Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Aisling Daly added to next season's Bellator tourney

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 178 ✭✭Aisling!

I met her for the first time before she had her first bodog fight & the 2nd time I met her was after the Berik fight.
    I think everyone had that idea but not the case :) Gona get in there and do what I do best! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Aisling! wrote: »
    I'm not completely sure yet but we're going to be seeded anyway so the most likely would probably be this:

(1)Megumi Fuji vs (8)Lynn Alvarez
    (4)Aisling Daly vs (5)Jessica Pene

(3)Lisa Ward vs (6)Jessica Aguilar
    (2)Rosi Sexton vs (7)Angela Magana

I like it! ;)
    Is she related to Eddie at all?:confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 813 ✭✭✭Shazbot

First of all, congratulations on the inclusion in Bellator. It's a great step for Irish MMA and I'm sure you wont disappoint Aisling.

To take the thread slightly off topic....
    I'm saying we'll see on August 12th if Rosi isn't under medical suspension.

According to MMA junkie . Rosi is on a medical suspension following that nasty KO. They speculate that Zoila Frausto will replace her.

Not as far as I know anyway :)

I did read that about Rosi, it's a shame, she's a much better competitor than Zoila. Zoila will be in way over her head on the ground against any of the girls in the tournament.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,512 ✭✭✭Oh_Noes

Seeing as the thread starter has returned the discussion to Rosi's fight I shall presume it's ok for me to add my view.

No I didn't. Brutal KO though.

WAR DALY!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

Fuji is a badass! You'll have your hands full with her if you get the chance. If you beat her, it would do alot for your career. Best of luck Ais.

Fuji is a badass, I have alot of respect for her but she did look very beatable in her last fight against Sarah Schneider, didn't look like there was much power in those punches at the finish! :)

I'd be more worried about her subs ;) She's got sneaky inside trips from judo, so she's very good at controlling where the fight goes. I'd say if you can keep it standing, you'll outbox her for sure. I'm actually interested to see how it will play out. I don't watch alot of female MMA, but I'd be genuinely looking forward to seeing how you get on.

Who's this Lynn Alvarez girl? I've never heard of her.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,615 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Thief

Awesome news! Go Get-em Ais.

I would love to see you v Fuji too!

• Advertisement

dlofnep wrote: »
    I'd be more worried about her subs ;) She's got sneaky inside trips from judo, so she's very good at controlling where the fight goes. I'd say if you can keep it standing, you'll outbox her for sure. I'm actually interested to see how it will play out. I don't watch alot of female MMA, but I'd be genuinely looking forward to seeing how you get on.

Who's this Lynn Alvarez girl? I've never heard of her.

I've watched her fight a few times ;) so I have a gameplan! :) I'm very confident in my ground game & my stand up is doing sweet right now, there's a couple of Bantamweight monsters like Paddy Holahan & Keith Coady gettin my ass into shape in the gym right now so I'm feeling great!

I don't know too much about Lynn Alvarez, not found any footage online but she looks to have done pretty well against some mediocre to good opponents :)

I'm well aware I'm the wild card going into this tournament but I've fought any & all competition I could find. I know I've got the skills & determination to win, I can only beat whoevers put in front of me! :)

That's the spirit!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Not as far as I know anyway :)

I did read that about Rosi, it's a shame, she's a much better competitor than Zoila. Zoila will be in way over her head on the ground against any of the girls in the tournament.
    Fuji is a badass, I have alot of respect for her but she did look very beatable in her last fight against Sarah Schneider, didn't look like there was much power in those punches at the finish! :)
    I've watched her fight a few times ;) so I have a gameplan! :) I'm very confident in my ground game & my stand up is doing sweet right now, there's a couple of Bantamweight monsters like Paddy Holahan & Keith Coady gettin my ass into shape in the gym right now so I'm feeling great!

I don't know too much about Lynn Alvarez, not found any footage online but she looks to have done pretty well against some mediocre to good opponents :)

I'm well aware I'm the wild card going into this tournament but I've fought any & all competition I could find. I know I've got the skills & determination to win, I can only beat whoevers put in front of me! :)
    Next question.Howd you managed to quote me in 3 completely different posts :pac:

Or am I just that drunk :confused:

No idea! I was just answering questions :) maybe you were the one asking them all! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 826 ✭✭✭SBG Ireland

just want to say a quick thank you to amanda/barry and shona/paul for coming over as sparring partners. a good example of 'rival' teams helping each other when one of us gets an international opportunity :)
    ...any other females out there with good skills in any of the combat sports available to spar with ais please get in touch also thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,258 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

QUote from MMAJunkie.com

Bellator officials have added three tournament fights, including a heavyweight headliner, to next month's Bellator 25 event.

The main event features undefeated Damian Grabowski (12-0 MMA, 0-0 BFC) vs. Scott Barrett (10-1 MMA, 1-0 BFC) in the opening-round of the organization's eight-man heavyweight tourney.

And in the eight-slot 115-pound women's tourney, Zoila Frausto (7-1 MMA, 1-0 BFC) meets Jessica Pene (7-0 MMA, 1-0 BFC) and Aisling Daly (9-0 MMA, 0-0 BFC) takes on Lisa Ward (13-5 MMA, 1-0 BFC) in opening-round matchups.

Bellator 25 takes place Aug. 19 at the Chicago Theatre in Illinois. The event airs live on FOX Sports Net, and a highlights package airs the following weekend on NBC, Telemundo and mun2.

Grabowski makes his U.S. debut following a successful three-year run in Poland and other Central European nations. All 12 of his career wins have come via stoppage (10 in the first round). Among the dozen career victories, seven have come via submission and five via knockout.

In April 2009, Grabowski posted four victories in one night to win an Austrian tournament. Although the fights had no time limits, he finished each of his first three opponents within two-and-a-half minutes.

Grabowski now meets Barrett, a fellow heavyweight prospect who's riding a four-fight win streak. Most recently, he topped Ty Lee (7-0 at the time) with a first-round knockout at Bellator 19 this past May. In fact, nine of his 10 wins have come via strikes (eight in the first round).

MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com) first reported the Frausto vs. Pene matchup earlier this month. Frausto earned her spot in the tourney by upsetting highly regarded Rosi Sexton via vicious first-round KO at Bellator 23 in June. The victory, in fact, earned Frausto Sexton's spot in the tourney. She now meets unbeaten Pene, who posted a first-round TKO of Tammie Schneider at Bellator 5 in 2009.

Daly, meanwhile, makes her Bellator debut after racking up nine straight wins in Europe, including her native Ireland. Only her most recent fight (a decision win over Maiju Kujala) went the distance. She puts her perfect record on the line against Ward, a six-year vet who most recently topped Stephanie Frausto (Zoila's sister) at Bellator 22 in June.

GOOD LUCK AIS!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭GaryW

Best of luck Ais... Just get in there and thump the skulls off em like ya usually do.. You've fast hands in the stand up, your over hand right is a head spinner and your G&P is top notch... cant remember which fight it was but you were riding around on some poor unfortunate like they were a mechanical bull (think it was in cage rage) while punchin the face off her at the same time, the girl couldn't wait for you to get up off her... You will go far, just do what you do!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,548 ✭✭✭siochain

whats the craic with see this on the box? any channel showing live?

Thanks Gary :)
    siochain wrote: »
    whats the craic with see this on the box? any channel showing live?

It's going to be shown on Fox Sports Network, I don't know about getting that channel in Ireland. Last time I watched in online on justin.tv but it was about 3am Irish time :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 267 ✭✭Performance Martial Arts

As far as I'm concerned you will do great as you have always done. Your a great ambassedor for Irish mma and not just ladies but sport in general. Keep up the hard work and it will all pay off and the hole contry is behind you too. This is your time to shine and get stuck in so just do that!!!! Best of luck

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,548 ✭✭✭siochain

It's going to be shown on Fox Sports Network, I don't know about getting that channel in Ireland. Last time I watched in online on justin.tv but it was about 3am Irish time :)

that will do fine, great to see you get the opportunity your deserve, all the best :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,512 ✭✭✭Oh_Noes

Usually starts 1am Irish time on Thursday nights when it's in season. Very easy to find streams online for it. It has become my favorite American MMA promotion because of its tournament structure and regularity of events. As well as that they're constantly adding really good fighters, their latest one being Paul Daley, or so the rumor mill would suggest http://www.bjpenn.com/profiles/blogs/paul-daley-inks-deal-with

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

I hope I can post this here. Here is nice little interview from last week:
    http://fighthype.com/pages/content7954.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 120 ✭✭Attreu

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,258 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭Clive

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 243 ✭✭baz123

All the best Ash :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭Tones69

Tmrw night isnt it??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭unknown13

Tones69 wrote: »
    Tmrw night isnt it??

Thursday night at 1am

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 120 ✭✭Attreu

Video Here: http://video.mma-tv.net/?z=14863 (Hope it's ok to post this)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 fedor.2

Mod edit.

• Advertisement

fedor 2 banned for breach of forum charter. Fighter bashing is not allowed plain and simple.

This was addressed VERY clearly a long time ago.

Nevermind anything else, it's just plain and simple a d1ck move, and the MMA forum could do without any more of that. Considering both Aisling and John post here it borders into personal abuse and as such the ban is permanent.

PLEASE NOBODY ELSE RESPOND TO THAT COMMENT.

Advertisement