Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Removing Raised Flower bed to become driveway

• 17-06-2010 11:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 838 ✭✭✭

Hey, I'm a newbie to the DIY forum so apologies if this is a really basic questions.

I have a tarmacked driveway with a raised flower bed around it. I'll need to remove some of the flower bed to accommodate another car.

Can I just removed the raised flowerbed cover the soil with those stones/pebbles/whatever you call em! you get in woodies and away we go. Or would there be problems with drainage anything else I'd need to look out for?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,167 ✭✭✭gsxr1

Hey, I'm a newbie to the DIY forum so apologies if this is a really basic questions.

I have a tarmacked driveway with a raised flower bed around it. I'll need to remove some of the flower bed to accommodate another car.

Can I just removed the raised flowerbed cover the soil with those stones/pebbles/whatever you call em! you get in woodies and away we go. Or would there be problems with drainage anything else I'd need to look out for?

I guess you could. you would have to dig down a good few inchs then fill with stone. Whack the bottom layer and top up the to level with more stone.
    I would not go to woodies for washed stone. Try the builders yard. They would deliver a ton bag of the stuff.
    you may need to put in some type of kerb or border.

Also if you use stone . Drainage will not be a problem as the stone itself will channel the rainwater into the subsoil.

Advertisement