Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pokerus

Options
  • 17-06-2010 10:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭

So nurse joy tells me my party is infected with pokerus. Ive never got it before so what do i have to do to keep it?, and how long before it infects new pokemon when i put them into my party

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,571 ✭✭✭TheChrisD

wobbles wrote: »
    So nurse joy tells me my party is infected with pokerus. Ive never got it before so what do i have to do to keep it?, and how long before it infects new pokemon when i put them into my party

For the next two days your Pokémon will be "infected" by it and can pass it onto any other Pokémon in your party simply by walking around. After those two days then they can't infect any new Pokémon, however putting them into the PC means they keep their "infected" status indefinitely.

It's a good thing, as it doubles the EVs your Pokémon gain from battles, which really can be a help if EV training. Note, it does not mean that you can earn double EVs, just doubles the rate at which you gain them. Even when they're no longer infected, they still earn double EVs. So it can be quite the help.

I think I still have a Bidoof in my PC that's infected with it, iirc...

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

I have a few that are infected in my box.

Easier way t transfer it is to use a physical attack with the infected, switch out and use another physical attack, thus, both Pokémon touching the middle Pokémon(The Foe) and the transfer is complete.

Also, if the Infected is first, the second can become infected by just walking around.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

I've found that putting the infected mon in the 3rd or 4th position and then having a couple of battles tends to pass it on to the 'mons in the 2nd&4th or 3rd&5th positions, at which point you move them all around to maximise infection in the next battle. But whatever works for you!

The symbol for a recovered-infected (you can't be reinfected) is a little smiley face on the Pokemon's profile page (can't remember if it's a happy or sad smiley...)

Bear in mind, if you're not EV training you can inadvertently over-buff the wrong stat in your 'mons if you're not being picky about what you fight, eg if you're using the apres-battle insta-heal doubles partners in diamond/pearl/platinum to maximise your exp and minimise trips to the pokecenter. It can be fixed but it's a pain in the arse. Use the 'Rus wisely.

Advertisement