Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buying New Laptop - Good Specs?

Options
  • 17-06-2010 8:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭

Hey guys, hope all's well with yee,

I'm going looking for a new laptop in the next few days and I'm looking at getting one which will make FS2004 (which I have) and maybe even FSX look half decent and run well. I havn't got the greatest knowledge of computers but I'm no idiot either!
    I'm not looking at going completely over the top, but I certainly want an improvement on my last Advent Laptop details here

No real budget limits but as I said, not going to go too overboard! Just looking for your experienced suggestions and recommendations!

Cheers guys

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,939 ✭✭✭pclancy

Best RAM/CPU and if possible ATI or Nvidia dedicated graphics, avoid anything with shared on-board graphics, you want a decent graphics card to hack FS2004 or FSX.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭SRFC90

pclancy wrote: »
    Best RAM/CPU and if possible ATI or Nvidia dedicated graphics, avoid anything with shared on-board graphics, you want a decent graphics card to hack FS2004 or FSX.

Thanks for the reply. How much RAM and minimum ghz would you recommend sir!?

• Registered Users Posts: 39 Shaneboyle

for fs9 i would recommened fast cpu like 2.3ghz or above as it only uses 1 core

Ram depends on OS system bout 4gb would be good.

Where are you planning on buying it?

Shaneboyle wrote: »
    for fs9 i would recommened fast cpu like 2.3ghz or above as it only uses 1 core

Ram depends on OS system bout 4gb would be good.

Where are you planning on buying it?

No particular place. Was palnning on getting some sound advice on here before going out and shopping about!

Any more details or advice or certain laptops you'd recommend!?

Thanks again

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭davmigil

Best seller on Amazon. Sony with i3 and 330M graphics, should run FSX nicely.

• Advertisement

davmigil wrote: »
    Best seller on Amazon. Sony with i3 and 330M graphics, should run FSX nicely.

Anyone else think this is a good option!? Looking at buying in the next day or 2?

• Registered Users Posts: 39 Shaneboyle

Depends on your budget if fsx and you like pmdg etc. i recommend i5 or i7 4gb ram etc

Also you normally pay more for sony than other brands ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭highlydebased

That'd run FS9 with addons fine.

Advertisement