Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post While Watching Ultimate BB11 Minute to Minute Discussion **ENTER AT OWN RISK**

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,242 ✭✭✭mariaf24

Davina said that 95% of people tweeting to her want Ife to go. I think thats a pretty good indication!

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

This is going to be VERY interesting!

Details on tomorrow's Davina McCaw task have been confirmed by Channel 4

The fake parrot, which has been resting on a perch in the Big Brother house since the first day, will finally talk to the housemates tomorrow.

In a message from the Channel 4 press office, the character Davina McCaw said: "Later tonight, the mystical Bob Righter is going to come alive once more and deliver the housemates a cryptic message that, providing they're not a bunch of bird brains, will tell them I'm about to start chirping at them.

"Then tomorrow morning I'm going to start parroting some classic lines they've uttered since they entered the house. But whose line is it anyway?! The housemates will have to listen carefully to my repetitions and come to a unanimous agreement about who delivered those words.

"Once agreed, the housemate deemed the speaker of each phrase will pop a coin into Bob Righter. If they are correct they'll win a prize."

In a final warning, it added: "But what will I say? And what secrets might I reveal? They'll start to wish they'd watched their mouths a bit more around me. After all, parrots pick up words pretty quickly you know."

• Registered Users Posts: 14,799 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

gwan Andrew!!!
    corin ya ride

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭we'llallhavetea_old

papagormo wrote: »
    gwan Andrew!!!
    corin ya ride

corin?! jaysus... :p

anyway, bob righter has given them the message about the parrot now. looking forward to hearing who they're gonna mimic, should be interesting.

anyone see josie massaging caoimhe in the bed and flashin caoimhes boobs? quite funny actually. :D

thought ben was gonna kill corin when she turned the light on in the bedroom, he just got up and turned it off and was like "goodnight corin", he is priceless over the sleep disruptions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,264 ✭✭✭Pretty_Pistol

Ben has this weird thing when he's going asleep where his arm spasms and does a little jump and his mouth opens. It's funny to watch.

Anyone see Mario walking around naked with a towel covering just the front part of him. And what did he do - go and sit on the sofa with his bare ass! :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭we'llallhavetea_old

Ben has this weird thing when he's going asleep where his arm spasms and does a little jump and his mouth opens. It's funny to watch.

Anyone see Mario walking around naked with a towel covering just the front part of him. And what did he do - go and sit on the sofa with his bare ass! :eek:

haha! i copped ben doing that a few nights ago and seen him doing it again last night.

seen mario sittin on the sofa as well, ick! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,239 ✭✭✭KittyeeTrix

DAVINA McCaw has sparked a furious argument between John James and Ife over his failed romance with Josie.

For today's task, the fake parrot - dubbed Davina McCaw - came to life and sporadically spouted a phrase that a housemate had previously said.
    And if whoever originally said it put a coin into the case of Bob Righter, they won a prize.
    But when Ife's phrase was replayed, John James saw red as it was about him.
    The dancer had asked Josie: "Why would a 24-year-old cry in the diary room if he didn't fancy you?"
    And Davina McCaw repeated this as all the housemates listened in.
    But John James, who has claimed that he doesn't fancy the busty blonde, took offence to the remark.
    He cried over a previous argument with Josie and threatened to leave Big Brother.
    Furthermore, Ife took his coin as she had messed her turn up earlier and didn't have anything to use.
    The blonde hunk was enraged that Ife had used his coin for the task, and said that he intended to give it to Josie as she had lost hers earlier.
    But it seemed to other housemates that he was more embarrassed over Ife's remark.
    Bristolian Josie was also mortified and hid under her baseball cap.

Should be good to see:D

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭beegirl

About the uber cougar... on BBLB they had a bit with the uber cougar, at the end she took off her 'mask' or whatever it was, and it was just Emma Griffiths. Very underwhelmed by that lol :rolleyes:

beegirl wrote: »
    About the uber cougar... on BBLB they had a bit with the uber cougar, at the end she took off her 'mask' or whatever it was, and it was just Emma Griffiths. Very underwhelmed by that lol :rolleyes:

Channel 4 cutbacks, Tis a sign of the times.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭WesternNight

Emma Willis is her name :P

But I thought that that was just for a laugh...she wasn't the real one...was she?

edit: oh, apparently Griffiths is her maiden name, my bad!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭ROCKMAN

But I thought that that was just for a laugh...she wasn't the real one...was she?

