Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wheelchair

Options
  • 17-06-2010 10:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭

Hi just checking to see if anyone would have a self propelled wheelchair that they no longer use and is gathering dust. I'm on cruches at the minute coz of a really bad back problem my right leg gives way underneath me some times been like this for nearly two years and cruches are cripleibg me more.
    Hse said there's a six week waiting list to get an ot out to my house and a "few" months to get home aid including a wheelchair in. Also since I don't have the medical card I have to buy the stuff. ans I'm a Lil cash straped at the min
    So please pm me if u have one or no of someone who could sell me one at a reasonable price.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭snorlax

this isn't a 'for sale forum'. so please don't ask people to quote prices. besides you don't know what your getting.

I'd advise two things 1) get your TD to write a letter to the HSE or your GP indicating why you can't wait 6 weeks...all cases are priotised eg. p1, p2 or p3 ..p1 is seen in days but is generally something life threatening.

otherwise get a private OT on aoti.ie to measure you up

otherwise IWA rents out wheelchairs http://www.iwa.ie/services/wheelchairServices.aspx

VHI may have a relief on wheelchairs, and it may be eligable for tax relief from the revenue if its a medical device (check with the revenue on this).

again don't buy one here you don't know what your getting.

Advertisement