Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Aisling Daly added to next season's Bellator tourney

• 18-06-2010 1:28am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,512 ✭✭✭

Just seen them announced this on the live show. Pretty good news for Irish mixed martial arts, a lot of people probably saw her as a guest on the late late and various other Irish media. Best of luck to her!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Congrats to her :)
    Bellators gaining more and more attention too

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭Menace2Society

WOW!! That is massive news! Hope she does well, and gives a good performance! Well done!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,512 ✭✭✭Oh_Noes

Congrats to her :)
    Bellators gaining more and more attention too

It seems to be pushing Strikeforce for that #2 spot in the states, it's such and awesome show, and weekly. The Askren/HornBuckle welterweight final fight tonight was decent.

Will be nice to have someone Irish the cheer for in a big American MMA show!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 364 ✭✭Mrs Lynch

Best of luck Ais ;) Not only great for Irish FeMMA but for the whole Irish MMA:D

Urs
    x

• Closed Accounts Posts: 107 ✭✭MarkFairman

Well Done Ais!! thats great news; delighted to see all her hard work is finally being recognised buy the bigger shows!

War Ais!!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

She has a)got a fight and b)it is outside of the UK & Ireland. :D

The real write up about Ais talking her up and sowing the seeds for the Sexton fight:

http://www.mmarising.com/news/2010/06/17/alvarez-daly-added-to-bellator-tournament/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 398 ✭✭Anakin.S

Its great to Irish MMA fighters going places.

I take it this means that we will not see Aisling at Cage Contender in July then, or is Aisling contracted into fighting in Dublin?

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭wingnut4

Excellent stuff, looking forward to this!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

Great news, I'm sure she'll do fantastic. Is this her natural weight class?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,549 ✭✭✭✭cowzerp

dropping down a weight..

Rumble in rush to bellator-thats what its all about!!

Rush Boxing club and Rush Martial Arts head coach.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 367 ✭✭Chewabacca

This is huge news for irish mma!

cowzerp wrote: »
    Rumble in rush to bellator-thats what its all about!!
    I call next :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

I see that she's been ranked third in the world at flyweight in the new Independent MMA Rankings

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 con-chance

Amazing news for Irish MMA. She's gonna kick Ass!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 178 ✭✭Aisling!

Thanks everyone! :)
    Here's the official announcement
    http://mmajunkie.com/news/19652/undefeated-aisling-daly-added-to-bellators-season-three-female-tourney.mma

Pretty damn Awesome, I'm so excited! :D

Here too:
    http://www.bellator.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_LANG=C&DB_OEM_ID=23600&ATCLID=204963242

Featured article on their site's front page no less :D

Yippee!!! :D

rovert wrote: »
    Here too:
    http://www.bellator.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_LANG=C&DB_OEM_ID=23600&ATCLID=204963242

Featured article on their site's front page no less :D
    I love the way they actually put the pronunciation there :pac:

It's really horribly mispronounced, I nearly didn't know who they were looking for on the phone today when they called, thought it was a wrong number! Azling lol!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 606 ✭✭✭baaaa

That's deadly,just deadly.Really like your fighting style Ash.It's great to have someone representing on such a stage.Hope you perform as well as you usually do.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 826 ✭✭✭SBG Ireland

couldnt be more proud of ais. the most significant (hard earned!) opportunity for an irish mma athlete yet, i hope it gets the recognition it deserves :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,995 ✭✭✭Tim_Murphy

Huge news. Best of luck Ash!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 427 ✭✭Plastikman_eire

Great news for Ais.

IN other bellator womens div news,
    gutted for Rosi Sexton

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭dasmoose

Thanks for the spoiler.

Congrats Ais :)

dasmoose wrote: »
    Thanks for the spoiler.

Congrats Ais :)

Sh1t, sorry.

Fixed now (for all the good it does you:()

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭dasmoose

No worries mate, appreciate the apology :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Shane0

Oh_Noes wrote: »
    Just seen them announced this on the live show. Pretty good news for Irish mixed martial arts, a lot of people probably saw her as a guest on the late late and various other Irish media. Best of luck to her!
    that is classssss

been dying to see ash the bash on a bigger stage against some more top fighters, this can only mean good things for irish mma!

Great news for Ais.

IN other bellator womens div news,
    gutted for Rosi Sexton

On that I just read this account:
    The Sexton knockout was nasty. I was literally five feet from them and it was one of the sickest thuds I've ever heard. She was down and out for a long time after that fight

You can view it on the Bellator youtube channel.

• Advertisement

rovert wrote: »
    On that I just read this account:
    The Sexton knockout was nasty. I was literally five feet from them and it was one of the sickest thuds I've ever heard. She was down and out for a long time after that fight

You can view it on the Bellator youtube channel.

Late stoppage imo, the ref shouldnt have allowed the extra blows.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,720 ✭✭✭Sid_Justice

I genuinely think Rosi is lb for lb the best female fighter out there but she can only get fights against girls seriously bigger than her. Look at her opponent, she's about 7kg heavier.

This is is a thread about me being in Bellator :) If you want to talk about how Rosi is lb for lb best start another one... and we'll see who's lb for lb best in August.

The catch weight was 121lb Zoila made 120, Rosi was 121lbs, can't complain there!

Aisling! wrote: »
    This is is a thread about me being in Bellator :) If you want to talk about how Rosi is lb for lb best start another one... and we'll see who's lb for lb best in August.

The catch weight was 121lb Zoila made 120, Rosi was 121lbs, can't complain there!

sorry i didn't realise you paid to have a thread to promote your fight here. duly noted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,462 ✭✭✭cardio,shoot me

sorry i didn't realise you paid to have a thread to promote your fight here. duly noted.
    stop being a tool, the thread is being dragged offtopic, if you want to discuss something, start a thread.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭MaeveD

I genuinely think Rosi is lb for lb the best female fighter out there

Huh what? She should learn to keep those gloves up... or maybe she was just looking for a cheap nose job :)

• Advertisement

I didn't pay for anything but as the title of the thread clearly states Aisling Daly added to next season's Bellator Tourney... not Rosi Sexton
    got KO'd last night!

Fight here...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aGPZR0n5SDU&feature=player_embedded

lb for lb performance? :rolleyes:

People do see the irony here? No, I'll spell it out. Am i being criticized for off-topicness or complementing someone's rival?

Seeing as the thread starter has returned the discussion to Rosi's fight I shall presume it's ok for me to add my view. I think she was beaten by a girl who was physically bigger who cut more weight. In the same way BJ penn was beaten by GSP and at the time, BJ could have been considered a lb4lb contender.

This is is a thread about me being in Bellator :)

Yes it is!!

Very best of luck Ais.... I can't wait for this! You really deserve this break!

I've been lucky enough to be at some of your fights, I think you're an amazing fighter! :D

People do see the irony here? No, I'll spell it out. Am i being criticized for off-topicness or complementing someone's rival?

Seeing as the thread starter has returned the discussion to Rosi's fight I shall presume it's ok for me to add my view. I think she was beaten by a girl who was physically bigger who cut more weight. In the same way BJ penn was beaten by GSP and at the time, BJ could have been considered a lb4lb contender..

I have to agree with Cardioshootme... you're being a tool!

Seeing as the thread starter has returned the discussion to Rosi's fight I shall presume it's ok for me to add my view. I think she was beaten by a girl who was physically bigger who cut more weight. In the same way BJ penn was beaten by GSP and at the time, BJ could have been considered a lb4lb contender.

I didn't start the thread... you can can give Rosi all the compliments you want... on a different thread dedicated to that.
    This is a thread about me in Bellator, people can give their opinion on that, we've already heard yours. I'm saying we'll see on August 12th if Rosi isn't under medical suspension.

I don't agree it's the same thing they both cut to 120lbs so what who cut more? neither missed weight.
    Rosi didn't move up a weight class and as she recently said in an interview she feels 120lbs is her best weight class.

I also agree with you being a tool! :D

Anyway delighted to be fighting on Bellator, thanks for the support guys, I'm gona do Irish MMA proud! :)

• Advertisement

good luck with your fight ais! hope you kick ass!

Thanks! :D

Sorry for my part in this, dont kill me Aish. Perhaps a spilt topic would be best?

I ain't killing anyone unless you're one of the 7 girls here :D

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2010/6/24/1534053/bellator-season-iii-womens#comments

I'm over my annoyance at the thread being hijacked cause I just remembered I'm going to be number 1 in the world pretty soon! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

I'm going to be number 1 in the world pretty soon! :)

A winners attitude if ever I saw it !!!!! Hope it goes well for you Aish :)

When will the first set of match ups been announced offically?

I'm not completely sure yet but we're going to be seeded anyway so the most likely would probably be this:

(1)Megumi Fuji vs (8)Lynn Alvarez
    (4)Aisling Daly vs (5)Jessica Pene

(3)Lisa Ward vs (6)Jessica Aguilar
    (2)Rosi Sexton vs (7)Angela Magana

I like it! ;)

Arent the two of you training partners?

Nope, we never were in any real sense. Rosi was with Sbg UK but not anymore, I am still with Sbg Ireland.
    We trained together once about 4 years ago before I had a fight & I met her once after that a couple of years back.

We were never training partners just shared a gym name :)

Nope, we never were in any real sense. Rosi was with Sbg UK but not anymore, I am still with Sbg Ireland.
    We trained together once about 4 years ago before I had a fight & I met her once after that a couple of years back.

We were never training partners just shared a gym name :)

Yeah, it was cagewarrior that I got the notion i think. Was it before the berik fight?

Either way, Awesome achievement getting the call up. SMASH em all!!

• Advertisement
Advertisement