Who ,really who is she ?

• Registered Users Posts: 31,859 ✭✭✭✭Sharpshooter

I don't think so, as you could see Emma's lips were not moving when the cougar was speaking.:pac:

ROCKMAN wrote: »
    Who ,really who is she ?

Used to be a presenter on MTV, married to ex Busted star.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 6,485 Mod ✭✭✭✭silvervixen84

If anything, they should have used Davina for it. :cool:

Oh didn't know she got married since... Yeah her anyway the BBLB presenter.

I don't know if it was just a joke, I was kind of hoping there was a bit more to it than that!!! But like Maria said maybe 'cutbacks' are to blame!?!

It didn't sound anything like her though :confused:

I don't think so, as you could see Emma's lips were not moving when the cougar was speaking.:pac:

Interesting... maybe still a surprise in store then? I did think it didn't exactly sound like her? But she could have been putting on a different voice...

Interesting... maybe still a surprise in store then? I did think it didn't exactly sound like her? But she could have been putting on a different voice...

Not sure tbh, but Emma's mouth only moved about three times during the cougars speech, I noticed it even though her face was in the dark.:pac:

Hmm not looking good this is what she says on her Twitter...

Had a very amusing #bblb today. Very much enjoyed my time as a super hero!

Hmm not looking good this is what she says on her Twitter...

Had a very amusing #bblb today. Very much enjoyed my time as a super hero!

Was that not in reference to herself and Davina being super hero's and flying while Emma was interviewing her.:pac:

• Advertisement

Meh... "whatever" button ;)

DS:
    Andrew has been talking to Ben about his weight loss.

The 19-year-old revealed that he weighed 14-and-a-half stone before starting university.

"When were you last 14-and-a-half stone?" Ben asked.

"A year-and-a-half ago before uni," Andrew replied, explaining that he gave up junk food in order to lose the weight. "I just ate tuna… that’s why I don’t snack. I used to have takeaways nearly every day."

Andrew also said that not taking part in physical activity at school was partly to blame for his weight gain: "I never did sport or P.E at school, I just did maths."

"Your mum must be proud of you," Ben stated.

Andrew explained that he first gave up junk food for lent and then continued to avoid fatty foods.

"Now I like pasta, mushrooms and tomatoes. I eat a lot less," he explained.

"I think you're fantastic," Ben responded.

Fair play to him, that's a lot of weight for someone of his height to carry around and he is to be admired for dealing with it in the right way.:)

That took great willpower.:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,265 ✭✭✭SugarHigh

DS:

Fair play to him, that's a lot of weight for someone of his height to carry around and he is to be admired for dealing with it in the right way.:)

That took great willpower.:pac:
    How tall is he?
    He doesn't look like someone who used to be fat.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,588 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Ben and John James having an argument. Must say I'd side with J.J.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭conorhal

Ben and John James having an argument. Must say I'd side with J.J.

I caught a bit of that, and thought, my god JJ can actually have in articulate intellegent argument! And yes, Ben was a complete arse, he was getting really agitated about getting challenged about his behaviour in the house and his sole defense that 'people can't change' was really weak...

I actually thought John James was a proper hypocrite in that argument.

To summarise the argument between Ben and John James:

I think it started with something along the lines of Ben taking issue with John James making a comment about his character that went something like.. "to get the full Ben experience we need to not do anything, and nothing will get done".

It diverted into a full blown personal attack basically from John James, to which Ben retaliated.

Ben asked John James why he's always snapping at his heels with personal comments and said he feels uncomfortable around his aggressive nature.

John James said that he hates the fact that Ben isn't interested in taking part in tasks and doesn't like teamwork.

John James called Ben "the most selfish person in the house" and he called himself "selfless".

