Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for a Grand Piano for a shoot

Options
  • 18-06-2010 1:18am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 222 ✭✭

I'm doing a shoot for a pair of musicians and one is a Pianist, the other a Violinist- does anyone know of a hotel, cafe or similar that has a grand paino that might suitable for a photo shoot?

Anywhere within 20km of Galway would be pretty nifty, any suggestions welcome :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24 cariss1

I think this place would be brilliant for a photo shoot........

http://www.galwayclinic.com/

Not sure how it would go down with staff or patients though!
    You may be able to get permission if you find out who to speak to.

I'm sure there are more suitable places around but I can't think of any at the mo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 222 ✭✭stunt_penguin

Haa yea I was a patient there a month ago and loafed around that lobby for a short while each night for some peace and quiet...it's actually totally deserted after 8 or 9 pm but getting permission to shoot would be tricky.

I also know of the piano upstairs in Javas and we're working on getting permission to shoot there... can anyone else help?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

there is a baby grand in the lounge in the radison.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 222 ✭✭stunt_penguin

duly noted, thanks seaneh!! that sounds really promising, and I think I know someone who knows someone who knows someone etc... anyone else got backups??

• Registered Users Posts: 8,138 ✭✭✭dinneenp

The Myerick (great southern hotel) on Eyre Square

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

The Clayton has one but I don't know if its location would make a nice photo... it's right next to a large windowed wall that looks out on the parking lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭tonyhiggins

There's one that belongs to Music for Galway, I think it's usually in St. Pat's band hall but it had been in the museum for a few months. As far as I know it's available to the people of Galway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 mHughes

I believe the Salthill Hotel has one in their lobby.

I think the G Hotel has one too - at least it had a few months ago. Would often pass by there to see someone in a suit tinkling the ivories.

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭teepee

The recepection area at the Galway Private clinic Doughuisea .
    Just walk in and see for yourself .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,063 ✭✭✭galwaybabe

There's one that belongs to Music for Galway, I think it's usually in St. Pat's band hall but it had been in the museum for a few months. As far as I know it's available to the people of Galway.
    There is one in St Pat's hall and there is another one in the cafe of the Museum. PM me if you want to use either, I should be able to put you in touch with the relevant people

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭Rylan

teepee wrote: »
    The recepection area at the Galway Private clinic Doughuisea .
    Just walk in and see for yourself .

Really!. You learn something new everyday. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭Mr Cawley

Arts centre behing the spanish arch!
    Surely they'll let the public use it!

Advertisement