Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

planning a walking route in wicklow - ideas?

Options
  • 17-06-2010 11:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭

I want to bring a few friends on a hike in Wicklow but vary from some we have done before e.g. Tomlegee, Mullaghcleavaun, Djouce, Glendalough. Lugnaquilla is an option but most have been up there also, I'm the one who hasn't! Just wondering if anyone can recommend an interesting walk, 6-7 hours, moderate. If we take in some of the Wicklow way that's fine but want to veer off the beaten path also.
    Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,441 ✭✭✭Slogger Jogger

New waymarked trails beside Tinahely that would give a good walk. Not 6-7 hours but something new.

St Kevins way is something I'd like to do at some stage too.

• Registered Users Posts: 660 ✭✭✭Git101

From Laragh onto Paddock hill (part of wicklow way) swing up onto Scarr (not WW), follow along ridge, then head down towards carpark above Glenmacnass waterfall. Cross the river there above the carpark and head towards Tonlagee, heart shaped lake (Olart?) below on your right (option to go up Tonlagee at this point) Head on to Brockagh and follow it back to Laragh.

You will find all the details to work out the exact route on os map 56.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,464 ✭✭✭✭Alun

Git101 wrote: »
    ... Tonlagee, heart shaped lake (Olart?) below on your right.
    That'd be Lough Ouler.

• Registered Users Posts: 660 ✭✭✭Git101

Alun wrote: »
    That'd be Lough Ouler.

Thanks Alun, I was too lazy to walk as far as the map to check :eek:

Advertisement