Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Erratic Music Players - Starting Themselves!

• 17-06-2010 10:43pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 677 ✭✭✭

Anyone having trouble with a second music player randomly starting and playing music?

Say I have Cubed playing away, then it seems with no user action MixZing will start playing a random song on top of it. I uninstalled MixZing out of frustration and then later on it happened with the stock music player!

I haven't nailed down what causes it to start. After switching to MixZing and pressing pause, going back to Cubed and putting down the phone it starts again. I even tried going into settings and "Force Stopping" MixZing but it continues to start itself.

This isn't happening every day or anything, probably 3 separate occasions in the last 3 weeks (And I use Cubed every day). But when it happens it's hard to stop it. I think each time I just stopped playing music altogether.

It ain't a problem with MixZing as it happened with the stock player once after I uninstalled it. So maybe Cubed is the cause...

Would be interesting to know if anyone else has experienced this.

Cheers,
    DM

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 677 ✭✭✭M450

Oh yeah, I've a Desire with stock ROM

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

I found that MixZing took over the remote control so FM Radio and other apps that use the remote started to act weird.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 118 ✭✭shakel

I get this when I unplug the handsfree/headphones... I have played around with the handset controls setting but the problem remains. This is on and X10 running 1.6.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,346 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

Venom wrote: »
    I found that MixZing took over the remote control so FM Radio and other apps that use the remote started to act weird.

Same as that the remote control took over

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,175 ✭✭✭seanin4711

I use cardio trainer and had music integration selected.
    3 cube player came on plus the htc music player on top of it weird or what!
    anyway of getting just one to go?
    thanks
    john

• Advertisement

I haven't experienced it in a while now. It's strange enough... can't figure out any pattern for it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 134 ✭✭R28

Could this problem be related to the headphone music controls.

I know on my hero I was constantly getting music randomly coming on from different music players-I eventually figured out that the headphone music controls were linked into the default player, and that by accidently pressing it I was starting a song on it, while at the same time playing something with tunewiki or cubed.

If you go into the app settings you can deselect the headphone control. Worked for me.

Cheers for the insight.

I haven't been using the HTC headphones or any other with controls. Even still, I've had the headphone controls option deselected in cubed music player. Which is the player I was using every time it happened.

I can't find any settings in the stock music player... ??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,886 ✭✭✭beans

This kept happening to me today, I thought someone at Newstalk had f&cked up and was playing intro music over George Hook until I realised I'd inadvertently pressed the earphone controls and started MixZing.

It's a pain, must figure out a way to disable those controls...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

beans wrote: »
    This kept happening to me today, I thought someone at Newstalk had f&cked up and was playing intro music over George Hook until I realised I'd inadvertently pressed the earphone controls and started MixZing.

It's a pain, must figure out a way to disable those controls...

The problem I had with Mixzing was when you enable the remote control for that app you can't use the remote for the radio or default player :(

• Advertisement
Advertisement