Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Is it easier for guys to pull women or women to pull guys?

• 17-06-2010 11:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭

Having a discussion tonight and we decided to put a poll up to see what everyone thinks about this. I won't put up my opinion now cause i want to see what everyone thinks without influence. So what do you think? Is it easier for guys to pull women or women to pull guys?

In feedback please specify sex

Is it easier for guys to pull women or women to pull guys? 540 votes

It is easier for guys to pull women
    0% 0 votes
    It is easier for women to pull guys
    3% 20 votes
    It depends on the situation
    86% 468 votes
    There's no difference
    9% 52 votes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,689 ✭✭✭✭OutlawPete

Are you serious?

There is no debate.

An unattractive overweight chick will have ten decent looking guys following her round a nightclub, cockblocking each other trying to pull her.

If you're even just a little better looking than that, make some eye contact .. then you'll have your pick of men.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭K4t

Answer = Women

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,600 ✭✭✭00112984

It's easier to pull a guy; he has a handle.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭karlog

Women. There's your answer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,783 ✭✭✭Hank_Jones

The majority of men think with a thing called a penis.

Women don't have one of these, so it is easier for them to pull.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭jd007

Easier for women to pull without a doubt.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,952 ✭✭✭Lando Griffin

A good looking man would pull an ugly bird very easy and a good looking woman would have less problem pulling an ugly bloke.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,750 ✭✭✭liah

Except most women don't do the actual act of trying to pull.. they're generally the ones to get pulled. If that makes sense..

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,217 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

liah wrote: »
    Except most women don't do the actual act of trying to pull.. they're generally the ones to get pulled. If that makes sense..

Sluts :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Guys pulling Guys oh yeah!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Killer Pigeon

*danger *****

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,554 ✭✭✭✭alwaysadub

I'm a woman,i think it's easier for a fella to pull.

EDIT: I seem to be alone in my thinking.
    Maybe i'm just doing it wrong :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭karlog

Kiith wrote: »
    Sluts :P

Precisely, Girls that go out on the pull are sluts. Girls that expect to be pulled are just teases.

Conclusion: Girls are teasing sluts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 542 ✭✭✭cleremy jarkson

Unlike most of these kind of "which one" questions, the answer to this is actually objective: Women.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭Sea Sharp

I'm sure there's always the exceptional circumstances, but women definitely. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,645 ✭✭✭Daemos

Well, I think the poll result speaks for itself :p

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

and then we do, win win.

Yeah as the poll suggests it's easier for women. Not saying it isn't easy for a lot of guys, it is, but it'll always be easier for a girl. Just how things are atm!
    Now buy me a drink :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,150 ✭✭✭kumate_champ07

they bought pull each other, theres no one side that pulls. nobody tells there mates they got pulled the other nite by some girl/guy.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,232 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

I usualy end up pulling myself

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,918 ✭✭✭✭orourkeda

They should be doing more pulling (off)

• Advertisement

Said it before and I'll say it again.

On a night out, most places you go .. 90% of the guys are out to hook-up.

Whearas, only 10% of the women are out to hook-up.

So, you have a situation where 10% of the women out on the razz have their pick of 90% of the men.

Also, they don't even have to do anything.

Just make brief eye contact and smile and I guarantee you that guy will approach you and start chatting.

I just wish the Poll was public so we could see who the wrong people are ;)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

they bought pull each other, theres no one side that pulls. nobody tells there mates they got pulled the other nite by some girl/guy.

ye I do :pac:

they make fun of me for it being a guy/girl though :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

Tar I could pull you all night long :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,588 ✭✭✭derfderf

alwaysadub wrote: »
    I'm a woman,i think it's easier for a fella to pull.

EDIT: I seem to be alone in my thinking.
    Maybe i'm just doing it wrong :pac:

You probably have that same disability that all women seem to have, i think it's called standards.

OutlawPete wrote: »
    Said it before and I'll say it again.

On a night out, most places you go .. 90% of the guys are out to hook-up.

Whearas, only 10% of the women are out to hook-up.

So, you have a situation where 10% of the women out the razz have their pic of 90% of the men.

Also, they don't even have to do anything.

Just make brief eye contact and smile and I guarantee you the guys will approach yo and start chatting.

I just wish the Poll was public so we can see who the few muppets are :p

One of them muppets would be me :p
    Maybe it's just cos i'm quiet,but i think its easier for a fella to start chattin to a girl than vice versa. I start to chat up a fella,i'm a slut. I don't, and i'm frigid!! It's easier for men :)

derfderf wrote: »
    You probably have that same disability that all women seem to have, i think it's called standards.

I'll talk to anyone who talks to me. Doesn't mean i'm gonna shag someone just for the sake of it.

IvySlayer wrote: »
    Tar I could pull you all night long :)
    good ole post pulling, where would I be without it. see you D5
    Maybe it's just cos i'm quiet,but i think its easier for a fella to start chattin to a girl than vice versa. I start to chat up a fella,i'm a slut. I don't, and i'm frigid!! It's easier for men :)
    yeah they can talk to you, but then it is the girl saying yes/no...do you follow? :)

annnd if the girl is somebody that will also approach guys, well ya, sex out the wazoo for her

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,232 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

I'll talk to anyone who talks to me. Doesn't mean i'm gonna shag someone just for the sake of it.
    Exactly, standards :P

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

Well despite what the statistics and liars say , if you (cliched examples only )have the looks of George Clooney / Brad Pitt or Jennifer Aniston / Kate Hudson you aint gonna be having any trouble pulling anybody .

