911halpin17Scrambled eggReillyman3fullbackFridaysWellAllInOnejreanorDaveHeno92J.D.RBehind you JoeyAmyMariaMcGarnagle92corolla 1991RyanK 22 votes
    Money/Banking/Government
    19%
    Drag00n79Bob the BuilderhighlydebasedayumiInterzoneFinicalReillyman3fullbackAllInOneProfessional GrieferjreanorDaveHeno92J.D.RCipangolc2010AmyMariaMcGarnagle92corolla 1991monaghanman10RyanK 22 votes
    International Trade
    15%
    Drag00n79Bob the BuilderhighlydebasedSelothMachismo FanKylzer911Scrambled egg3fullbackFridaysWellAllInOneDaveHeno92J.D.RxemmsxAmyMariaRyanKMonTheBiffyWayne 91 17 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Bob the Builder

International Trade
    Good attachments! Thank you for them! They will be a big help!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭FridaysWell

International Trade
    I'm looking for an A1 too, and was thinking... Usually I do 4 micro or 3 micro and 1 macro, lately though I think 2 macro and 2 micro is a good bet with maybe an extra Q if I have time. Inflation is a fairly handy Q along with National Income. banking also is pretty easy. And the micro questions are always quite simple, so I think that way would be a good bet... I dunno my opinion is all it 'tis :D

Might not even do the Oligopoly Q, its easy enough but there are better Q's
    What you guys think?

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭Cipango

Money/Banking/Government
    Might not even do the Oligopoly Q, its easy enough but there are better Q's
    What you guys think?

If its easy...do it! You may go wrong without realising in the macro and theres your A1 gone. Stick with whats easy and if you have time do a few harder questions. Just my opinion.

International Trade
    Cipango wrote: »
    If its easy...do it! You may go wrong without realising in the macro and theres your A1 gone. Stick with whats easy and if you have time do a few harder questions. Just my opinion.

But I can do another micro Question in the same time. Like it is easy, and I might end up doing it, but maybe eco will pull an Eavan Boland and not come up :D:D

Dunno, thanks to my teacher and the work I've done, I've got a huge choice of Qs... Really need time though for and extra Q...

Money/Banking/Government
    maybe eco will pull an Eavan Boland and not come up :D:D

Ive learned Perfect, Price Discriminating, Oligopoly and Monopoly just to make sure....it just seems TOO obvious!! It would either be an impossible question or mixed in my opinion. I can see the first half being perfect competition.

• Advertisement

International Trade
    Ive learned Perfect, Price Discriminating, Oligopoly and Monopoly just to make sure....it just seems TOO obvious!! It would either be an impossible question or mixed in my opinion. I can see the first half being perfect competition.
    I've done the same...
    Thats why I'm not banking on Oligopoly and looking to other Q's. Alot of macro Q's are quite handy...
    Really wish the exam was a wee bit longer, just to be comforatable, maybe get an extra Q in...
    Well I've got the next 4-5 days to look over things again, thats plenty of time for me... Eco, sure its a great subject... Really need an A1 though!

Money/Banking/Government
    I've done the same...
    Well I've got the next 4-5 days to look over things again, thats plenty of time for me... Eco, sure its a great subject... Really need an A1 though!

Lucky! I've physics and spanish before my economics...ill get no chance to look over it!

International Trade
    Lucky! I've physics and spanish before my economics...ill get no chance to look over it!
    Ah but a few hours of looking over stuff and it'll come back to ya :D

Money/Banking/Government
    I just saw there, only 3.4% got an A1 last year!

International Trade
    I just saw there, only 3.4% got an A1 last year!
    I'm gettin in ther!

One way or another.... do do do de de do:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭Finical

Money/Banking/Government
    Well what's the best way to revise for this guys? I've been working a bit but it seems after reading certain things I just get bogged down and forget and mix things up.

How do ye guys revise for it just read topics? Or do ye do exam questions?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,140 ✭✭✭ciano1

What are the chances of one of the national income questions that use the Y=C+I+G+X-m formula thingy coming up?

Thats pretty much the only part of the macro course that I know!
    I got a B2 in my mocks by only doing micro and hoping for the same in the LC

• Registered Users Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭Finical

Money/Banking/Government
    I'm totally avoiding national income, it's the worst for me. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 814 ✭✭✭NotExactly

Market Structure
    If your like me and going for an A1, then your probably panicing and frantically moving from one topic to the other.

• Demand
    • National Income
    • International Trade
    • Factors of Production
    • Inflation

If you would like this list just download from below. Its pretty much every qustion possible on most except for the mathematical questions (couldnt be bothered writing them out).

Also have all the definition written out so if you would like that just download them from below aswel.

