Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My Doorbell

Options
  • 17-06-2010 8:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,512 ✭✭✭

So I have these annoying neighbors that loiter outside my door a lot, (my door is right beside their door) and tend to lean up against the doorbell. At first, I kept going out and confronting them about it but they keep doing it, and it's accidental so fair enough.

I found the best solution, as I thought at the time was to take a piece of it out. The little chime piece that the bar springs against to make the sound. So I took it out, problem (kinda) solved.

So my landlord is coming soon for a routine inspection, I'm a good tenant in every way other this doorbell malarkey. I went to fix the doorbell and noticed that the little bar had sprung out of the coil in the absence of the chime that would usually hold it in place.

So I was trying to fix it, and it won't seem to push back into the coil for some reason. Does anyone know if I can fix this? Or should I just go get a new doorbell?

Any advice appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭mazthespark

just grab a new one easiest way to do it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,512 ✭✭✭Oh_Noes

Well it would probably be easier to fix it if it's fixable, which is what I want to know.

I'd have to get one to fit into the existing fixture which is mounted on the wall, painted around, etc... and it would cost money. I don't mind replacing it but f it can be fixed as it is, it's the better option.

y wont it push back into the coil is it jammed or?

Just doesn't push back in, as if the piece it fits into has moved out of place, but can't be pushed back. Simple as that really. No trick to fixing them?

generally they dont come apart they wear out and u just replace it. dunno how ud even go about fixing one

• Advertisement

Sounds fair enough, does seem a bit tight fisted to be trying to fix something of €5 value, really I just want it working and not looking any different to how it looked when I moved in. Hopefully can get something that fits in the same little 3' x 3' box that houses it.

should be able to get one take a photo of it or a model no. off it should be able to get a replacement even bring the cover of it and mite help

Advertisement