We can always work on the good / bad personality traits later :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭JuneBug29

I want to hear more from women cause i think it's mostly guys.

Also i would like to know how many of the 52 who answered are guys?

Sorry :o

:D
    I start to chat up a fella,i'm a slut. I don't, and i'm frigid!! It's easier for men :)

You don't have to start catting him up and why would you think that is easy?

In general, a girl just has to make eye contact and smile at a guy.

If I'm with mates and we see a girl checking out one of our mates, we will all be like: "Oh, you're in there .. that blonde girl keeps checking you out" .. and he'll more than likely go and say hello.

I was at a function last year (in a hotel) and we were at the bar and she said she hoped she'd pull that night, I broke up laughing.

I told her that almost every guy that has walked past has checked her out and she was oblivious. How can that be?

Jesus, when a girl gives me the glad eye, I remember .. forever :p

Granted, I don't have to many to remember but jeez lousie, women can't be blind ffs.

Latchy wrote: »
    Well despite what the statistics and liars say , if you (cliched examples only )have the looks of George Clooney / Brad Pitt or Jennifer Aniston / Kate Hudson you aint gonna be having any trouble pulling anybody .

We can always work on the good / bad personality traits later :pac:

ye for some guys it's easy, obv. But it's a lot easier for a girl too still, of any attractiveness. She just has to be there :p
    It's easier to find guys who will have sex with anybody

Jesus, when a girl gives me the glad eye, I remember .. forever :p

Granted, I don't have to many to remember but jeez lousie, women can't be blind ffs.

You can spot these things! You have the elusive 'signals' gene. I want that. /goes back to clueless corner :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 feckthepeas

JuneBug29 wrote: »
    I want to hear more from women cause i think it's mostly guys.

Also i would like to know how many of the 52 who answered are guys?

I'm a girl and I defo think that it's easier for guys. I'm a normal looking girl and I see how guys never seem to have trouble in nightclubs or on nights out. They also seem to have been with waaaay more women than I've been with men. I defo think guys have the upper hand in that way. They seem to be able to pick and choose girls on nights out. I've seen friends of mine drunk and willing on nights out...nice looking girls...and they've had no luck whatsoever. That makes no sense to me!

You can spot these things! You have the elusive 'signals' gene. I want that. /goes back to clueless corner :D

I think it all comes down to eye contact, it's that simple.

If a girl likes you, she looks at you and then looks away .. and repeats it with a smile maybe.

If you ignore her or just are clearly oblivious, her friend will usually shove her against you as you walk past, embarrassing the fcuk out of her :p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Aim low is the trick, and stay sober.

If riding is all its about, fuck what she looks like, give 'er a lash and leg it.

If on the other hand its love your after, well love finds its own level with or without your help.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

ye for some guys it's easy, obv. But it's a lot easier for a girl too still, of any attractiveness. She just has to be there :p
    Yes , just be there ...and dont move K ? :D
    It's easier to find guys who will have sex with anybody
    For sure , even the loser guys get lucky sometime to :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭Mrmoe

You make it sound like slut is a bad thing;)

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭TheTosh

Women easily

The best chat up line for a woman is the worst for a man

''Wanna f*ck''

I think it all comes down to eye contact, it's that simple.

If a girl likes you, she looks at you and then looks away .. and repeats it with a smile maybe.

If you ignore her or just are clearly oblivious, her friend will usually shove her against you as you walk past, embarrassing the fcuk out of her :p

haha it's the latter I am better at spotting, them approaching you backwards :p
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055717847
    that or they have to be attached to my face, 5 mins later I think, oh maybe she likes me ??? :pac:

• Advertisement

Mrmoe wrote: »
    You make it sound like slut is a bad thing;)

Yeah, doesn't it just mean:

Sexually Liberated Uses Toys

In general, a girl just has to make eye contact and smile at a guy.

Yeah,and i usually get '
    what the fcuk are you looking at' rather than 'hey,how are you' :D

And,as has already been mentioned,a lot(not all) of blokes will pull a girl even if he doesn't fancy her. Which gives him a bigger chance again!

This sums up a man's philosophy on sex

'A holes a goal'

Yeah,and i usually get '
    what the fcuk are you looking at' rather than 'hey,how are you' :D

What??

That's just weird.

Have you thought about coming back to Dublin :p

What??

That's just weird.

Have you thought about coming back to Dublin :p

That's Galway men for ya, different breed altogether :pac:

/suddenly remembers where two of the mods are from..

Mean that in a good way of course :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 426 ✭✭ddef

I hate the negative use of the word slut. Sluts are great! dont have to spend much money on drinks for them, dont waste as much time chatting and getting to know them. quickly in and stay as long as you want. when yer done go find another slut!
    girls...SLUT UP!

ddef wrote: »
    I hate the negative use of the word slut. Sluts are great! dont have to spend much money on drinks for them, dont waste as much time chatting and getting to know them. quickly in and stay as long as you want. when yer done go find another slut!
    girls...SLUT UP!

I bet you wouldn't have that opinion if your mother/sister/daughter was like that or your girlfriend had that reputation

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

Easier to pull yourself OP.

has anybody made that joke yet?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 154 ✭✭Mits

Guys do the pulling. So they have to be better at it.

Have you ever seen a girl walk into a group of guys at a dance and says "fancy a dance, okay, how about your friend" and repeat this until you score.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭Genrikh Yagoda

woman are generally much fussier and arrogant so it makes sense.:pac:

• Advertisement
Advertisement