Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

alarm bells

• 17-06-2010 8:33pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭

im going to have a alarm fitted to the swift,any advise well come
    just want the doors alarmed when we are in it nothing to fancy

what did you pay and who fitted it for yous

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

cost nothing and fits itself :D (smells a bit though ...sometimes)
    https://us.v-cdn.net/6034073/uploads/attachments/38469/39942.JPG

on topic ...Lidl occassionally have these very simple magnetic contact alarms for a few bob ...considered buying them several times but for reasons above don't really think I need them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭killalanerr

we are dogless at the moment so unless we can borrow yours i will have to stick to plan A
    i seen them ok,but we a going for a fitted jobie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭*Kol*

we are dogless at the moment so unless we can borrow yours i will have to stick to plan A
    i seen them ok,but we a going for a fitted jobie

You should look at having a house type alarm fitted as most of them have a standby 6v battery, so it's feasible that a 12v house type system could be fitted to a MH. (I would decline the option of a 120db siren inside!!!)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭Aidan_M_M

DialACom in Tullamore have done a good few for us.. nice people and easy to deal with . They fit either in the workshop or on site.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 240 ✭✭Bessa

What type of Swift are you talking about

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 138 ✭✭here2surf

I am alarm-less.
    Why, where and when do MHers feel it necessary to take such measures?
    I do have CO2 and smoke alarms.
    Just never considered burglar alarms.:confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭killalanerr

its a 630,got one fitted today we went for a meta,when we are inside the van it can be set so the doors are just protected and when we are not it can be set in the normal way

here2surf as we do a fair bit of wild camping and visit some major events it just gives us piece of mind,

but when i got it back the leisure battery was completely discharged vary worrying after the drive back it was still no better ?,this may not be in any way connected to the fitting of the alarm

Advertisement