Ben agreed that he's not particularly interested in the tasks they've done so far, which sparked a further (and repetitive) attack from John James.

Ben likened his lack of teamwork to John James' temper.

John James says that the lack of effort in tasks affects the housemates far more than his temper. "My temper doesn't take away hot water and food".

Ben says that that's true but it does affect the housemates in other ways, making them uncomfortable etc.

John James asks Ben if he's prepared to try harder with tasks.

Ben is unenthusiastic but with a bit of encouragement from others says he will.

Ben asks John James if he will work on his temper.

John James flim-flams on this throughout the argument. First saying he'd be happy to work on areas of his personality, then dismissing the need for that entirely.

Ben eventually (after a couple of hours) relents and basically accepts the terms set out by John James which are: You'll earn my respect when you try harder in tasks. If you don't try harder in tasks, I'll continue to be aggressive towards you.

Ben tries to put an end to the argument but John James keeps needling.

All during this the other housemates have been wanting to go to bed but they've been arguing in the bedroom :p

Dave also tried to mediate for a while and they were making a small bit of progress but once he left it just got stupid again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,265 ✭✭✭SugarHigh

I didn't see it but from that description JJ came off as a tool.

SugarHigh wrote: »
    I didn't see it but from that description JJ came off as a tool.

Well his whole aim of the argument was to win it. He got quite condescending and really petty and just would not let it go.

I can totally understand how he would be frustrated by Ben's lack of effort in tasks, but really he just came out of it looking like a bully.

He essentially said that he doesn't have to make any self-improvements because "Ben came to me and asked what my problem was, so I told him. I didn't go to him and ask him what his problem with me was, because I don't care". That was in response to Josie pointing out that he (JJ) wouldn't change his personality for Ben so it was a bit unfair to expect Ben to do it for him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45,588 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

To summarise the argument between Ben and John James:

I think it started with something along the lines of Ben taking issue with John James making a comment about his character that went something like.. "to get the full Ben experience we need to not do anything, and nothing will get done".

It diverted into a full blown personal attack basically from John James, to which Ben retaliated.

Ben asked John James why he's always snapping at his heels with personal comments and said he feels uncomfortable around his aggressive nature.

John James said that he hates the fact that Ben isn't interested in taking part in tasks and doesn't like teamwork.

John James called Ben "the most selfish person in the house" and he called himself "selfless".

Ben agreed that he's not particularly interested in the tasks they've done so far, which sparked a further (and repetitive) attack from John James.

Ben likened his lack of teamwork to John James' temper.

John James says that the lack of effort in tasks affects the housemates far more than his temper. "My temper doesn't take away hot water and food".

Ben says that that's true but it does affect the housemates in other ways, making them uncomfortable etc.

John James asks Ben if he's prepared to try harder with tasks.

Ben is unenthusiastic but with a bit of encouragement from others says he will.

Ben asks John James if he will work on his temper.

John James flim-flams on this throughout the argument. First saying he'd be happy to work on areas of his personality, then dismissing the need for that entirely.

Ben eventually (after a couple of hours) relents and basically accepts the terms set out by John James which are: You'll earn my respect when you try harder in tasks. If you don't try harder in tasks, I'll continue to be aggressive towards you.

Ben tries to put an end to the argument but John James keeps needling.

All during this the other housemates have been wanting to go to bed but they've been arguing in the bedroom :p

Dave also tried to mediate for a while and they were making a small bit of progress but once he left it just got stupid again.

I think that's a very one-sided view of it. Seemed to me John James was trying to actually resolve the issue of Ben not being bothered about helping out in tasks (which he admitted).

Every time he asked Ben if he'd try in the tasks Ben would reply with 'Are you going to deal with your anger and aggression issues'? Basically he was in denial about having anything to work on, kept trying to turn the tables, and then just wanted to end the conversation.

If I was in there and needed to do tasks to help people get food and stuff then I'd be fed up as well with someone who couldn't be bothered helping out. I thought J. J. was spot on and thought Ben came across as very selfish.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement