Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Is it easier for guys to pull women or women to pull guys?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭Irish_wolf

My first thought was depends on the situation but then I realised that it's definitely easier in any situation for a girl to pull a guy than the other way round.
    Obviously attractive men and women are pretty much on the same level but
    generally speaking, if an unattractive girl goes around trying to get with a lot of fellas shes labelled a slut but will still get some,

If an unattractive man goes around trying to get with a lot of girls he's labelled a creep and is usually ignored.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭digme

alwaysadub wrote: »
    I'm a woman,i think it's easier for a fella to pull.

EDIT: I seem to be alone in my thinking.
    Maybe i'm just doing it wrong :pac:
    I'd question you interpretation of the word pull

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,535 ✭✭✭Raekwon

It's so easy for women to pull it's actually bordering on ridiculous! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,588 ✭✭✭derfderf

I'll talk to anyone who talks to me. Doesn't mean i'm gonna shag someone just for the sake of it.

maybe that's what's wrong, all the lads you're interested in can see your chastity belt through your large baggy jumper :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭4zn76tysfajdxp

i think its easier for a fella to start chattin to a girl than vice versa.)

;) Hey, how are yo-...

That's Galway men for ya, different breed altogether :pac:

What the fuck are you lookin' at? :mad::mad::mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 949 ✭✭✭LoanShark

I'm a ride, So I have No bother getting women..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,199 ✭✭✭G-Money

It's 1 millions times easier for a girl. She doesn't have to do anything, even if she doesn't look at a guy during the night she will probably still get approached.

And if she makes a move, even if she gets shot down, 99.9% of the time the guy will be polite about it. Unfortunately guys aren't returned the same courteousy.

The only time a girl might have it difficult is if it's me she's interested in. I never notice girls eyeing me up and even if I think they are, I'm almost always wrong. So the one's that are interested don't stand a chance unless they come over and introduce themselves as I'll probably never notice/believe they're giving me the come-on.

It probably doesn't help that my eyes dart away all the time too. Almost like I don't want them to feel uncomfortable that I might be interested in them. Low self-esteem is such a great thing :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 240 ✭✭Magi11

Male.

Its easier for a a woman to pull guys because women have boobs:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭Kiera

I'm useless with guys. I'm a crap flirt and never pick up on them flirting with me. Even if they stand there and ask for my number. I'm just useless. Guys need to smack me over the head and tell me they like me or i wont cop it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,300 ✭✭✭nice1franko

Kiera wrote: »
    I'm useless with guys. I'm a crap flirt and never pick up on them flirting with me. Even if they stand there and ask for my number. I'm just useless. Guys need to smack me over the head and tell me they like me or i wont cop it.

istockphoto_9528065-caveman-dragging-cave-woman.jpg

:D

istockphoto_9528065-caveman-dragging-cave-woman.jpg

:D

Pretty much :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,058 ✭✭✭✭Abi

JuneBug29 wrote: »
    I want to hear more from women cause i think it's mostly guys.

Also i would like to know how many of the 52 who answered are guys?

Without a doubt women, for the reasons Pete out-lined.

Its like shooting fish in a barrel, even for an average looking woman.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,513 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Abigayle wrote: »
    Without a doubt women, for the reasons Pete out-lined.

Its like shooting fish in a barrel, even for an average looking woman.

Has anyone ever tried that? It's fecking dangerous with all the ricochets. Plus, the fish is an inedible mush afterwards.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 216 ✭✭Sharlovesjohn

I was always approaching men on a night out most couldnt have been bothered with me as im a brunette and not some dumb ass woman fake tans to a glowing orange and wearing next to nothing with barely a pick on them

Met my OH on the net lol

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,513 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

I was always approaching men on a night out most couldnt have been bothered with me as im a brunette and not some dumb ass blonde

Is that really what you used to tell yourself? It wasn't anything to do with your judgmental attitude to men and blondes, no?

• Advertisement

Is that really what you used to tell yourself? It wasn't anything to do with your judgmental attitude to men and blondes, no?

Ha no I really did go up and try to chat up men they would then ignore me after giving me the 'eyes' for almost an hr

I think its more connected to my age with the way young women dress going out now?

Ha no I really did go up and try to chat up men they would then ignore me after giving me the 'eyes' for almost an hr

I think its more connected to my age with the way young women dress going out now?

I doubt it. Sounds like it could be your attitude tbh. I'm 30 and wear jeans and a dressy top out and while i never notice guys coming on to me my friends are constantly pointing out that they are.

/oh and i'm blonde btw so maybe thats it :rolleyes:

I doubt it. Sounds like it could be your attitude tbh. I'm 30 and wear jeans and a dressy top out and while i never notice guys coming on to me my friends are constantly pointing out that they are.