If you have any notes in return id really appreciate it and just PM me for my email or something! Thanks

For somebody going for an A1 I find it strange that your not doing Supply,Keynes and also Imperfect Competition.

I presume you mean an A1 in honours ?:rolleyes:

Market Structure
    • Demand
    • National Income
    • International Trade
    • Factors of Production
    • Inflation

No Elasticity??? :eek:

International Trade
    NotExactly wrote: »
    No Elasticity??? :eek:
    Jeez you're right!

Ya have to do elasticity!
    And you might aswell do the whole course, for the short Q's at least!

Money/Banking/Government
    For somebody going for an A1 I find it strange that your not doing Supply,Keynes and also Imperfect Competition.

I presume you mean an A1 in honours ?:rolleyes:

Just because it's not in the list doesn't mean I don't know it! I know all my competitions, demand means the entire micro chapters from demand to elasticity of supply etc. Plus i'm currently learning my history of economics so I'm fairly secure in getting an A1....god knows I deserve it with all the work I've put in!

Money/Banking/Government
    When you open the attatchments you'll see everything is in there just under these headings!

Don't worry I'm not bein stupid by not learning elasticity...I know all about it, like it comes up every year....you'd have to be a madman to walk into your exam without knowing it!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

International Trade
    Demand/Supply, National Income, Markets and Govt. Finances etc. are my main four with FoP as a backup if any of my main ones are terrible. If Elasticity comes up as a full long question it will be the best day of my life.

Money/Banking/Government
    If Elasticity comes up as a full long question it will be the best day of my life.

Likewise!! Would be amazing!

• Advertisement

Market Structure
    Just because it's not in the list doesn't mean I don't know it! I know all my competitions, demand means the entire micro chapters from demand to elasticity of supply etc. Plus i'm currently learning my history of economics so I'm fairly secure in getting an A1....god knows I deserve it with all the work I've put in!

OK then I'm sorry I never knew that Demand means Supply & Elasticity aswell ( one chapter of micro means all of the micro:confused:) .. Oh well ya learn something every day.:D

Market Structure
    Demand/Supply, National Income, Markets and Govt. Finances etc. are my main four with FoP as a backup

You covering all of the factors of production?

Money/Banking/Government
    OK then I'm sorry I never knew that Demand means Supply & Elasticity aswell ( one chapter of micro means all of the micro:confused:) .. Oh well ya learn something every day.:D

It's kinda my teacher, she always refers to the Q1 as the demand question and so I kinda have that habit now....sorry!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

International Trade
    You covering all of the factors of production?

More or less, but with a focus on Land.

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭jreanor

Money/Banking/Government

• Demand
    • National Income
    • International Trade
    • Factors of Production
    • Inflation

You are a God amoung men

Thanks for the attachments!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 xemmsx

International Trade
    only 3.4% got an A1???!!!
    WTF??
    40% of my teachers class got an A1 last year... shes an unbelievable teacher she really made us all fall in love with the subject!

anyways she thinks that oligopoly and imperfect compition are going to come up together because they are so similar also a question on nama.. maybe a whole question:eek::eek: and also tras leaisteachas an eileamh( im not to sure what that is in english.. i think it might be "trans elasticity on demand"(if that makes sence) because i do all my subject through irish)
    :D

Money/Banking/Government
    xemmsx wrote: »
    only 3.4% got an A1???!!!
    WTF??
    40% of my teachers class got an A1 last year... shes an unbelievable teacher she really made us all fall in love with the subject!

anyways she thinks that oligopoly and imperfect compition are going to come up together because they are so similar also a question on nama.. maybe a whole question:eek::eek: and also tras leaisteachas an eileamh( im not to sure what that is in english.. i think it might be "trans elasticity on demand"(if that makes sence) because i do all my subject through irish)
    :D

Ya i know ha! Some teachers only stick to a text book and its quite hard to get A1's then becuase it doesnt deal with many topical things which can be asked on the paper! Prob the reason why so little get A1's. But i got notes on everything topical which can be asked so that will come in handy!

Market Structure
    xemmsx wrote: »

i think it might be "trans elasticity on demand"(if that makes)
    Pressures on you to get an A1 so.:p

Cross Elasticity of demand?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 176 ✭✭monaghanman10

Money/Banking/Government
    got 98 in the mocks with two hours study.my economics study for today was readin the sunday business post but ill probably get up early on wednseday 2 look over bits and pieces

• Advertisement

Market Structure
    got 98 in the mocks with two hours study.my economics study for today was readin the sunday business post but ill probably get up early on wednseday 2 look over bits and pieces

What questions did you do in the mocks?

Advertisement