Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post While Watching Ultimate BB11 Minute to Minute Discussion **ENTER AT OWN RISK**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 31,859 ✭✭✭✭Sharpshooter

Best result imo.

Vanessa didn't deserve to be in the final and Michelle was nothing without Stu.

Brian, Victor or Nick to win.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

I still think Chantelle will win.

• Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭greenie

I still think Chantelle will win.

I know she was front runner for a while but do you think the tears will lose her votes? Being emotional every now & then is understandable but every other day? I like her but everytime she starts crying I'm thinking 'here we go again'!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

greenie wrote: »
    I know she was front runner for a while but do you think the tears will lose her votes? Being emotional every now & then is understandable but every other day? I like her but everytime she starts crying I'm thinking 'here we go again'!

I know what you mean but I reckon the "love story" with Preston has been played well enough that her tears will gain her sympathy rather than derision. I think that, as cynical as we all are when it comes to these kind of things, she is a very likeable girl. She's not the brightest but she seems very, very nice. And I do feel that there are genuine unresolved feelings on her part when it comes to Preston. I don't believe he has any interest beyond a fondness for her and this could also win her more votes.

Having said all that, I've barely been watching as I just can't bring myself to do it, so I could be completely wrong. Ultimate BB has been done so, so badly. It should have been celeb-less.

Ideally I'd like to see Brian win, but I'd be happy enough for Chantelle to take it. Once Ulrika doesn't win, really. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 31,859 ✭✭✭✭Sharpshooter

DS:

:(

Housemates attended Big Brother's funeral this afternoon, as Big Brother narrator Marcus Bentley entered the garden to act as service priest.

Earlier today, the housemates had been notified that the funeral would be taking place in the garden. After hours of getting ready and writing eulogies, Big Brother called the group for the service to begin.

"Blessed are those that mourn Big Brother as they have enjoyed laughter, heartbreak and silly tasks and yet they have seen life," Bentley began. "Friends, housemates, viewers, Ofcom, the police and the government of the day - we are here to celebrate a great, great show.

"In its all-too-short ten years of life, he changed the face of TV and made superstars of ordinary people. He was loved by many, hated by few, but whatever anyone ever says about Big Brother, he was never dull… apart from Big Brother 4."

Bentley went on to describe how as a child Big Brother "scandalised the nation" after someone wrote down some notes, in his adolescence he showed us "his kebabs" and as a young adult he made headlines all around the world.

"260 housemates have sashayed through his doors and put themselves in full glare of scrutiny - an array of the foolish and the bonkers," the 'priest' continued. "No aspect of human behaviour was left unscrutinised by Big Brother."

Bentley asked all housemates to raise their right hands and repeat the declaration: "Oh Big Brother, you said it like it was. You were just being yourself, you were never edited badly, you weren't just doing it for the cameras. You gave some people some airtime, you mostly didn't swear live on Channel 4."

Marcus then 'committed to the earth' the welcome pack, a microphone, the red shiny task suits, a chalk board and chalk, and a beer can with a white label over it.

"We now commit to earth the unbranded beer who provided tears, tantrums, love and lust to all that drank from you," he added, performing the role.

Housemates then read eulogies, before Bentley, Preston, Victor and Nick lowered the casket into the ground.

:(

I want the tree to have it's own C4 programme.:(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,242 ✭✭✭mariaf24

Thanks for that Sharpshooter :)

But i find a BB Funeral unnecessary, creepy and erm well pretty stupid tbh.

Any word on Nadia i wonder???

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭littlefriend

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,755 ✭✭✭A V A

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
    so nadia tried to top her self???? feck sake , could of done it tight !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭Fistycuffs

Chinafoot wrote: »
    I know what you mean but I reckon the "love story" with Preston has been played well enough that her tears will gain her sympathy rather than derision. I think that, as cynical as we all are when it comes to these kind of things, she is a very likeable girl. She's not the brightest but she seems very, very nice. And I do feel that there are genuine unresolved feelings on her part when it comes to Preston. I don't believe he has any interest beyond a fondness for her and this could also win her more votes.

Having said all that, I've barely been watching as I just can't bring myself to do it, so I could be completely wrong. Ultimate BB has been done so, so badly. It should have been celeb-less.*

Ideally I'd like to see Brian win, but I'd be happy enough for Chantelle to take it. Once Ulrika doesn't win, really. :)

I can sympathise with Chantelle over being upset about Preston but I have to say that I've considered her in a different light since Nadia's revelations about Coolio.*

If he has making sexual slurs about Nadia, telling the girls to try and feel her up to see if she had a penis and threatening her by saying he knew people on the outside who could beat her up then I can't understand why a "nice" girl like Chantelle would be flirting with him and going around after he left saying she was sorry he left because he was a nice guy and she found him attractive. I personally really do not like people who take the " oh but he endlessly flattered me so he must be nice " line in those situations. It just smacks more of insensitive and selfish rather than stupid in my book so I find it hard to overlook. Also the trying to make Preston jealous excuse doesn't wash. Few decent girls would stoop so low as to entertain the likes of Coolio.
    I agree completely with you about UBB...it was another lost opportunity by the producers to do something great. Also Ulrika is a witch. I hope that she is seriously booed.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

A V A wrote: »
    :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
    so nadia tried to top her self???? feck sake , could of done it tight !!!

