Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Artane?

Options
  • 17-06-2010 8:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

is artane a good place to live or is it bad?

i heard it was scummy and very dangerous, any more info? preferably first hand.
    thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭ricman

its a mature working class area, i could think of areas ten times worse.I,D REGARD it as no more dangerous than rathmines, or santry.Worse thing i have seen is people walking home from the pub ,being noisey which could happen anywhere in dublin.Most people there own their own houses or have small mortgages.AS in any area try not to buy near a pub or a nightclub.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭Oliver1985

Depends which part of Artane , the area near Artane shopping centre is nice I rented there for two years and had no problems nice big houses!!
    I would say the part down near Harmonstown Dart station is a bit of a dump and would not live there!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,005 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

is artane a good place to live or is it bad?

i heard it was scummy and very dangerous, any more info? preferably first hand.
    thanks
    I lived there for 5 years, great place to live. Has everything (except nitelife) and the the people were great. To be honest I experienced more scum in rathgar and ranelegh i would say then Artane, but i had no trouble at all in artane!
    Although i do believe motorbikes and scooters need to be tethered securely!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 335 ✭✭LeahK

I used to go to school near there and work there. Artane is a real nice area, normal people and houses.. dont know who told it was a dump to be honest.:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭ricman

Someone gave you incorrect info,its a normal settled area.theres rough areas in dublin, artane is not one of them.Well some southsiders think any area on the northside is dangerous.

• Advertisement
Advertisement