Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trouble in Dooradoyle

Options
  • 18-06-2010 1:24am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭

Half the Limerick police force were screaming there way into a dooradoyle housing estate this evening.. Was some show.. It was like roxboro station car park!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭bucks73

Was passing Huntsfield around 9.20pm when 4 Garda cars flew in there with lights flashing. A

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Stab*City

ya in the end there was at least 5 squads, 2 unmarked there was 2 ERU jeeps and id say more there was so much happening it was hard to count!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,515 ✭✭✭Firefox11

I saw this earlier on way home from work down in Huntsfield and was wondering what the hell was going on. I saw and 2 Garda Armed Units and another squad car leaving the estate. Anybody have a clue what was going on?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭bucks73

Thought a couple of them were EUR alright. Looked a bit nuts and all the walkers were stood still watching.

Few people wandering around covered in blood alright.. But the garda show was far more interesting..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,515 ✭✭✭Firefox11

In Blood!:eek: Jayus!! Something must have kicked off!!

Ya something defo kicked off.. people were talking alright but i couldnt say for sure what happened.. whatever it was it was funny to see all their faces (the guards) when the realised that their show was complete overkill..

id say one car maybe two would have done it but 15 was a bit much.. Huntsfield is hard to navigate at the best of times but half these boys didnt have a clue where they were going.. 15 mins of pandamonium!! cops everywhere driving everywhere sirens on it was like new years!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭Iang87

any clue what happened no?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭Raiser

Iang87 wrote: »
    any clue what happened no?

Maybe after weeks of People calling 999 and simply getting fobbed off or ignored they eventually felt guilty and then all arrived at the same time?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

Stab*City wrote: »
    Ya something defo kicked off.. people were talking alright but i couldnt say for sure what happened.. whatever it was it was funny to see all their faces (the guards) when the realised that their show was complete overkill..

People wandering the streets covered in blood. it could have been zombies... can't be too careful with zombies.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 882 ✭✭✭acalmenvoy

People wandering the streets covered in blood. it could have been zombies... can't be too careful with zombies.

True. Too many squad cars are still not enough when zombies are involved.

Well done boys and girls in blue.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Came across two of those Garda cars after 21:00 last night and the way they were driving was a disgrace. I was out on a run and had come from Dooradoyle by way of the Old Crescent road and in along Greenfields and my return route would have been around Ballinacurra gardens and then back out the main road to Dooradoyle.

Two garda cars came screaming down the Greenfields road seemingly oblivious to the speed ramps and the kerbs on the footpath. I was really surprised to see them take the risk of driving so fast over the speed ramps and the hitting of the kerbs did not slow them one bit despite plenty of people out walking and running.

As for them in Dooradoyle, well it was yet more trouble between scum that have been given housing in the area and other scum who object to the extra competition in ther "activities" in the area.

Kess73 wrote: »
    As for them in Dooradoyle, well it was yet more trouble between scum that have been given housing in the area and other scum who object to the extra competition in ther "activities" in the area.

We can all enjoy our 25-30 year 200K+ Mortgages anyhow - Now with 24 years anti-social activity by brawling neighbourhood Scumbags free of charge.......

Your statutory rights are not affected, terms and conditions apply.

This is not what happened..

This is not what happened..

There was trouble last night that involved scum who were placed into the area.

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭clint_eastman

What did happen?

Some of the people involved have lived in huntsfield since it was built.. And some of them dont even live there.. i think maybe one or two have moved in recently.. What happened? To keep it short and sweet a fight after drinking..

Some of the people involved have lived in huntsfield since it was built.. And some of them dont even live there.. i think maybe one or two have moved in recently.. What happened? To keep it short and sweet a fight after drinking..

Nice classy people who cannot have a drink or two without it turning into a brawl.

At least one of the newer residents involved in the fight were kindly placed in the area at the tax payers expense and some of the non locals involved are from their old area.

I'm living in Huntsfield and it is not the first time some of those involved in yesterday's incident have been in similar trouble in the area. That the ERU unit arrived as well as the other cop cars is no surprise given some of those involved.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,857 ✭✭✭langdang

Nice classy people who cannot have a drink or two without it turning into a brawl.

At least one of the newer residents involved in the fight were kindly placed in the area at the tax payers expense and some of the non locals involved are from their old area.

I'm living in Huntsfield and it is not the first time some of those involved in yesterday's incident have been in similar trouble in the area. That the ERU unit arrived as well as the other cop cars is no surprise given some of those involved.
    Exactly, I'd say that address must be on some watch list for the boys in blue, surely an indication of the calibre of people involved...

Ah - In fairness Jacinta handed up a cold dinner and then Shanika drank 6 of Nannas tins of Dutch Gold and smoked Duggies 10 Spot.

- There was always going to be trouble then when Beyonce and Fat Tony reversed their BMW X5 into Knuckles new Merc after she boxed the Gob off him for admiring Latoyas new Thong.......

- Nothing like a Neighbourhood blood-soaked brawl to let the People in Houses owend by the Bank know who is really doing well out there......!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,364 ✭✭✭campo

I heard there was a guy out in the crescent yesterday at about 5pm shouting and screaming that he was going to kill everybody, wonder has this anything got to do with it maybe he decided to go from crescent to huntsfield and start a bit of agro

pure speculation on my part

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,857 ✭✭✭langdang

Raiser wrote: »
    Ah - In fairness Jacinta handed up a cold dinner and then Shanika drank 6 of Nannas tins of Dutch Gold and smoked Duggies 10 Spot.

- There was always going to be trouble then when Beyonce and Fat Tony reversed their BMW X5 into Knuckles new Merc after she boxed the Gob off him for admiring Latoyas new Thong.......

- Nothing like a Neighbourhood blood-soaked brawl to let the People in Houses owend by the Bank know who is really doing well out there......!!!
    Priceless! (as long as you're not living next to them, being bent over by the bank for your own house and bent over by the government for these lovely people's house)

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭Tango Alpha 51

id say one car maybe two would have done it but 15 was a bit much.. Huntsfield is hard to navigate at the best of times but half these boys didnt have a clue where they were going.. 15 mins of pandamonium!! cops everywhere driving everywhere sirens on it was like new years!!

Tut tut Stab,
    There isn't 15 Garda vehicles on in the city at nightime. Considering what the call came in as, it wasn't overkill to have the amount of gardai in attendance at all. If only one or two cars turned up initally & they weren't able to do deal with it, people would still find cause to complain about inaction by the gardai !. I know from being in those situations with AGS, that's it's better to have too many & not need them, than to have too few & be up ****'s creek !!

buzzman wrote: »
    Tut tut Stab,
    There isn't 15 Garda vehicles on in the city at nightime. Considering what the call came in as, it wasn't overkill to have the amount of gardai in attendance at all. If only one or two cars turned up initally & they weren't able to do deal with it, people would still find cause to complain about inaction by the gardai !. I know from being in those situations with AGS, that's it's better to have too many & not need them, than to have too few & be up ****'s creek !!

There was alot if not 15 then defo 12.. i saw it with my own eyes.. wow if all it takes is a call to concentrate that much garda in one place we better not let the murderers know or they just have to do a couple krank calls for the wrong side of town and they are free to do as they please.. because id say roxboro was empty last night at that time..

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭Tango Alpha 51

They already do that Stab, to test response times for everyone. Routinely get tied up on bogus calls on one side of the city when something genuine is happening on the other side.

Raiser wrote: »

Best post ive seen in a while..

Advertisement