Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best time of year for Wedding weather

Options
  • 17-06-2010 11:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭

I always used to think about the statistics of getting a dry day and possibly some sunshine for parties etc.
    Im hoping to get married next year, but am not sure when to set the date.
    And I was thinking that April looks like the best time of year for a wedding.
    But any day that doesnt have persistent rain would be good.

So what month is least likely to have those peristant wet westerlies that we can get. Is it April? What is July like for these rain patterns?
    The last 3 summers & the dry spring this year is having me thinking that Spring is definetly the time to have it!
    Thanks for any tips :)
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭Dow99

Statistically the best weekend for weather is the June Bank Holiday weekend.
    I as well am planning on getting married that weekend next year. If you look back over the last 7 years each year was blissful, although this year the Friday and Saturday were gorgeous the Sunday and Monday were a wash out!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Danno

Tie it to the School year! Always during exam time it's good, also the first week of September!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,900 ✭✭✭Quality

My friend got married on the june bh three years ago and it pissed rain all day.. dont know where you are getting your facts from?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭snowstreams

Yeah I forgot about the June bank holiday. I was thinking April cause Easter is on then too. And the rainfall charts all have April as the driest time of year for all of the Country.
    I wonder is it consistently dry then. Or are there wash outs in April sometimes too.
    My Fiance is a Teacher so she prob won't be free in September with the new school year.
    Thats true that there always seems to be a good few good patches in Sept too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,150 ✭✭✭Deep Easterly

End of September into early October seems to be quite a dry period, although that is just from personal observation rather than based on any stats or anything.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,759 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

Quality wrote: »
    My friend got married on the june bh three years ago and it pissed rain all day.. dont know where you are getting your facts from?

that doesn't disprove what he said. if we take a look at that bank holiday weekend over the last 10-15 year a general trend should emerge showing that bank holiday weekend was fine more often than it was wet.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭snowstreams

Yeah it seems like very early June is the closest we get to a "dry season" ;)
    It does seem like the two times of year you can count on sunny dry weather is the start of June as the leaving cert starts and the end of september when the schools are back open!

Advertisement