Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Why the hell are Irish people shouting against France???

• 17-06-2010 9:14pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭

Something I have always done since I was very little, is if a team knocked out my team, to root for that team because they're the next best thing in the competition.

If France went on to win the competition, Ireland could say: that should have been us. We nearly beat those guys.

How does it make Ireland look if even Mexico can beat France 2-0? I'll tell you how it makes them look... it makes them look ****!

I know it's mostly just a bit of fun but it makes no sense for Ireland to be cheering against France.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭A-Trak

People aren't "Shouting" against France, they're shouting for the better team who have put in the effort and deserve to win.

Tonight that team happens to be Mexico.

That France are cheating bastards is just a side issue :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,480 ✭✭✭Devastator

A-Trak wrote: »

100%

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 951 ✭✭✭Verance

I was shouting against them beacuse I'll win €240 if Mexico qualify and €560 if France fail to qualify! :)

Also, they knocked the Irish team out unfairly and people will of course be bitter. Also, Mexico were the better side, who actually went out to try to win and played the better football.

:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,454 ✭✭✭mink_man

wooo, realised i can post here....ya france played like a bunch of grannys let out for the day...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,773 ✭✭✭madma

Nobody wants France to do well their coach is a stupid monkey,they shoulnt be in the world cup and looks like they"ll be goin home already..even the English all hate the French they wanted Ireland there..we were cheated and it's sad that our older brilliant players might never get the chance to play in a world cup again

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭heavyballs

A-Trak wrote: »
    People aren't "Shouting" against France, they're shouting for the better team who have put in the effort and deserve to win.

Tonight that team happens to be Mexico.

oh yes they are,and i'm sick of all the thicks sayin we should be there instead of them,like we were going to be awarded the match if Henry hadn't done the oul hand a god thing,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭ErinGoBrath

heavyballs wrote: »
    i'm sick of all the thicks sayin we should be there instead of them

And I'm sick of thicks that constantly condemn the Irish folk who rightfully feel they have been cheated out of a WC place. We've every right to despise cheats so give it a rest.

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭Il Trap

Reportedly, the reason that Ireland were not granted the replay that the majority of football fans in the world advocated, was because Raymond Domanech would not agree to it, even in the interests of 'fair play'. As a result, I feel that Irish fans are well entitled to relish the humiliation of the side he manages. Au revoir Les Bleus!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,341 ✭✭✭El Horseboxo

Ah the self hating Irish. Ever reliable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭digme

Stockholm syndrome was running high tonight, see all the bets getting put on France to win before kick off. Avoir french swine !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,161 ✭✭✭rednik

Because we can.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭heavyballs

And I'm sick of thicks that constantly condemn the Irish folk who rightfully feel they have been cheated out of a WC place. We've every right to despise cheats so give it a rest.

what u on about,this isn't the first or last incident like this,read my post in full :mad:, unles there is a video ref such instances are part of the game,you win some etc.....,take your f..in tri-colour blinkers off and get over it ffs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,838 ✭✭✭Nulty

heavyballs wrote: »
    what u on about,this isn't the first or last incident like this,read my post in full :mad:, unles there is a video ref such instances are part of the game,you win some etc.....,take your f..in tri-colour blinkers off and get over it ffs

I was disgusted to see a world cup place that our players would have fought tooth over nail for throughout the competition go to a bunch of unworthy, sulky, self-obsessed pansies. They were at the World Cup - and they totally dishonoured us by throwing that opportunity away. I didn't hate the French before because of the handball but I hate them now for the shambles of a display they put on in the World Cup and the disrespect to us they showed (indirectly) by turning up and not trying.

Its like taking a toy from a child and breaking it so no one can play with it. (forgive the lame analogy)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 534 ✭✭✭Benny Lava

If I was a boxer who was beaten by a guy who loaded his gloves with Plaster of Paris, I would hope the cheating scumbag would get the life beaten out of him in his next fight (I'd prefer if he didn't fight but he would because it's a corrupt sport). I would hate to see him become successful and win titles.

The same applies to these French folk.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,534 ✭✭✭FruitLover

I don't understand the sentiment either - can't we let bygones be bygones? I say we lend our support to our European brethren as they surely would, were the tables turned. I watch for the sport, I care not who emerges victorious.

...that is, as long as someone gives that bastard Henry a good boot in the balls...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement