Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Danzig's Deth Red Sabaoth

Options
  • 17-06-2010 9:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,366 ✭✭✭

new record's out

Deth_Red_Sabaoth.jpg

1. Hammer of the Gods (5:22)
    2. The Revengeful (4:12)
    3. Rebel Spirits (4:00)
    4. Black Candy (4:10)
    5. On a Wicked Night (4:03)
    6. Deth Red Moon (3:59)
    7. Ju Ju Bone (4:47)
    8. Night Star Hel (6:43)
    9. Pyre of Souls: Infanticle (3:19)
    10. Pyre of Souls: Seasons of Pain (7:19)
    11. Left Hand Rise Above (4:23)

the opening track Hammer of the Gods is poor as the title suggests, everything thereafter seems to be noticeably higher quality recording/writing so what happened to opening with a killer track am i too used to slayer albums or is it a case of deliberately startin w/ a stinker where it can only appear to go uphill? in fact it only seems to get stronger toward the end

introspective/ballad-like is when his solo stuff is best, may be a deliberately strong finish to what could be his last rock record. unsure how many tracks i'll keep when it stops bein current, other than Danzig 4 his tracks must to be very stand-out for me to retain

check this one out anyhow.. youtube it first or some sh-

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 39 Astro Zombie

Cant wait ta get one of these. Think he might be doin a blues album next so ya could be right there

• Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

Star Bingo wrote: »
    new record's out - aww f- i mistitled it..
    I've changed the thread title for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,366 ✭✭✭Star Bingo

cheers malice ;- i thought he was goin down the voodoo blues route like w/ his Ge Rouge movie.. wtf happened to that n all hopefully it surfaces - maybe be he'll appear in it like a demented Steve Seagal

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭Zombienosh

I like danzig, and this album sounds good, but it has the same problem as almost all danzig albums, the production is always a bit ****.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 Astro Zombie

Its just raw. And Thats Just Danzig.

• Advertisement

2nd listen's not on a 5w mono MBA speaker this time. n not crudely recorded as i suggested now there's a turn up. a lot of standard blues metal i guess, i suppose it is what at this stage of his career having executed his best ideas id give this a.. 8/10. but i know it won't be on my player come the winter months, nothing particularly dark nor malevolent here. suits the release date in that respect

we expected unplugged blues, but the plug is still firmly in the socket! :confused:

Black Candy is a keep'r

• Registered Users Posts: 805 ✭✭✭metzengerstein

have to say i liking this album very much very like the older stuff glad they never did anything like blackacidevil again has to be the worst album for me

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭Seosaimh77

Hammer of the gods really is ropey (oddly enough I think it is his voice that is weak or something) but it is excellent after that.

Advertisement