Ha I did write no offence to Blondes?

I meant the bimbos that go out tarting themselves?

Im sure you've seen them out on a night out yourself

I have no problem been rejected when i ask a guy does he want to join me for a drink

Im just saying I dont think its as easy for women there maybe many blokes on a night out but what they want (ie. myself) is a different story

Ha not like I really have to worry about it right now or for a while maybe it be a different story in a few years so ?

I think Il leave it at that before I dig myself into a bigger hole!!

Women have a natural advantage over men. It's probably an order of magnitude easier for a woman to have success with either gender than for a man to do so. This is probably reinforced by the fact that the female body is worshipped.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,554 ✭✭✭✭alwaysadub

derfderf wrote: »
    maybe that's what's wrong, all the lads you're interested in can see your chastity belt through your large baggy jumper :)

Wrong on so many levels :)

• Advertisement

Wrong on so many levels :)

You're a bike? :eek::P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 240 ✭✭Magi11

word

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,884 ✭✭✭Eve_Dublin

Yeah as someone said before, men don´t mind scoring a bird they don´t fancy but women won´t do the same. Men have more options.

A serious question: how can you pull someone you don´t think is attractive? I don´t get it. What´s the point? Why??

Eve_Dublin wrote: »
    Yeah as someone said before, men don´t mind scoring a bird they don´t fancy but women won´t do the same. Men have more options.

A serious question: how can you pull someone you don´t think is attractive? I don´t get it. What´s the point? Why??

[male reply]You don’t look at the mantelpiece while poking the fire.....:P[/male reply]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭m5ex9oqjawdg2i

So, AH beers this Saturday? :);)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Trying to get to your hot mates via you?

I occassionally get chatted up, unfortunately it's usually fat, awful looking birds or bent chaps (seriously, I must trigger gaydar or something, which I can't understand as I don't dress or look like a bent chap so f knows what makes them think I'm gay :confused:). Only 4 or 5 time has a good looking lady ever initiated things :rolleyes:

So, AH beers this Saturday? :);)
    See ya then ;)
    stovelid wrote: »
    Trying to get to your hot mates via you?

I feel so used and ugly now. Thanks, Stovey :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

I feel so used and ugly now. Thanks, Stovey :(

One day your prince will cum.

I can sense it.

stovelid wrote: »
    One day your prince will cum.

I can sense it.

He came and went a long time ago. Typical man :p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,595 ✭✭✭bonerm

RoverJames wrote: »
    (seriously, I must trigger gaydar or something, which I can't understand as I don't dress or look like a bent chap so f knows what makes them think I'm gay :confused:).

Maybe they know something you don't. :confused:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭Scanlas The 2nd

A better question would be is it easier for a woman to pull a man she finds attractive or for a man to pull any woman.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,762 ✭✭✭✭stupidusername

I'm shocked at the results, why do people think it's so easy for women? I'd be terrified of approaching a guy. Do women do this, and 100% of the time succeed? Maybe I shouldn't be so afraid of it so! Wait, is this just about when drunk?

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭elnino35

He came and went a long time ago. Typical man :p
    ...we don't all leave after we come...depends wats for breakfast:D;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭m5ex9oqjawdg2i

I'm shocked at the results, why do people think it's so easy for women? I'd be terrified of approaching a guy. Do women do this, and 100% of the time succeed? Maybe I shouldn't be so afraid of it so! Wait, is this just about when drunk?

Scenario 1

Woman: "Want pussy?"

Man: "eh... eh... um... omg... Orgasm... *faints*"

Scenario 2

Man: "Want cock?"

Woman: "PERVERT!!!"

elnino35 wrote: »
    ...we don't all leave after we come...depends wats for breakfast:D;)

The same as the menu the night before :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,689 ✭✭✭✭OutlawPete

What are you talking about?

How in the name of God would Men have more options?

90% (rough guess) of blokes on a night out are looking to pull a girl, for at least a kiss and cuddle.

That would seem like a hell of a lot of options to me.

If you are trying to say that the few women that are actually out on a night to pull, are just not happy with the selection of men, then those women need to get their head out of their arses and stop being so selective about what they find suitable for them.

Irish men are just as good looking as Irish women, neither sex can claim to be above the other in this area.

What a nonsense excuse.

bonerm wrote: »
    Maybe they know something you don't. :confused:

Perhaps, maybe I'm gay deep down :)
    One of the sisters friend's is the campest, gayest dude on the planet and he said he couldn;t see what they saw in me (I was delighted :D)

• Registered Users Posts: 9 hyster

i think most men dont want to be pulled. not being big headed but there is nothing worse now than a girl coming on too strong.
    ok granted i am in my mid twenties and a few years ago it would be great and seemed to never happen either. maybe i dont stink of want so much.

also guys whole night is built around going out to pull. i think women love the confidence boost of getting chatted up. so doing the chatting up doesnt give the boost.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭PK2008

Women just dont have the balls (literally) to take the risks that lads do. If they did they'd rule the rule the world with the power they have over us.

