Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wimax - what do you think?

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 mprend

M three wrote: »
    Thats not good. mind me asking what was wrong that you had to ring customer service for? can you tell us a bit more please? were you on hold for ages, is it an overseas call centre

we'd no dial tone at all on phone, tried ringing customer service all day from morning from mobile and they didn't even answer. when i did get throught eventually 2 someone ( an irish girl) they said they would give me a call back straight away. They got back 2 us over four hours later.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 kieran75

hi,

this wi-max has been rolled out a while in cavan town now and i am thinking of getting it. what is the service like now does anyone know...i kknow there were problems at the start but im hoping they're fixed now.

i am in the swellan area.

i dont want it for the phone...only for broadband.

thanks..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭M three

would be wary of it, unless its saving you a packet and you dont have to download much, if theres any problems with it while have it their customer service is poor as has already been mentioned above

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭smileyj1987

I had imagine fixed line broadband and got rid of it because of their terrible customer support . I'am now with utv internet and couldn't be happier .

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭spinzes

wimax are grand , but theres a few tricks you should use , if you download a lot don't do it at full speed all the time or they'll flag you and tell you to change you usage pattern as your throttling the service and it can effect others , so just download at about 200kbs , they are cheap though 35euro for a 7mb connection which gives d/l speed of about 450kbs but and its a big but for some reason l can get up to 950kbs-1.1mbs when l use an excellerator like internetdownloadmanager (IDM) so all in all its pretty good way better than eircom twats

• Advertisement
Advertisement