Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

strange smell dublin 3 area

Options
  • 17-06-2010 9:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭

strange smell in the air same as last night same time was sitting here and bang a big smell a sea weed or something came flying in the window went out side and its woofull im based in marino my friend two streets up the road from me can also smell it any ideas...?

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,598 Mod ✭✭✭✭artanevilla

Probably coming up from the seafront. Tends to get a bit smelly on hot days.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭2qk4u

Its the smell of dirty pyjamas drifting up from the north strand...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭anto86

2qk4u wrote: »
    Its the smell of dirty pyjamas drifting up from the north strand...

ah hahaha i nearly fell off the bed here laughing at that one

suppose the tide must be gone out or something and all that crap that does be there has heated up and is drifting up here it stinks has my stomach turning here

• Registered Users Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭Jay D

Are you new to the area?

Jay D wrote: »
    Are you new to the area?

nope liven here over 20 years

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,600 ✭✭✭00112984

Algae. Rotten year for it due to the warm weather. Similar conversation here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Was out at Bray a week or two ago on one of the hot days. The pong from the harbour when the tide was out was unreal so it's more than likely the same thing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭judas101

I live right on the water and find it none worse than usual. Dont even notice it anymore tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭Jay D

anto86 wrote: »
    nope liven here over 20 years

I'm originally from the area myself like, got that smell a lot over the years. Funnily enough good memories it reminds me of when I think back of Fairview and Clontarf during the summer.

Jay D wrote: »
    I'm originally from the area myself like, got that smell a lot over the years. Funnily enough good memories it reminds me of when I think back of Fairview and Clontarf during the summer.

used to go off most days durein summer but this year been around home alot so have noticed it this year

just thinking its actually like booterstown god that place stinks like sour nappys or something was on the train goin southbound and the smell is unreall and gets trapped on the train for a few stops its horrible made me laugh tho lookin at everyone goin mad

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,084 ✭✭✭dubtom

I get that smell a lot on the Rock Road from Sandymount to Booterstown. I always comment on it to my passengers,lest they think I've let off a bad one.
    I was once accused by a bitch of sharing a stinker when in fact it was the smell of the CAT from the car in front,the experience left me traumatised.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,993 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

I got it last night as well. I assume it's the seafront - I got similar when I lived in Sutton.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,383 ✭✭✭91011

The smell is caused by sunlight on the algae type stuff rather than heat and due to the much higher sunlight we've had this year the smell has been stronger.

Advertisement