Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A nice (chicken) Sweet&Sour - What supermarket sauce?

Options
  • 17-06-2010 8:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,211 ✭✭✭✭

Hi folks,
    Going to make a sweet&sour tomorrow. Going to use fresh veg, but for convenience i'm simply going to use a supermarket sauce. Can anyone recommend any sauce (don't want one with preserved veg in it, just sauce) that I can get in Tesco/Dunnes/SuperValu etc?

Thanks in advance :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭WalterMitty

Sharwoods. I prefer uncle bens cantonese, it has some veg in it but i add lots of my own .

• Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭RebelScorned

Tesco have an offer on sharwoods pouches at the moment, three for two fifty. I picked up sweet and sour, tangy sweet and sour (delish!) and szechaun tomato- these are by far the best, better still it's just the sauce, stir it in and no creepy preserved corn and pineapple etc in it.

I guarantee you won't be disappointed!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

Marks & Spencer also do a really nice one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 207 ✭✭no scope

Make your own , its easy , equal quantities of red wine vinegar and brown sugar , finely chop some ginger and chillis , add tomatoe sauce to get the colour you want , hey presto home made sweet and sour

• Registered Users Posts: 10,211 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

Went with Sharwoods and used fresh veg, worked a treat. Thanks folks :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement