Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Is it easier for guys to pull women or women to pull guys?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,689 ✭✭✭✭OutlawPete

Eve_Dublin wrote: »
    I´m only going on what guys say right here in AH and on this thread otherwise where would I come to that conclusion???

I know, which is why I said it was nonsense.
    SUPPOSEDLY a lot of them don´t mind scoring women they´re not all that into.

Of course they "mind".

They just have no choice other than to pull a girl that they don't find particularly attractive.

They are horny and want a female, simple as that.
    I don´t think women are the same.

Of course they are not the same, they don't have to be, that is the point.

Why would a woman pull a guy for sex that she is not attracted to do when horny good looking guys are everywhere??

Would make no sense, which is why it doesn't happen.
    I neevr heard a woman talk like that, have you?

Again, why would they?

Horny decent looking men are not hard to find.
    If women are more inclined to have standards (only going on what the charming gentlemen of AH say), then surely their options are less.

It is laughable how wrong you are.

Bypassing your "charming gentlemen of AH" remark.

Woman are only "more inclined" to have high standards when it comes to pulling the opposite sex, because they have the LUXURY of having "higher standards", whereas most men do not.

Even when guys lower their standards somewhat, there is still only a fraction of women around that are out on the pull.

Look around at 3am at the weekend at the gangs of women getting into taxis as men look on.

Just because men lower their standards, that does NOT mean more choice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭Kiera

OutlawPete wrote: »

Why would a woman pull a guy for sex that she is not attracted to do when horny good looking guys are everywhere??

Horny decent looking men are not hard to find.
    Where? Where are these men you speak of?

/i'm sooooooo there!

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭elnino35

Kiera wrote: »
    The same as the menu the night before :P
    Oh in that case count me in for seconds:D...actually make that thirds, seconds would have been duly delivered already;)

• Registered Users Posts: 9 hyster

maybe us men are only pulling at the level our standard is at.

it could be that charming gentlemen on AH are not as attractive funny and intelligent as they think they are

and most attractive good looking women are in fact miles out of their league.

good looking women dont want to pull the munters that approach them on a night out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,554 ✭✭✭✭alwaysadub

/i'm sooooooo there!

I think he's talking about himself. No doubt the pm's are pouring in to him now, and he'll be posting in the 'Have you been propositioned on boards' thread soon :D

elnino35 wrote: »
    Oh in that case count me in for seconds:D...actually make that thirds, seconds would have been duly delivered already;)
    Smooth! :P
    alwaysadub wrote: »
    I think he's talking about himself. No doubt the pm's are pouring in to him now, and he'll be posting in the 'Have you been propositioned on boards' thread soon :D
    He said men, he's only one man. I want the names and addresses of these hot horny men!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭ash23

Any attempt I've made to pull a guy on a night out has been successful so in that respect, I think it's easier for women.

However in terms of dating and relationships, I think it's easier for guys to get girlfriends than for girls to get boyfriends.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,884 ✭✭✭Eve_Dublin

[/QUOTE]Horny decent looking men are not hard to find.[/QUOTE]

Do ye reckon?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭Seloth

Beh tbh I dont like pulling at clubs n stuff,Its just akward.I prefer to do so more at partys kinda for three reasons.
    1.Its easier
    2.You dont look like a tit by practically throwing yourself at a girl on a dancefloor,while 5 other fellas are also doing it.
    3.Ya get a nice lil chat :p

The only time I really pulled someone ((that was a complete stranger anyway)) was when I went over to a bunch of girls trying to get one of them off with my mate as it was his 18th,but then one of them came onto me thinking I was trying to pull her hah :pac:

He said men, he's only one man. I want the names and addresses of these hot horny men!

Pass them this way afterwards :D

• Advertisement

/i'm sooooooo there!

Eh, everywhere.

Pick any decent music bar in Dublin and you will find good looking guys on the pull.

I was in Flannerys 's last week and I actually heard a girl screaming down the phone that she was dying for a man and there was none there.

The ****ing place was jammers, you could hardly move in the place - as is always the case.

Guys were eyeing her up and trying to chat with her and she just smiled at her friends and ignored every single one.

Then I heard her shouting: "Where??? where??"

Turns out she had just heard there was some GAA stars in and wanted to make a bee line for them.

I shot her.

That sums up women in Ireland though.

You are all spoiled for choice and don't know you're born when it comes to sexual attention from the opposite sex.

You said it yourself Kiera:
    I'm useless with guys. I'm a crap flirt and never pick up on them flirting with me. Even if they stand there and ask for my number. I'm just useless. Guys need to smack me over the head and tell me they like me or i wont cop it.

If a guy seriously said to his mates that a girl asked for his number and he didn't know if she liked him or not, they'd tell him to **** off with himself.

Smooth! :P

cool..personal booty calls on boards now. Whatever next:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,058 ✭✭✭✭Abi

I think that both men and women will both go for the highest standard available to them. Though men are more readily willing to take a drop in standard to pull imo, not to say that women won't - but its moreso the guys.

Pass them this way afterwards :D
    Ah, my sloppy seconds? No problem. Hope you dont mind them being destroyed :P
    Eh, everywhere.

Pick any decent music bar in Dublin and you will find good looking guys on the pull.

I was in Flannerys 's last week and I actually heard a girl screaming down the phone that she was dying for a man and there was none there.

The ****ing place was jammers, you could hardly move in the place - as is always the case.

Guys were eyeing her up and trying to chat with her and she just smiled at her friends and ignored every single one.

Turns out she had just heard there was some GAA stars in and wanted to make a bee line for them.

I shot her.

You are all spoiled for choice and don't know you're born when it comes to sexual attention from the opposite sex.

You said it yourself Kiera:

If a guy seriously said to his mates that a girl asked for his number and he didn't know if she liked him or not, they'd tell him to **** off with himself.
    I also said i'm useless and never pick up on guys flirting with me. I tend to think a guy chatting to me is just having the craic and not chatting me up. It seems to be the way i'm programed.

Sure my last BF had to tell me we were seeing each other :o

If he wants to play hide the sausage on a regular basis, that usually gives the game away ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,595 ✭✭✭bonerm

Obedient. I like it.

Abigayle wrote: »
    If he wants to play hide the sausage on a regular basis, that usually gives the game away ;)

See! I didnt even pick up on that. I'm a total tard when it comes to all this lark!

Abigayle wrote: »
    or when his other gf is busy:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭BumbleB

I dunno but I find there's a lot of really quiet girls who are mistaken for being icy by guys and for that reason are not approached by Guys.Bubbly or very outgoing girls are pretty numerous IMO.

It isn't really a level playing field compared to the likes of Eastern europe where there is obviously a much higher ratio of women to men.

The bottom line is an average Irish girl really has the pick of who she wants.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,884 ✭✭✭Eve_Dublin

Eh, everywhere.

I shot her.

Fair enough but you´re not seeing it from our perspective. Women can smell desperation. I´ve been in various pubs in Dublin as last orders are approaching. Desperation is not attractive. If you know a man just wants to pull you regardless of what you look like, it´s not very appealing in fairness. I´d like to think the man that´s talking to me actually finds me attractive. Call me out fashioned but desperate decent-looking men with desperation in their eyes are not an option for any self-respecting woman, so you can rule those boyos out anyway, which lessens the options considerably.

I´m not all that fussy by any means (my track record says it all) but I do have certain standards. Perhaps I don´t always know when a man is checking me out but most of the time I know very well and I´m just not interested so I choose come across as oblivious so they´ll finally get the message..

If a man doesn´t act like a horny, desperate, drunken idiot, he´ll have PLENTY of options, believe me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,692 ✭✭✭Dublin_Gunner

Scenario 1
    Guy: Fancy a Shag?
    Gal: **Slap**

Scenario 2
    Gal: Fancy a shag?
    Guy: **boink boink boink boink boink boink**

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,595 ✭✭✭bonerm

I don't know why any bloke would find it unreasonable that he and his peers were getting blanked for some toothless, inbred GAA star when if the tables were turned and blokes were guarenteed offers of action without even having to make an effort he would soon consider many of these offers advances equally valueless and uninteresting.

Fair enough but you´re not seeing it from our perspective. Women can smell desperation.

Can they?

What does it smell like / look like?

You really believe this crap, don't you.

This is more drivel made up by women for an excuse to treat men like crap.

What if a guy told you that he was in club "desperate" women kept coming on to him all night?

You'd laugh at him and you'd be right.
    I´ve been in various pubs in Dublin as last orders are approaching. Desperation is not attractive.

If I am in a pub and girl comes up to me and I can tell she is "desperate" for a man and I like her, I'm having her.

Why should I care that she is "desperate"?
    If you know a man just wants to pull you regardless of what you look like, it´s not very appealing in fairness.

This thread is about "Pulling", not looking for Mr or Mrs Right.

If this so called "desperate radar" puts you off men, fine - but don't tell me that it is easier for a woman to pull than a guy or that men have more options, they don't.

You may be turning down a "desperate" guy, but it is still an option for you that most men do not have.

Show me a nightclub where there will be a few hundred decent looking "desperate" women at 2am.

If you can - then I'll accept you assertion that men have more options with regards to 'pulling'.
    Call me out fashioned but desperate decent-looking men with desperation in their eyes are not an option for any self-respecting woman..

Of course it's an "option", one which you have a right not to take, but it is still an option.

These men do not want to marry you, they want to 'pull' you, which is what the thread is about.
    .. most of the time I know very well and I´m just not interested so I choose come across as oblivious so they´ll finally get the message..

Ah, some honesty.

All this "I have no idea if men like me" is tosh, it's oblvious when girls know you are checking them out and of course you have the right to act oblivious.

But here's the thing, how are guys supposed to know the difference between you being coy, shy or that you're just acting oblivious cause you think you smell desperation and so are not interested?
    If a man doesn´t act like a horny, desperate, drunken idiot, he´ll have PLENTY of options, believe me.

So here we have more of the same old stuff women resort to.

Guys that don't pull are desperate drunken idiots.

Well, guess what - if 'drunk' people are such a turn off for you or any other women, don't go to places that serve alcohol looking to pull.

These are not places to find Hugh Grant types, sipping a mineral water.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭Deus Ex Machina

Women can smell desperation

You can do this?? You need to get James Randi on the telephone ASAP.

Joking aside, levels of perceptiveness and nous fluctuate between members of either gender, to say that fem. as a whole can establish when a masc. is "desperate" (a pejorative which actually obfuscates the issue a great deal) is clearly ridiculous. There are plenty of gormless men who show themselves to be idiots and fail to succeed in many spheres of activity, not just this contemptible issue at hand, just as there are thick as mud women who lack any level of sagacity.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 852 ✭✭✭moonpurple

men can pull a bird
    or pull themselves
    off

spoilt for choice

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,762 ✭✭✭✭stupidusername

You can do this?? You need to get James Randi on the telephone ASAP.

Joking aside, levels of perceptiveness and nous fluctuate between members of either gender, to say that fem. as a whole can establish when a masc. is "desperate" (a pejorative which actually obfuscates the issue a great deal) is clearly ridiculous. There are plenty of gormless men who show themselves to be idiots and fail to succeed in many spheres of activity, not just this contemptible issue at hand, just as there are thick as mud women who lack any level of sagacity.

I can't smell desperation, I can see it though. You do get a sense of it alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 438 ✭✭Cullen82

ash23 wrote: »
    Any attempt I've made to pull a guy on a night out has been successful so in that respect, I think it's easier for women.

Haha Classic!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

I'm a woman,i think it's easier for a fella to pull.

EDIT: I seem to be alone in my thinking.
    Maybe i'm just doing it wrong :pac:

what ya mean like walking down the street seeing a bloke O youle do? :pac:

moonpurple wrote: »
    men can pull a bird
    or pull themselves
    off

spoilt for choice

yeah well women can pull

a guy or

flick themselves
    off

spoilt for choice

what ya mean like walking down the street seeing a bloke O youle do? :pac:

Ah now i'm not that bad that i'll pull randomers walking down the road. Yet. :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

give us a shout when your at the stage :p....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,300 ✭✭✭nice1franko

These are not places to find Hugh Grant types, sipping a mineral water.
    No, he'll be out in the alley getting blown by a brasser :pac:

I used to work with a lad (dirtbag ) who was completely wired with no discernible standards of any description ,he pulled a beggar one night and she robbed his laptop. eewww

Can they?

What does it smell like / look like?

You really believe this crap, don't you.

This is more drivel made up by women for an excuse to treat men like crap.

I can't wait to see Eve's response ,Eve is a little ,should I say "feisty" .

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭turnfan

BumbleB wrote: »
    I used to work with a lad (dirtbag ) who was completely wired with no discernible standards of any description ,he pulled a beggar one night and she robbed his laptop. eewww

Oh. My. God.
    I usually never trust a random woman who's interested in me, in case she injects me with an iron solution :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,919 ✭✭✭Greyfox

Please close this stupid thread, it's at least 1,000 times easier for women to pull

At 3:00 in your avarage nightclub theirs always loads and loads of guys who would of liked to pull but haven't whereas if ANY women looks approacable/goes to the smoking area/sit's down on her own their guarenteed to have at least one or two guys try to score with them, and if the girl is above average looking she can afford to be quite choosy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Its a stupid question. Just ask yourself why are there so many more female prostitutes than males ones? no-brainer.
    JuneBug29 wrote: »
    Also i would like to know how many of the 52 who answered are guys?
    Then you should have made a decent poll...
    Said it before and I'll say it again.

On a night out, most places you go .. 90% of the guys are out to hook-up.

Whearas, only 10% of the women are out to hook-up.
    I don't think this is the case at all, depends on what you call a hook up though. I think most men would gladly ride whatever came along but many are not out specifically looking for it, they do not even expect it. I do not go out looking to find a €20 note, if one comes along sure as hell I will pick it up! I think a lot of women going out would like to be chatted up, but not do the chatting up, and are not going to ride whatever does chat them up. So it is easier to pretend they do not give a damn so if nobody does chat them up they have not appeared to have "failed", though like many men many might not give a damn. I think most want to be at least noticed, otherwise why would they go to so much bother doing themselves up with makeup etc, -oh right for themselves :rolleyes: -give me a break- if all men were struck down dead tomorrow do you really think makeup sales would not drop...
    I was always approaching men on a night out most couldnt have been bothered with me as im a brunette
    Yeah, no man would ever fuck a dark haired girl, all virgin spinsters are brunettes. FFS go to gumtree and put up an ad looking for a ride and within seconds you would get a response, a man putting up a similar ad would only get responses from prostitutes.
    A serious question: how can you pull someone you don´t think is attractive? I don´t get it. What´s the point? Why??
    This genuine confusion says it all too...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,990 ✭✭✭Darksaga87

Fat birds are harder to pull cause they are fat.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭MIN2511

Hmmm.... I dunno about this, being female i am very shy when it comes to chatting up men and would never chat up a guy...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭PK2008

PK2008....see the comment above? This is the kind of shiite women have to contend with and puts them off. Still a stigma attached to women talking the initiative and approaching a man in some circles.

Men figure out pretty young that unless they make the first move nothing will happen.

Even the shy guys will give it a shot once in a while, its very rare to see women attempt it though.

I think, in general, men are just willing to take more risks then women, in this regard at least.

If they did though, Ive no doubt the average womans success rate would be way higher than an average lads

• Advertisement

PK2008 wrote: »

its very rare to see women attempt it though.

Thats not true at least in my experience .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

MIN2511 wrote: »
    Hmmm.... I dunno about this, being female i am very shy when it comes to chatting up men and would never chat up a guy...
    That was NOT the question, and I think too many are reading it like that, i.e. seeing the question as something like are men more likely to chat up women or something. Of course they are, and of course it is easier for women to pull men.

It would be like if the question was "is it easier for guys to pick up a heavy handbag, or women to pick up a heavy handbags". And me replying "oh, I dunno, being a male I would rarely need to pick up a handbag, so I say women do it easier, I see them do it all the time with ease", when it is blatantly obvious men are naturally stronger.

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭sarmer

I'm female and totally think that guys can pull much more easily!!!

Guys can just go up to a girl they like and chat her up. A girl generally can't do the same without being judged - sad but true.

Not wanting to sound in any way full of myself, but I don't think I'm a bad looking girl (although I'm not a model either!), I'm a size ten, dress well and I'm friendly to people when I'm out and about. I rarely if ever get chatted up. I haven't kissed anyone in a couple of months and I go out every weekend.

Guys have it easier because guys have the power in the dating/mating game. It shouldn't be that way but it is.

sarmer wrote: »

Guys can just go up to a girl they like and chat her up. A girl generally can't do the same without being judged - sad but true.

Not wanting to sound in any way full of myself, but I don't think I'm a bad looking girl (although I'm not a model either!), I'm a size ten, dress well and I'm friendly to people when I'm out and about. I rarely if ever get chatted up. I haven't kissed anyone in a couple of months and I go out every weekend.

Guys have it easier because guys have the power in the dating/mating game. It shouldn't be that way but it is.

You're probably fairly stunning but not cheap looking so lads reckon there's not much point chatting her up. I chatted up one of you before and she completely ignored me, 'twas lovely having all that power you speak of :)

(I hope you get chatted up by a lovely chap this weekend)

Where in the name of god did you get the idea you were being judged ?. ,just go for it girl .All it takes is HELLO !:)

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭sarmer

You're probably fairly stunning but not cheap looking so lads reckon there's not much point chatting her up. I chatted up one of you before and she completely ignored me, 'twas lovely having all that power you speak of

(I hope you get chatted up by a lovely chap this weekend)

Thanks!

And it really irrates me when girls are really rude to a guy who makes the effort to chat up a girl. Even if a girl isn't interested, she should always be polite. I'd only be rude if a guy was being seriously weird or sleazy.
    Where in the name of god did you get the idea you were being judged ?. ,just go for it girl .All it takes is HELLO !

Any time I've ever made an effort to initiate chat or make any kind of contact etc when I'm out I get funny looks!!

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭TheTosh

Just go to Fibbers on Parnell St, the place is crawling with confident girls willing to chat up blokes

TheTosh wrote: »
    Just go to Fibbers on Parnell St, the place is crawling with confident girls willing to chat up blokes

Gone ....................................

Any time I've ever made an effort to initiate chat or make any kind of contact etc when I'm out I get funny looks!!

Interesting from exactly who ?.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭TheTosh

BumbleB wrote: »
    Interesting from exactly who ?.

The mirror

Advertisement