Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Economics Revision List

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 176 ✭✭monaghanman10

Money/Banking/Government
    supply and demand.oligopoly.elsaticity ,national income and the inflation/nama one

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭McGarnagle92

Money/Banking/Government
    supply and demand.oligopoly.elsaticity ,national income and the inflation/nama one

can you remember what was asked inflation/nama one?
    I didn't do mocks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭FridaysWell

International Trade
    can you remember what was asked inflation/nama one?
    I didn't do mocks
    This was my Inflation/NAMA question from the mock. Did it, got 70/75. Really hope it comes up in the exam on Wednesday...

(a)
    (i) Explain what is meant by the term 'price inflation'
    (ii) Name the main index used to measure price inflation in the Irish economy
    (iii)Outline four economic consequences of a fall in the rate of price inflation in Ireland
    (30 marks)

(b)
    'The Central Bank and Financial Services Authority of Ireland plays a key economic role in the Irish economy'
    Explain the role that the Central Bank plays in the Irish economy
    (25 marks)

(c)
    In the Governments Supplementary Budget in April 2009, it announced the establishment of the National Managment Agency (NAMA)
    (i) Briefly outline the functions of NAMA
    (ii)Explain two advantages of NAMA for the Irish economy
    (20 marks)

:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭McGarnagle92

Money/Banking/Government
    This was my Inflation/NAMA question from the mock. Did it, got 70/75. Really hope it comes up in the exam on Wednesday...

(a)
    (i) Explain what is meant by the term 'price inflation'
    (ii) Name the main index used to measure price inflation in the Irish economy
    (iii)Outline four economic consequences of a fall in the rate of price inflation in Ireland
    (30 marks)

(b)
    'The Central Bank and Financial Services Authority of Ireland plays a key economic role in the Irish economy'
    Explain the role that the Central Bank plays in the Irish economy
    (25 marks)

(c)
    In the Governments Supplementary Budget in April 2009, it announced the establishment of the National Managment Agency (NAMA)
    (i) Briefly outline the functions of NAMA
    (ii)Explain two advantages of NAMA for the Irish economy
    (20 marks)

:D:D:D

Thanks very much for that.
    Hopefully it's something like that.
    I'm having a huge fear of failing right now don't know if i should do pass or not :S
    I got an E last year and i've actually done some work this year but i really can't afford to fall it :(

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭Cipango

Money/Banking/Government
    Thanks very much for that.
    Hopefully it's something like that.
    I'm having a huge fear of failing right now don't know if i should do pass or not :S
    I got an E last year and i've actually done some work this year but i really can't afford to fall it :(

Try to do the questions about the current economy as they are common sense in the end of the day.

• Advertisement
Advertisement