Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pizza Hut free Pizza

Options
  • 17-06-2010 9:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭

My husband just jumped with excitement over the goal against France and asked me to call for the free pizza and guess what, they didnt seem to understand what we were asking for. I explained there was promotional ads and a facebook page which issued the required promotional code. I was told to hold for the manager, put on hold repeatedly and then hung up on.

My husband then called, I was a bit annoyed at this and even though I couldnt really be bothered with it at the minute but with all the advertising I thought they should honour their offer, anyway he got through to the manager, who told him, no we are doing buy one get one free!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭Jev/N

At least you got through! I was trying multiple numbers and all were constantly engaged.

When I finally got through to one, they manager said all 350 had been sold and codes weren't being excepted which was fair enough. I said, I'm watching Mexico taking a penalty now, will there be another code for this if they get it? He said no, that was it for the day.

After the goal, another code was up. Tried to ring back again, engaged the whole time!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 870 ✭✭✭knighted_1

Get a free pizza for every goal scored against FranceWow guys what a response. All the stores were inundated with calls aswell as the website! Alot of people got their free pizzas but not everyone was able to get through.

For all those who didnt get through we have something for you too. Use the code below for a free garlic bread with your next order.

WCGS2PHDGB

lifted from face book

Terms & Conditions
    Promotion valid only in ROI.
    Free pizza must be ordered on the same day the code being generated i.e. up to midnight, for immediate delivery or advanced ordering e.g. you choose when you want your pizza delivered
    Free pizza is a 9" "Create your own" pizza with up to 4 toppings.
    A maximum of 350 free pizzas will apply to each code generated.
    Delivery charges apply unless standard minimum delivery purchase of €10 also ordered. Collection of free pizza requires no additional purchase.
    Offer can be used in conjunction with other offers and meal deals. (Click on other offers to see other deals or visit www.pizzahutdelivery.ie)
    Free pizza promotional code must be referenced when ordering. One free pizza per household per day.
    All products are subject to availability. All deals, coupons, and offers are subject to change without prior notice.
    Free pizza has no cash value. Promotion ends July 11th 2010.

all explained in the terms -

if there is 30 stores then there is about 12 "freebies" per store -not a lot really

• Registered Users Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭smelltheglove

But the Lucan store seemed to know nothing about it and said they were doing a buy one get one free.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,126 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

Couldn't get through to Killiney or Cornelscourt. What's more is that when I tried to buy online with the Killiney store, they'd removed the section where you enter the code. Found it on the Cornelscourt later, but was far too late by that stage.

From my experience and from reading about others it sounds like some individual store managers are less than impressed with this offer and are doing what they can to get out of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

From my experience and from reading about others it sounds like some individual store managers are less than impressed with this offer and are doing what they can to get out of it.

How many free pizza's could an individual store give out if there is a 350 per goal nationwide? They like the adverting generated from this but don't like to have to give out a few free pizza's? Maybe it's all the calls looking for free pizza they don't like stopping paying folks getting through, I'd imagine thats quite annoying alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭smelltheglove

calex71 wrote: »
    How many free pizza's could an individual store give out if there is a 350 per goal nationwide? They like the adverting generated from this but don't like to have to give out a few free pizza's? Maybe it's all the calls looking for free pizza they don't like stopping paying folks getting through, I'd imagine thats quite annoying alright.

Its understandable that they cant give everyone free pizzas and I think most people knew it was get in there first for it but honestly the guy who answered the phone to me told me he knew nothing of it but could offer a buy one get one free.

What annoyed me most was denial of the offer, not oh thats all sold out already, I was then put on hold with the phone picked up and put back on hold 3 times before being hung up on. Then the manager told my husband when he finally got through, no we're not doing that offer. There is no participating stores only in the terms and conditions that I saw.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

imo they should have done something like 2,010 large pizzas for maybe a fiver each, people would still have gone for it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 415 ✭✭SeanKev

There is nothing on there facebook about this offer? no codes or anything.
    South Africa is 2-0 up with about 30 minutes left?! :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

SeanKev wrote: »
    There is nothing on there facebook about this offer? no codes or anything.
    South Africa is 2-0 up with about 30 minutes left?! :mad:
    Just rang up now and they asked for a code, told them none were up on the facebook page and they didn't mind. 30 mins delivery :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 415 ✭✭SeanKev

Just rang up now and they asked for a code, told them none were up on the facebook page and they didn't mind. 30 mins delivery :pac:

I rang about 2 minutes after South Africa scored first, couldn't get through.
    South Africa scored a second time and I rang, and rang and rang.

When I finally got through, I told them there were no codes on the Facebook page, I was told "Sorry, nothing I can do" I rang again and another person told me, all free pizzas have been given.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭Jev/N

Waited till the first code was up, rang straight away and got through - karma is tasty :D

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

something like 2,010 large pizzas for maybe a fiver each
    And they still would have made a very healthy profit.

Half price is normal price for pizza, if you are paying more you are paying well over the odds. Remember the half price fish n chips a while back? queues down the road, dalkey came to a standstill with all the cars and queues since it was a GENUINE offer of half price.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

rubadub wrote: »
    And they still would have made a very healthy profit.

Half price is normal price for pizza, if you are paying more you are paying well over the odds. Remember the half price fish n chips a while back? queues down the road, dalkey came to a standstill with all the cars and queues since it was a GENUINE offer of half price.
    i also noticed those half price pizzas only have half the toppings and there is a much larger crust!

Advertisement