Men must chat women up- its always been that way and always will be.

OutlawPete wrote: »

90% (rough guess) of blokes on a night out are looking to pull a girl, for at least a kiss and cuddle.

If you are trying to say that the few women that are actually out on a night to pull, are just not happy with the selection of men, then those women need to get their head out of their arses and stop being so selective about what they find suitable for them.

Irish men are just as good looking as Irish women, neither sex can claim to be above the other in this area.

What a nonsense excuse.

Relex the cacks there man. Jesus. I´m only going on what guys say right here in AH and on this thread otherwise where would I come to that conclusion??? I´m not a man. SUPPOSEDLY a lot of them don´t mind scoring women they´re not all that into. I don´t think women are the same. You hear jokes being cracked like "doesn´t matter about the mantlepicee when you´re poking the fire" or "she was a dog, but I´d still give her one"...these phrases were coined by MEN, not women. I neevr heard a woman talk like that, have you?

If women are more inclined to have standards (only going on what the charming gentlemen of AH say), then surely their options are less.

hyster wrote: »
    i think most men dont want to be pulled. not being big headed but there is nothing worse now than a girl coming on too strong.
    ok granted i am in my mid twenties and a few years ago it would be great and seemed to never happen either. maybe i dont stink of want so much.

also guys whole night is built around going out to pull. i think women love the confidence boost of getting chatted up. so doing the chatting up doesnt give the boost.
    PK2008 wrote: »
    Women just dont have the balls (literally) to take the risks that lads do. If they did they'd rule the rule the world with the power they have over us.

Men must chat women up- its always been that way and always will be.

PK2008....see the comment above? This is the kind of shiite women have to contend with and puts them off. Still a stigma attached to women talking the initiative and approaching a man in some circles.

Relex the cacks there man. Jesus. I´m only going on what guys say right here in AH and on this thread otherwise where would I come to that conclusion??? I´m not a man. SUPPOSEDLY a lot of them don´t mind scoring women they´re not all that into. I don´t think women are the same. You hear jokes being cracked like "doesn´t matter about the mantlepicee when you´re poking the fire" or "she was a dog, but I´d still give her one"...these phrases were coined by MEN, not women. I neevr heard a woman talk like that, have you?

If women are more inclined to have standards (only going on what the charming gentlemen of AH say), then surely their options are less.

Eve_Dublin is right, men have a switch that goes off around 12oclock and it means they dont care aslong as they pull. I have friends looking to meet nice girls but come 12 they are only interested in the dance floor in coppers etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,595 ✭✭✭bonerm

A better question would be is it easier for a woman to pull a man she finds attractive or for a man to pull any woman.

Pretty much true. At a primal level most women are looking for the best possible man they can get whereas most men are looking to get as many women as possible. It's basic biological programming. Females want the strongest genes possible and males want to disseminate their genes as widely as possible.

One wants Quality the other Quantity, so not really a fair comparison.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,554 ✭✭✭✭alwaysadub

What a nonsense excuse.

To be fair Pete,i don't think she was saying that.
    She was saying what i and someone else already said-SOME(not all) men will shag a girl even if they don't fancy her in any way, shape or form, whereas a lot of women, have to at least fancy a fella before jumping into bed with him.

• Advertisement

To be fair Pete,i don't think she was saying that.
    She was saying what i and someone else already said-SOME(not all) men will shag a girl even if they don't fancy her in any way, shape or form, whereas a lot of women, have to at least fancy a fella before jumping into bed with him.

That´s all I was saying....everything else was a figment of your imagination, Pete.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,844 ✭✭✭RobbieTheRobber

You hear jokes being cracked like "doesn´t matter about the mantlepicee when you´re poking the fire" or "she was a dog, but I´d still give her one"...these phrases were coined by MEN, not women. I neevr heard a woman talk like that, have you?

Yeah and women often date rich ugly men for their personality! ;)
    Both sexes make excuses when they want to have sex with someone and have to justify it to friends.

in fairness everyone has pulled someone they are not attracted to

and im sure we have all been on the other end of that and been the reason for what the hell did i do last night moment.

Yeah and women often date rich ugly men for their personality! ;)

Were not talking about dating, we´re talking about "pulling" which will probably only lead to a one night stand at best. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,535 ✭✭✭Raekwon

What a nonsense excuse.

I totally agree with OutlawPete here, saying that men have more options then women is totally ridiculous IMHO. I think the poll more then highlights this fact.

• Advertisement
Advertisement