Do you mean "could have done it right"???

If you do, then what a f*cking horrible thing to say. I'm not a fan of Nadia myself, but I wouldn't wish that on anyone. She was treated extremely unfairly by BB.

Jesus Christ.

• Advertisement

Do you mean "could have done it right"???

If you do, then what a f*cking horrible thing to say. I'm not a fan of Nadia myself, but I wouldn't wish that on anyone. She was treated extremely unfairly by BB.

Jesus Christ.

i think it was typical her , it wouldn't surprise me if it was for attention !!! what i meant was if your going to be selfish enough to take your life atleast do it right !!! cas thats even more grief after being saved!!! it ridiculous

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭Fistycuffs

I want the tree to have it's own C4 programme.:(

The tree,or the guy voicing him ,is on Twitter as "nettletainment".

i think it was typical her , it wouldn't surprise me if it was for attention !!! what i meant was if your going to be selfish enough to take your life atleast do it right !!! cas thats even more grief after being saved!!! it ridiculous

Wow. This whole post is just so ignorant and ill-informed that I amn't even going to put together a rebuttal because you probably wouldn't understand it anyway.

EDIT: Do yourself a favour and educate yourself.

Wow. This whole post is just so ignorant and ill-informed that I amn't even going to put together a rebuttal because you probably wouldn't understand it anyway.

nah im alryt iv been affected twice by suicide and i can think say what i please ok i dont need to read any post to educate myself on someone else's views !!:rolleyes:

nah im alryt iv been affected twice by suicide and i can think say what i please ok i dont need to read any post to educate myself on someone else's views !!:rolleyes:

So you've been affected by suicide twice yet you say this?

So the two people you know who have killed themselves, you are glad that no one caught them in time to stop them because that would be more grief?

Wasting your time there ibarelycare. Stunningly ignorant.

fistycuffs, I didn't see how the Nadia/Coolio argument was represented but judging from your post and what Nadia herself has said, the BB producers certainly fúcked Nadia over. As for Chantelle, I don't know. I think she's just a bit thick and tries to see the good in everyone. No excuse of course, but I think thats how she is.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭WesternNight

So you've been affected by suicide twice yet you say this?

Lost cause, unfortunately. Not worth the increased blood pressure ;)

So the winnner is............................

Chantelle

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭yeahimhere

So the winnner is............................

Chantelle

what? how? when?? why!! :eek::confused::(:eek:

Or are you just being bold teasing and speculating? Or has the betting odds changed?

Oh the emotions :pac:

I'm bloody going to miss all of tonights shows cause I promised to go to a stupid football match. :(

My years of BB experience tell me such, the split voting will *just* get her the win, tiny percentage, vote transfers etc.

• Advertisement

My years of BB experience tell me such, the split voting will *just* get her the win, tiny percentage, vote transfers etc.

To be fair, it's hardly an out there prediction that only a master BB watcher could make. Its down to her and Brian and most people both here and other forums have said that Chantelle will take it.

True...but i think they'll flip flop until the final vote is taken, i just feel female voters will take to her more.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭yeahimhere

wow,first time i've used boards on my phone so now i can keep up with what's happening this evening.yay! I dunno about being certain about chantelle winning.it'll be close but brian will still win it unless they give her a fantastic edit/focus this evening. Hmmm i was still hoping 4 nick 2 b a late runner,never got started really it seems.

I would love to see Brian win it. He'd be the most deserving of them all and even if BB had done the Ultimate show the way they should have done - no "celebs" - Brian is still the best winner BB has ever had tbh. His year was the best, closely followed by Kate, but that was in 2001. The majority of those watching BB now would have been too young to have seen Brian's year. This year has been dominated by the teen brigade as evidenced by the support for the JJJ fauxmance, and I'm sure that spilled over to the UBB.

Chantelle would be the most likely person that the majority of the younger viewers, and more importantly voters, would know and like. I'm sure most people can see how funny Brian is, but the Preston/Chantelle story has been spun very well so I think she might take it.

I hope I'm wrong though.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,588 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I think Brian will win it. I'd be happy with Brian, Victor or Nick winning it. I think it would be a shame if a CBB contestant won the final one.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,755 ✭✭✭tylerdurden94

Davina dont look half bad :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭anniehoo

Anyone know what the song is thats playing?The piano bit?

I think Brian will win it. I'd be happy with Brian, Victor or Nick winning it. I think it would be a shame if a CBB contestant won the final one.

Agree with the last part of your post.

Personally though, I think it would be pretty shameful if the winner of UBB was someone who got kicked out after 35 days for breaking the rules, or someone who showed himself to be a violent thug.

Ideally UBB would have been the previous 11 winners, but of course not everyone would agree to it, particularly after the trainwreck that was Jade on CBB. Both BB11 and UBB have been the lowest points of BB imo, and it's a shame for it to go out like this.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,755 ✭✭✭tylerdurden94

Which thread should we be discussing in? There is some in here and some in the other?

• Advertisement

Which thread should we be discussing in? There is some in here and some in the other?

If you're watching anything thats being aired right now you use the other thread. This thread is for stuff that hasnt been shown yet.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement